Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Krispy Kreme-free donut June 2nd!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

KRISPY KREME'S NATIONAL DOUGHNUT DAY CELEBRATION
TOPS LIST OF BEST FREE THINGS TO DO IN JUNE

Stop by your local Krispy Kreme on Friday, June 2nd for a free doughnut of your choice.

Between summer vacations, camp, air conditioning and backyard BBQs, summer can take a toll on your bank account. The good news is that there doesn't have to be a drought in your wallet just because the weather is getting hotter.

"Dough"-not-required opportunities abound during the first month of summer -- providing proof that the best things in life are still free. Kick off these "Top Ten Free Things To Do In June" with a free Krispy Kreme doughnut of your choice at participating Krispy Kreme retail stores on Friday, June 2 in honor of National Doughnut Day.

TOP TEN FREE THINGS TO DO IN JUNE

10. Pull together some old newspapers, sticks, twine and tape and make your own kite. June 15th is Fly a Kite Day!

9. Grab a friend to watch the sunset. June 21 marks the summer solstice--and the longest day of the year. When the sun finally goes down, turn off the lights and stargaze in the backyard.

8. Practice your swing and hit a few like the Masters... watch those golf balls soar. Then catch the U.S. Open on television June 15-18.

7. Baseball season is well underway and team spirit isn’t reserved just for the Major Leagues. June 11 marks the beginning of National Little League Week, started by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Go to a local little league game and root for the home team!

6. Spend some QT with your main man! June 18th is Father’s Day, so give him a call or, better yet, go visit.

5. Learn to juggle! June 17 is World Juggling Day. Pick up some items around the house such as pillows, ping pong balls or fruit and see how long you can keep them up in the air.

4. June 5 is World Environment Day! Started by the United Nations in 1972, this day is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world. Gather your friends and clean up local waterways, streets and parks.

3. Show your patriotism and hang the old stars and stripes. June 14th marks National Flag Day! Write a letter to a soldier or a veteran showing your appreciation.

2. "Gone Fishin'." Get out the old fly rod and head to a nearby river or stream. June 4 marks the start of National Fishing Week.

1. Treat yourself on the sweetest day of the year! Friday, June 2nd is National Doughnut Day! Stop by your local participating Krispy Kreme and get a free Krispy Kreme doughnut of your choice!
Old 06-01-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks Bufford but.....

I'm sure there are others that will enjoy.....
Old 06-01-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's Buford, not Bufford.
Old 06-01-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

at least it wasn't Buttford.....
Old 06-01-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free donuts on my birthday, what more could I ask for?
Old 06-01-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Some donut hole action?

(not related to the Buttford post above ChiTown's)
Old 06-02-06, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, everytime I walk in to the local Krispy Kreme, they offer me a free sample off the line, so I make it a point not to use the drive-up window.