Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

KORN: "... Live on the Other Side" DVD -6/20/06

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Korn Brings Live DVD To A Theater Near You

Korn is gearing up marketing efforts in support of the upcoming DVD "KORN: Live on the Other Side," with plans for a nationwide premiere in 100 movie theaters to launch the release. The DVD will be screened in the theaters June 19 through National CineMedia's 'Big Screen Concerts' division, one day before its release by Live Nation’s Media Rights Division (distributed by Image Entertainment).

The Korn premiere comes on the heels of the deal between National CineMedia, a digital distributor and marketer of concerts for movie theaters, and Live Nation, the concert promotion powerhouse that owns 6% interest in Korn's box office, licensing, publishing, merchandising and CD sales.

NCM has been marketing and distributing music content, both live and pre-recorded, through its Big Screen Concerts division since 2002. In addition to distributing shows to its network of 11,000 screens in a variety of formats, including HD with 5.1 audio, NCM also delivers live encrypted HD presentations to more than 120 movie theaters in 78 markets.

An in-theater advertising campaign for the rock band kicked off May 19 and will run for four weeks leading up to the premiere.

"KORN: Live on the Other Side" captures the band's sold-out Nov. 29, 2005, performance at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom. Bonuses on the DVD include the 37-minute documentary "See You on the Other Side," behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive interviews with band members.

This promotional push is another part of the Live Nation, Korn partnership -- the two have resurrected the Family Values tour which is set to launch July 27 in Virginia Beach, Va.

Here is the "KORN: Live on the Other Side" DVD track list:

"Here To Stay"
"Twist"
"Got the Life"
"Liar"
"A.d.i.d.a.s."
"Coming Undone"
"Dirty"
"Falling Away From Me"
"Twisted Transistor"
"Did My Time"
"Shoots and Ladders"
"One"
"Freak on a Leash"
"Another Brick in the Wall / Goodbye Cruel World"
"Blind"
"Somebody Someone"
"Hypocrites"
"Y’all Want a Single"

Bonus Features:
"See You on the Other Side" documentary
"See Who’s on the Other Side" interviews/backstage footage
"Coming Undone" music video
Juke Box

BILLBOARD.com
Old 05-24-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i guess they are trying real hard to release stuff under their new record contract.