Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Great Raid WS 1 Disc - 05/16/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Great Raid WS 1 Disc - 05/16/06

Just thought i'd give a heads up to anyone who wanted the ws version,but didn't want to purchase the 2 disc ws version.
Old 05-26-06, 12:58 PM

Was eagerly awaiting this when it originally came out. Passed on it due to have to buying the book and several other items that came clustered with it for the WS version. Luckily my ever so kind wife picked it up for me in any case. I just hope this is a one-time trend and in the future they release WS standalone versions.

-Tim
Old 05-26-06, 01:06 PM

I've yet to see this since I'm not shelling out for the 2-disc and I ain't watching the pan & scan. Might have to get it now. That had to be one the dumbest releases ever.
Old 05-26-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this the theatrical verison?

Since I think the theatrical version ran 133 minutes as the dvd claims,while the totally re-edited Directors Cut ran 131 minutes. Unless I got the running times mixed up?

Either way if this is the theatrical verison. I'm glad it's been made available in it's OAR instead of pan & scan only. Since I hate that trend of only releasing the unrated/DC in OAR and the theatrical in pan & scan.
Old 05-26-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is the theatrical edition on the WS single disc with the 133 minute running time.
Old 05-27-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blockbuster has been really good about stocking widescreen movies, but in this case they only had FF and I've been wanting this but not badly enough to buy it. Glad this is coming
Old 05-28-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I will never understand why they handled this movie in such a retarded fashion. of course, no rental place will have this since it's already long been released
Old 05-28-06, 02:39 PM

I finally saw this film last night on STARZ and I enjoyed it very much! I didn't know that the US abandoned POW's back then and allowed them to be treated the way that they were. How awful for us to do that. The air rade shelter scene only gives a hint of the horror they must have experienced.