Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Interesting Superman Returns Deal (via Amazon)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-24-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

If you buy any of these:

Superman - Brainiac Attacks
Superman - The Animated Series, Volume Three
Justice League - Season Two

Each one includes a movie pass for Superman Returns ($10.50 value)
Old 05-24-06, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All stores are going to have this free movie pass.

Some of the other sets included are the new L&C, Superboy, and Adventures of Superman releases that are also coming out on Superday. All will have the free movie pass, its not amazon exclusive.
Old 05-24-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the heads up...I hate paying for movies. Luckily I saw MI3, Da Vinci Code and now Superman for free!!! Gotta find a Miami Vice coupon now!!!
Old 05-24-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crap!...I am going to have a lot of Superman movie tickets. Oh well, I can take the family or do what I have done before. I use the ticket for another movie. Last weekend I took the kids to see Over the Hedge. I had a free Posiedon ticket. Used the free ticket for Poseidon and then bought 2 tickets for Over the Hedge. Then just went to see Over the Hedge. My theater is never full so their is never a problem.
Old 05-24-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It still amazes me that they do this. For some DVD releases, I understand, such as The Fog and Underworld, to entice people to buy a DVD they already own and see a movie that they might not see otherwise. But to give tickets away to movies like Superman and Da Vinci Code amazes me...
Old 05-24-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the reason they do that is to have that really good first weekend gross. Movie executives figure that someone is more likely to see their movie if they have a free ticket rather than coming out of the consumer's wallet. Pretty much first weekend grosses depends how a movie is perceived nowadays.
Old 05-24-06, 07:26 PM

>>I think the reason they do that is to have that really good first weekend gross. Movie executives figure that someone is more likely to see their movie if they have a free ticket rather than coming out of the consumer's wallet. Pretty much first weekend grosses depends how a movie is perceived nowadays.

Bingo - just ask Tom Cruise after his disappointing opening weekend in MI:3. They should have released season 1 of MI with a movie ticket!
Old 05-24-06, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by js097
Bingo - just ask Tom Cruise after his disappointing opening weekend in MI:3. They should have released season 1 of MI with a movie ticket!
Actually, they did! I bought Mission: Impossible (the first movie) about a month ago at Wal-Mart for $9 and got a free ticket for MI:3.
Old 05-25-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

And also they figure that if a family has a free ticket, thats three other paid tickets that might not have been there without the insentive (the free ticket).
Old 05-26-06, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Thanks for the heads up...I hate paying for movies. Luckily I saw MI3, Da Vinci Code and now Superman for free!!! Gotta find a Miami Vice coupon now!!!

No Miami Vice ticket (yet), but did notice today at Best Buy that they had a free ticket for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 in certain dvds. Saw it for sure in National Treasure and King Arthur. I'm sure others are included. <crossing my fingers Miami Vice ticket deal is just around the corner>
Old 05-27-06, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bobweiser
No Miami Vice ticket (yet), but did notice today at Best Buy that they had a free ticket for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 in certain dvds. Saw it for sure in National Treasure and King Arthur. I'm sure others are included. <crossing my fingers Miami Vice ticket deal is just around the corner>
Is there a web site that keeps track of which DVDs have the free movie passes in them?
Old 05-27-06, 01:36 PM

Sometimes the studios will post listings on their respective sites, but usually you'll find someone posting on here that they found it in the store first. I'd say check on here first and keep an eye on the sites if you have the time.
Old 05-27-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Christi P
Is there a web site that keeps track of which DVDs have the free movie passes in them?
dvdtalk.com
Old 05-27-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
I think the reason they do that is to have that really good first weekend gross. Movie executives figure that someone is more likely to see their movie if they have a free ticket rather than coming out of the consumer's wallet. Pretty much first weekend grosses depends how a movie is perceived nowadays.
Not a bad theory ...

My theory is that they do this to get people to buy DVD's that they might normally not purchase without the extra incentive.

... I bought "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and received free movie tickets to both Silent Hill and DaVinci Code. I could not have cared less about the DVD, but was going to drop the $$$ on the 2 movies anyway ... and this way it cost me less.
Old 05-29-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know which titles include the Pirates 2 ticket?
Old 05-29-06, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Anyone know which titles include the Pirates 2 ticket?
From memory:
Con Air SE
Enemy of the State SE
Pirates of the Caribbean
Crimson Tide SE
Coyote Ugly SE
Several non-mainstream Disney titles, none of which come to mind.
And as mentioned above:
National Treasure
King Arthur Extended
Old 05-30-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
From memory:
Con Air SE
Enemy of the State SE
Pirates of the Caribbean
Crimson Tide SE
Coyote Ugly SE
Several non-mainstream Disney titles, none of which come to mind.
And as mentioned above:
National Treasure
King Arthur Extended

i picked up the Rock (only 9.99) and Atlantis.
Also saw Treasure Planet, and a bunch of old disney live action titles like 20,000 leagues, Treasure Island, etc..
Old 05-30-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks guys - glad I held out on the new Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State.........looks like they are both still $14.99. Maybe they will have a sale on these before the July Pirates 2 release date.........