Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Speed "Award Series" 2-disc at Target

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-21-06, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "Award Series" 2-disc Speed released with zip, zilch, nada fanfare in February finally showed up at a discount B&M store. The Targets here in PA had it on their $13.78 endcap by the registers. Not a big price cut, but that's cheaper than DeepDiscountDVD's $14.64, which is the lowest price I've seen for it before. Although it will be cheaper during DDD's 20% off sale ($11.71). But now that it hit Target it might be worth keeping an eye out for an inclusion in a sale to maybe get it down even lower. I bought it keeping in mind the 90-day-option to buy it again on sale and return it on the old receipt.

The contents of this appear identical to the pricier 4-years-old "5-star Collection" Speed (currently $19.99 at CircuitCity.com, $23.99 at Amazon, and phased out at DDD and BB). So as of now it's never been cheaper to get the definitive DVD of one of the great action movies of the '90s and the film that gave birth for better or worse to Sandra Bullock, the movie star. Thanks go to Speed's sole Oscar for "sound effects editing" for qualifying it (barely) as an "Awards Series" rerelease.
Old 05-21-06, 11:24 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JediJones
Thanks go to Speed's sole Oscar for "sound effects editing" for qualifying it (barely) as an "Awards Series" rerelease.
I'm sure those sound editors appreciate your kind words and thoughts...