Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Why is The Boondocks 1st season $50?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is The Boondocks 1st season $50?

I think it's 3 discs or whatever but why so high for just what 15 or 16 epsiodes?

I'll buy it regardless but I was hoping for it to be around the same price as American Dad Volume 1 like 29.99
Old 05-16-06, 04:06 PM
Banned

It's only the MSRP.
Old 05-16-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That $49.95 is the MSRP. Most stores don't actually charge the MSRP on things, and you'll probably be able to find this at a more affordable price on release week or at an etailer.

Just to put things in perspective, the MSRP on American Dad is $39.99, and the South Park seasons are $49.99, but they routinely sell for $25-28 on release week.
Old 05-16-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
"The Man" set the price.
Old 05-16-06, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
That $49.95 is the MSRP. Most stores don't actually charge the MSRP on things, and you'll probably be able to find this at a more affordable price on release week or at an etailer.

Just to put things in perspective, the MSRP on American Dad is $39.99, and the South Park seasons are $49.99, but they routinely sell for $25-28 on release week.

Thanks for clearing that up
Old 05-16-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Checking places like Amazon or Deep Discount DVD never hurts. It's $34.99 at Amazon right now.
Old 05-16-06, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Video Dead
I think it's 3 discs or whatever but why so high for just what 15 or 16 epsiodes?

I'll buy it regardless but I was hoping for it to be around the same price as American Dad Volume 1 like 29.99
Why couldn't you ask this question in the thread that already exist?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=455831
Old 05-16-06, 05:05 PM

Umm, that's a thread for "The Boondock Saints" not "The Boondocks". Different thing

Old 05-16-06, 09:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Davy Mack
Umm, that's a thread for "The Boondock Saints" not "The Boondocks". Different thing

My bad. i meant this one:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ight=boondocks
Old 05-17-06, 12:32 AM
Banned

I think it being dead for two weeks had something to do with it.
Old 05-17-06, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by dx23

That thread is like a month old and I just had a question I wanted answered lighten up.
Old 05-17-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
I still think it's a smidge high, but then I remembered that there's a lot of popular music used in this series so hopefully some of that money is going towards making sure none of the music is replaced.
Old 05-17-06, 09:33 AM
Banned

That thread is like a month old and I just had a question I wanted answered lighten up.
So what if the thread is a month old? Use the search and ask your question there. If you create a new thread for every question you have about a certain topic, then the discussion will be diluted all around and people wouldn't find the answers. That is why we keep discussions on one thread only.
Old 05-17-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
The release has been bumped back to July 25.
Old 05-17-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Like, a whole month old?
Old 05-17-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The question was discussed quite a bit in that thread. Generally speaking, people 'round these parts consider it polite to stick to one main thread regarding each DVD release, not to start a new thread for every specific question. When a DVD release is so high profile that people forget/ignore that ... well, check out the 'Star Wars' sub-forum for an example.

It's much, much easier to just stick to the one thread. Especially when the question you ask is already being asked within it.
Old 05-17-06, 02:40 PM

So what if the thread is a month old? Use the search and ask your question there. If you create a new thread for every question you have about a certain topic, then the discussion will be diluted all around and people wouldn't find the answers. That is why we keep discussions on one thread only.

So first you bring up the wrong thread just to make a stupid point to use the search function then you dig and dig and try to find a thread on the boondocks release? Get a grip dude nobody cares if you don't want somebody to ask a question in a new thread. I don't use the search function and never will if i don't see it on the first few pages i'm gonna make a thread to get my question answered. This thread didn't hurt anybody but you obviously.
Old 05-17-06, 03:43 PM
Banned

So first you bring up the wrong thread just to make a stupid point to use the search function then you dig and dig and try to find a thread on the boondocks release? Get a grip dude nobody cares if you don't want somebody to ask a question in a new thread. I don't use the search function and never will if i don't see it on the first few pages i'm gonna make a thread to get my question answered. This thread didn't hurt anybody but you obviously.

It may stupid for you, but for members like me, we try to keep the discussion in one place. It is common courtesy to all members, so that they can find their answers in one thread, not all over the place. Don't use the search and create duplicates and your threads will be locked. And this is not your forum or a public forum where you do what you want. There are guidelines and rules and members follow it to make this place easy to use. Imagine if everybody opened up a new thread everytime they have a question?.
Old 05-17-06, 06:16 PM

It may stupid for you, but for members like me, we try to keep the discussion in one place. It is common courtesy to all members, so that they can find their answers in one thread, not all over the place. Don't use the search and create duplicates and your threads will be locked. And this is not your forum or a public forum where you do what you want. There are guidelines and rules and members follow it to make this place easy to use. Imagine if everybody opened up a new thread everytime they have a question?.

Sorry about being an ass man you're right it's better to use the search button than to make posts about things that have previously been discussed.

In the future i'll be sure to check around and search before making threads.
Old 05-17-06, 09:17 PM
Banned

No problem. Thanks for understanding.
Old 05-18-06, 09:15 AM
Mod Emeritus

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ight=boondocks

Last edited by Dead; 05-18-06 at 09:17 AM.