Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard anything about a Liar Liar SE?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-14-06, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that my copy is in fullscreen and thought b4 I run out and buy the current widescreen version I should ask if anyone has heard anything about a possible better release?
Old 05-14-06, 02:07 AM

The widescreen is a CE re-issue already. The FF was first and the WS CE followed.
Old 05-14-06, 02:15 AM

It seems very unlikely, as the current release is quite good. Then again, they seem to be re-releasing everything these days (i.e. - Liar Liar: I'm Kicking My Ass, Do You Mind!? Edition or Liar Liar: Short Shriveled and Always to the Left Edition or Liar Liar: The Pen is Blue Edition) That being said, if you get it, you have two choices: DTS or special features. Surprisingly, I went the extras route (which I usually don't do if DTS is involved). Also, at the time I got it, the DTS version was a little harder to find. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Novasonic; 05-14-06 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-14-06, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DTS version in R1 is NON-anamorphic and 4:3! Wether it's open matte or not I have no idea, I doubt it though. Just about every other region has a better release than R1 too, but if only R1 is where you buy dvds, then the current Collector's Edition is deffinately the way to go. $8.53 @ DDD or you could find it used for probably like $5.
Good luck
Old 05-14-06, 03:08 AM

Wow, now that I didn't know about the DTS version. Glad I got the regular and thanks for the heads up for anybody else that didn't know.
Old 05-14-06, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had the DTS - I sold the DTS - I could not bear to watch it again. I am not sure about replacing it either. I enjoyed the movie, but I am not running to replace it - waiting for the proper deal. I have a widescreen VHS if I have to have a fix. I got this back when familywonder was going under - they sent me the VHS instead of the DVD - I called to complain and they sent me the DVD - never asked for the VHS back.

Last edited by speedyray; 05-14-06 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-14-06, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
Just about every other region has a better release than R1 too ...
For some reason, this is one title I never checked in other regions - thanks for the reminder!
Old 05-14-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Street date is set for 11.7.2006, oh my..... I can't stop lying! j/k! just a joke to poke fun at the film. I am happy with the WS version I own, I'd rather see a Warner 2-discer with both Ace Ventura 1 and 2 in anamorphic WS. That is Jim Carrey at his finest.
Old 05-14-06, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That doesn't say much for Carrey at all then.
Old 05-14-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see SEs of alot of Carrey's films,even the ones that already have them. DamnIt Jim why can't you participate in DVD Features. Who wouldn't love to see Carrey on commentary?
Old 05-14-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish they would do this!
Old 05-15-06, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
That doesn't say much for Carrey at all then.
Jim's best work as a physical comedian IMO is Ace 1/2. They are silly, goofy, live action cartoonish like films, but why not his finest on a level of serious acting, they are impressive for his comedic work. Not for everybody's tastes though. His best work as an actor IMO is The Truman Show, Dumb and Dumber, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind and Man On The Moon, and the underrated little gem The Majestic, The Mask and Liar, Liar. btw, I would love a Fire Marshall Bill movie someday.