Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

DVD Recorder Audio Sync problem - help

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-06, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Samsung DVD-VR320 DVD/VHS combo recording unit. It's a great machine but I've just discovered a quirk I can't figure out. I can copy in any speed mode from VHS or from a patched in separate DVD player and that first
copy is fine. However, if I try to make a copy FROM that copy, the audio sync is way off -- enough to be irritating. I was trying to piece together several snippets from personal Tapes and DVDs and some non-copyrighted commercial DVDs as well and put them on a "master" so that when I wanted to dupe it for friends, I would not have to swamp out 10 or more DVDs or tapes to create the montage. The end result was a horrible audio sync offset that is bad enough that the resulting duplicate is worthless.

Any ideas why this happens or any remedy for the situation? Seems like a duplicate should just be a duplicate, not encounter audio sync problems, or maybe there's something about the nature of DVD recording I just don't comprehend? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.