Alias -- "I See Dead People" -- 05.10.2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I See Dead People"

Sydney must beat arch-nemesis Anna Espinosa to the punch when a mysterious chip found implanted in Renée is tied to Vaughn. Meanwhile, Sloane struggles with ghostly visions while working for Prophet Five.
Old 05-10-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could the title of the episode refer to someone believed or really...Dead?
Old 05-10-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Could the title of the episode refer to someone believed or really...Dead?
That describes just about every single character on Alias at some point during the show's run...
Old 05-10-06, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The way they killed Nadia was just so fricken harsh! I couldn't believe it! I was in shock, I was actually expecting her to stick out the four episodes till the finale, but the way they did it, it just seemed soo perfect. There was no real other way for them to set up the final couple episodes especially if they are going int the direction I belive they are going.

My major gripe is that J.J. Abrams didn't write the 100th episode or even more importantly the SERIES FINALE! That Just kinda bugs me... i know he's busy with MI3, but still this is his baby and he should have taken the time to end it.

Last edited by critterdvd; 05-10-06 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spoliers
Old 05-10-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the title is referring to -- and I think its silly to spoilerize my speculation but I know someone will whine about it otherwise --
Spoiler:
Nadia. Two reasons: 1) Mia Maestro has apparently said she was in all of the remaining episodes, and 2) She was the Passenger, a key part of the Rambaldi plan, and if the plan is to carry out the Rambaldi plan, it seems hard to believe she would be killed off by being thrown into a table.
Old 05-10-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It may be Abrams baby, but lets be honest here, he gave it up for adoption a couple of seasons ago. He stated in a recent interview that he apparently loves the way they're planning on closing it out and wanted to be the one to direct the series finale, but they had him half-way across the globe doing promotional work for MI3.
Old 05-10-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
stoopid opening credits...I hate knowing the actors real names..

buh bye Anna
Old 05-10-06, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Excellent epiosde!

The way Anna died was a nod to Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Sydney is a triple agent!
Old 05-10-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Anna-Vaughn fight was pretty brutal, especially the Vaughn face plant into the glass.

Is it me, or has Amy Acker aged a bit in just 2 years since Angel?

It seemed to me that this episode just flew by.
Old 05-10-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im finally glad that bitch is dead...FINALLY!
Old 05-10-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sark and Sloan together again.
Old 05-10-06, 10:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good episode.

The scene with Anna standing over Syd after the truck crashed reminded me of that scene in Austin Powers where Scott keeps asking why Dr. Evil just doesn't shoot them in the head.
Old 05-10-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Sark and Sloan together again.
And Sark owes Syd a big favor - can't wait to see where this one goes.

I'm excited to see Syd as a deep cover agent again.

The ghost of Nadia was terribly annoying - the one part of the show that bugged me.

I was wondering how long it would take Vaughn to realize something was wrong w/ Syd.

I want to know who Grace is working for - it can't be Prophet Five.

And they actually killed a bad guy - and one of the major ones to boot. I was hoping they wouldn't drag out the two Syd's any longer than necessary - and they actually came through.
Old 05-10-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Are we certain that Anna is dead?
Old 05-10-06, 10:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by B.A.
And Sark owes Syd a big favor - can't wait to see where this one goes.
Refresh my memory?
Old 05-10-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by B.A.
The ghost of Nadia was terribly annoying - the one part of the show that bugged me.
Considering how badly the writers consistantly failed to integrate her character into this show or generate even an ounce of interest in said character, I actually prefer this phantasmagoric version of Nadia.

Last edited by meritocracy; 05-11-06 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-11-06, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sark also has that night with Rachel. Speaking of Rachel, I think she may be onto Thomas. Or she either finds out later and takes him out or he takes her out when she finds out what he's up to. I hope he doesn't kill her.
Old 05-11-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
The way they killed Nadia was just so fricken harsh! I couldn't believe it! I was in shock, I was actually expecting her to stick out the four episodes till the finale, but the way they did it, it just seemed soo perfect. There was no real other way for them to set up the final couple episodes especially if they are going int the direction I belive they are going.

My major gripe is that J.J. Abrams didn't write the 100th episode or even more importantly the SERIES FINALE! That Just kinda bugs me... i know he's busy with MI3, but still this is his baby and he should have taken the time to end it.
And you can tell that he hasn't been writing or much to do with these episodes. The dialogue in tonight's episode just seemed laughable at some points; the Nadia dialogue especially. Too bad this all they could give Mia to do in the end.
Old 05-11-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Refresh my memory?
I'm fairly certain that she saved his life in Africa earlier this season when he was an independent contractor.
Old 05-11-06, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Are we certain that Anna is dead?
I think shooting someone a few times in the chest and once in the head is a pretty good way to put him/her down permanently.

Excellent episode! Unlike others, I liked the scenes with Nadia; they went to show that Sloane still has some amount of humanity left to him.

Commercial breaks seemed a lot better this week.
Old 05-11-06, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I think shooting someone a few times in the chest and once in the head is a pretty good way to put him/her down permanently.
WRONG! This is Alias after all. One of my main gripes about it is that there are no consequences. No one is ever really dead. I'm freaking waiting for Sloane's wife to come back...
Old 05-11-06, 08:13 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
The scene with Anna standing over Syd after the truck crashed reminded me of that scene in Austin Powers where Scott keeps asking why Dr. Evil just doesn't shoot them in the head.

Exactly. "No, I will not shoot you, instead I will light this trail of gas on fire so that your vehicle explodes, and I will walk away before confirming that you are, in fact, dead."

Vaughn's so smart. The old "we were never in Cartagena" trick get's 'em every time.
Old 05-11-06, 08:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Strafe
WRONG! This is Alias after all. One of my main gripes about it is that there are no consequences. No one is ever really dead. I'm freaking waiting for Sloane's wife to come back...
Agreed. Vaughn was pumped full of bullets and still survived. If this show were to continue, I would bet she would still be alive, but since it's ending, I think she'll stay dead.
Old 05-11-06, 08:52 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Strafe
I realize that Alias likes to bring people back (I knew Vaughn wasn't dead), but, come on, the bitch was shot straight through the head, zombie-like. The writers would have to think we're total morons if they tried to bring Anna back from that. None of the other gunshot victims were done through the head, so it made it a little easier to "accept" (used very loosely) their return to life. Take away the shot in the head, and you'd definitely have a point.
Old 05-11-06, 09:23 AM
Suspended

I just wish it would've been the "real" Anna that Syd killed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.