Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Veronica Mars -- Season Finale "Not Pictured" -- 05/09/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's responsible for the bus crash?
Kendall Casablanca
9.30%
Beaver Casablanca
53.49%
The Fitzpatricks Gang
2.33%
Weevil
2.33%
Mayor Woody Goodman
6.98%
Aaron Echolls
4.65%
Other
18.60%
Twikoff
2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

"Not Pictured"
Spoiler:
Veronica learns the identity of the person responsible for the bus crash; Neptune seniors celebrate their graduation.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tessa Thompson, Tina Majorino, Kyle Gallner, Harry Hamlin, Steve Guttenberg, Charisma Carpenter, Krysten Ritter, Amanda Seyfried, Corinne Bohrer, Duane Daniels, Erica Gimpel, Ken Marino, Christopher B. Duncan, Adam Bitterman.
Director(s): John Kretchmer, John Enbom.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Rob Thomas.

Original Airdate: May 9, 2006.
Old 05-09-06, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im stumped. I think its going to be a surprise, so Woody would be too obvious. I doubt its Weevil and I hope that they wouldnt use Aaron Echolls as the bad guy again. Anyways, I cant wait.
Old 05-09-06, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't even have a guess for the poll question.

Hard to believe we still got a full season of 22 episodes when they only played 4 new ones between the end of November and the middle of March.
Old 05-09-06, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For some spoilers, here are some questions that Kristin from E! answered in her chat. There were more questions about VM, but her answers never went beyond "something big is going to happen!"

For the record, after reading the last question, I have changed my mind on who caused the crash. I'll spoilerize my thoughts after her questions.

THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TONIGHT'S SHOW TO BE SPOILED!

From Kristin:

Spoiler:

angelsskisses15 asks: any scoop on who is going to die on vm?

Kristin_Veitch replies: You mean who ARE.

mrword asks: On Veronica Mars, do we find out who blew up the bus?

Kristin_Veitch replies: Yes. And much, much more. One mystery you thought was solved comes back and it is shocking. As is who blew up the bus.

wendallgirl asks: Veronica Mars: Please tell me Jackie is off the show for good.

Kristin_Veitch replies: I think you’ll be happy with the finale!

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

I have always thought that Jackie was involved, but since there are a couple of deaths, and Jackie won't be back, I am thinking that she is one of those deaths. It could have something to do with her father's gambling problems - who knows? For the murderer, I am going with Beaver or Sheriff Lamb.

And I am assuming that the other mystery that gets resolved is Lily's murder - does this mean that Aaron was not the guilty one? Maybe we find out that Logan is the killer. He might have killed her in a fit of rage after finding out about his father and her, and Aaron was trying to cover up for him. If this was the case, I would actually love this ending.
Old 05-09-06, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking either Cassidy or Big Dick. I honestly couldn't pick one over the other.

So psyched for this episode, I've heard nothing but (unspoilery) insane praise for it. The hiatus is going to suck methinks.
Old 05-09-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not a spoiler, but speculation on my part.
Spoiler:
Since I see Corinne Bohrer (Veronica's mother) in the cast, I'll say that she has something to do with one murder or the other.
Old 05-09-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also

Spoiler:
Wallace's mother will be back
Old 05-09-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Form the choices I picked Weevil, just because why the hell not, Im pretty much at a loss for who...But damn if I cant wait. Say what you want about this season, it sure has me on the edge of my seat and really wanting to watch tonight. I think thats a good thing for any show.
Old 05-09-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been back and forth, but I am going with the person that I have suspected for a long time now: Jackie.
Old 05-09-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My theory for a long time has been that Beaver blew up the bus by accident, trying to kll Dick, but that was back when I thought that Dick was the one who molested/was still molesting (and/or raping) Beaver - now it appears to have been Woody, and I can't quite figure out why putting the bomb in the bag would have hurt Woody - ?

Also, I thought the "outing of all outings" was gonna be that Woody and Jackie's father were having an affair. Actually, I still kinda suspect that.

The big question I still have is; WHY would anyone write Veronica's name on Curly's hand?!?
Old 05-09-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My two outside picks for who was behind the bus:

Spoiler:
Jackie or Lynn Echols
Old 05-09-06, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody remember that guy? Um, what was his name? You know, the most powerful guy in town that everybody loved and was supposed to be on trial for witness tampering or something? You know, JAKE KANE!!!!

I really thought he was gonna re-enter the picture once Duncan left. (you know, what with cast budget problems and all...)

What ever happened to him and why does no one ever mention him any more? How cool would it be if it were revealed that Keith was right all along and he DID kill Lily after all!

Or maybe Trina. Yeah, that'd be cool. Trina probably did it.

Spend the whole finale shocking us with revelations that Aaran really WAS not guilty and leave the bus crash until next year.
Old 05-09-06, 07:04 PM

Spoiler:
Beaver seems like the most obvious choice, but I've been thinking why would he kill a bunch of his friends and classmates just to get back at Woody?
Old 05-09-06, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by wergo
Anybody remember that guy? Um, what was his name? You know, the most powerful guy in town that everybody loved and was supposed to be on trial for witness tampering or something? You know, JAKE KANE!!!!
Yeah, I was thinking that they would have at least brought him back for trial for HIS DAUGHTER'S MURDERER. Guess he was too busy being married to the president.
Old 05-09-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
Leave it to Beaver!
Old 05-09-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow.

He really sold it, at least.
Old 05-09-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap!! What an episode.

Is Lamb dead?
Old 05-09-06, 08:57 PM

Damn, was that an awful episode. A whole year to plot it out and this is what they come up with? Of course, they have to victimize Veronica, and it just flitted from one thing to the next without rhyme or reason. And how much of idiot is Veronica for going up on the roof? If you took away the idiot plots, the second season would be extremely short. I had high hopes since the last part of the season was an upswing, but the finale was just bad.
Old 05-09-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Holy crap!! What an episode.

Is Lamb dead?
I don't think Lamb was on the plane. Keith called the local sheriff to come pick up Woody, so he probably just called Lamb to discuss with him what to do.
Old 05-09-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cmleidi
Damn, was that an awful episode. A whole year to plot it out and this is what they come up with? Of course, they have to victimize Veronica, and it just flitted from one thing to the next without rhyme or reason. And how much of idiot is Veronica for going up on the roof? If you took away the idiot plots, the second season would be extremely short. I had high hopes since the last part of the season was an upswing, but the finale was just bad.
I'd agree. It felt like the writers all got in a room together and asked each other: "What is the craziest explanation we have for this season?" The fact that all of this was planned (at least according to something Rob Thomas said) makes it bad bad bad.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think Lamb was there. That's why he was so concerned about Keith getting off the plane with his bounty in tow. If Lamb were there, he could control the situation by going out first with Woody.
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I don't think Lamb was on the plane. Keith called the local sheriff to come pick up Woody, so he probably just called Lamb to discuss with him what to do.
Oh, yeah. That makes sense.
Old 05-09-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cmleidi
The finale was incredible. Everything makes sense, the pieces all fit, right from the beginning of the year. Oh how could they victimize the main character of the show...how could that ever happen...it's NEVER happened on ANY other show before...
Old 05-09-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u

Is Lamb dead?
I don't think so, he wasn't in Reno. He was such a scumbag arresting Weevil during the ceremony.

Tied up quite a few threads with this episode, while still leaving plenty to think about for next season. Good stuff.

At least we also got a confirmation from Aaron that he did indeed kill Lily. He never confessed while he was chasing Veronica last finale, did he?
Old 05-09-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was a solid episode...Im glad they came around with the rape. I hope Lamb wasnt on the plane because I think he is the perfect person in his "role". Great night because the Sox-Yankees game was in effect over in time so I could watch VM all the way through

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.