Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

American Dad $9.99 after MIR at Fye

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-06, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Dad $9.99 after MIR at Fye

I did a search for this and nothing came up so I apologize if it's already been posted. Anyway, I noticed today at work (fye) that the sale price on American Dad Season 1 changed again to $19.99. The set still has a rebate for $10 that should be good thru tomorrow (5/8) making it $9.99 after rebate. Just wanted to give anyone that was interested a heads up about it before the rebate ends. I think that this should be good at any Fye, but I'm not 100% positive, so YMMV. (Not sure about Coconuts.) As always, even if it isn't signed up correctly at your local store it should still ring up correctly at the register. And as it's been discussed before, all of the sets do come with that bonus Family Guy DVD.
Old 05-08-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
Why are there none of these stores near me?! Why God, why!?!?!?!!?
Old 05-08-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Seeing that I have still not gotten my $20 rebate from when I bought the Die Hard collection about 6 months ago, I'm going to pass on this one.
Old 05-08-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great deal! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-08-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks ltrain!!!

I don't buy that often at FYE since the one near me closed and I don't work near the other one, but this deal made me make the trek to midtown.

The rebate signs weren't advertised. Only the $19.99 sale price and there were only 3 left in the store.
Old 05-08-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
Seeing that I have still not gotten my $20 rebate from when I bought the Die Hard collection about 6 months ago, I'm going to pass on this one.
You need to call them and fax them your copies (hopefully you made some).
Old 05-08-06, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
Thanks ltrain!!!

I don't buy that often at FYE since the one near me closed and I don't work near the other one, but this deal made me make the trek to midtown.

The rebate signs weren't advertised. Only the $19.99 sale price and there were only 3 left in the store.

No problem. I'm glad that some of you guys were able to take advantage of this deal. I believe the rebate ended today, but I suppose $19.99 is still a decent price by itself. I always try to let people know about any random fye deals that could be under the radar.

Unfortunately, because so many of the Trans World stores are disorganized and never have stuff signed up correctly, the average customer wouldn't know about deals like this. I know fye and Coconuts kind of have a bad reputation around here for the high prices and clueless employees, but there are a few of us out there that do know what's going on, (at least most of the time...) Happy to help!
Old 05-08-06, 09:43 PM

I picked this up tonight from a Coconuts in Chicago - sticker price $39.99, rang up at $17.99 with a $10 MIR. From what I can gather, this will fly until Thursday when the deals change. Haven't looked ta the rebate printout for any dates though.
Old 05-09-06, 07:24 AM

I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. With FYE rebates, when they ask for the proof of purchase does that mean the entire UPC, or just the little piece that says "Proof Of Purchase" and the SKU number. Don't want to massacre any more of the cover than is absolutely necessary.

This might be covered elsewhere, but they also had a bunch of $14.99 movies with $7 MIRs - Good Will Hunting, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Finding Neverland, Rounders, Pulp Fiction, none of which are available through CH.
Old 05-09-06, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tannersarms
I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. With FYE rebates, when they ask for the proof of purchase does that mean the entire UPC, or just the little piece that says "Proof Of Purchase" and the SKU number. Don't want to massacre any more of the cover than is absolutely necessary.

This might be covered elsewhere, but they also had a bunch of $14.99 movies with $7 MIRs - Good Will Hunting, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Finding Neverland, Rounders, Pulp Fiction, none of which are available through CH.
What I do is to send in the price sticker on the shrinkwrap that has a barcode that matches the UPC code on the actual DVD case/box. That way you don't have to cut/rip the actual DVD case/box in any way.
Just make sure to make a photocopy (or scan, which I prefer) of the price sticker and the rebate form.
Also, keep your customer receipt (no need to make a copy of the rebate receipt that way). That should cover you if you need to prove your submission in case of "problems".

Those $7.99 after MIR movies were covered in another thread along with a list of some $4.99/$2.99 after MIR movies (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463748). There's also some $1.99 after MIR movies (baseball movies).
Old 05-19-06, 10:17 PM

Location: ____St. Louis___ a.k.a. 'Roid Rage in fantasy sports
I just ordered this at Coconuts.com for $17.99 before tax and coupon (enter FIRSTPURCHASE for 10% off and free shipping) Ended up being $17.22 for me shipped.
http://shop.coconuts.com/product.asp...2115&loc=41159