Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

YES! Marvel Ultimate Alliance is coming...how did I now know this.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a search for this and couldn't find anything.

So in another thread talking about Justice League Heroes a few of us were talking thinking it would be cool if they just would slap a coat of Avengers paint on the engine and give use a game based on that squad. Welp, Raven had done one better and are making a game that spans all of the Marvel-U. Silver Surfer, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Thor, Ghostrider, Spidey, Thing, and Wolverine were the characters I saw in action, but the spread said there is to be 20 playable characters.

Some of the scenarios they have cooked up sound awesome as hell. The one that really got me was you are fighting on the Kree homeworld with Galactus walking around in the background destroying the planet. Then he notices you and you just have to survive the chase. Another was an underwater mission to Atlantis. It just all sounds really cool.

It's going to be PS2, X-box, and 360 with the 360 being a big jump in graphics.

I don't think the game is based on the Ultimate-U, but they didn't say. Though I'm more of a DC guy, I'm now way more excited about this game than Justice League Heroes...at least for now.

Here is a little info about it, but the gameinformer mag has a nice big spread on the game. I'll see if I can find some scans.
Old 05-06-06, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's the Ultimate Universe Cap America.I that universe capt america has a star on each shoulder in that universe.
Old 05-06-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, they use an amalgamation of costumes in these games, but the stories haven't been Ultimate or 616 specific. That's all I meant. It's a little harder to tell with the X-men, but the Ultimate Cap is so different from 616 cap, as is Thor (who looks like hte 616 design)...so I guess it's just wait and see.
Old 05-06-06, 09:24 PM

I understand the confusion. Marvel really needs a infinte crisis.
Old 05-06-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Should be pretty good

Created by Raven Software and C.B. Cebulski, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance will be out for all next-gen gaming systems, current-gen, handheld and PC platforms, and is planned to ship this fall.
Raven is the developer behind the Xmen Legends games, and I liked those pretty well and sounds like this will be a deeper RPG experience than those were
Old 05-07-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sniper308
Should be pretty good

Raven is the developer behind the Xmen Legends games, and I liked those pretty well and sounds like this will be a deeper RPG experience than those were
I really enjoy the Legends games and really don't want anything deeper in terms of RPG. Hopefully Raven won't muddle the game up too much with that and will stick with what works best, the action.
Old 05-07-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by boredsilly
Though I'm more of a DC guy, I'm now way more excited about this game than Justice League Heroes...at least for now.

sellout.
Old 05-08-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
sellout.
Sorry Robo but just comparing the screens of the two games at this stage, MUA looks so much better. And I'll admit I've turned into a bit of a Captain America whore in the last year.
Old 05-08-06, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Sorry Robo but just comparing the screens of the two games at this stage, MUA looks so much better. And I'll admit I've turned into a bit of a Captain America whore in the last year.
It's a conspiracy to screw up DC game sales.
Old 05-16-06, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ok, I downloaded the trailer on XBOX Marketplace. I admit it looks good and chances are, based on past experiences, it will be a better game than the JLA. This bothers me because no one seems willing to put 100% into their DC based games. Oh well.
Old 05-16-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I feel your pain Robo. I'm still mad at DC for that terrible 16 bit fighting game. The screen shots I've seen for the JLA game are weird because some look great and some look pretty bad. The flash and Martian Manhunter shots look really good.
Old 05-16-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Hulk, no sale. But, I guess if they added him, it would be a short game.