Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

God of War

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOD of WAR. Anyone else getting excited about this game?

I've been following this game for a little while now and I'm dying to play. The movies that I've seen look great and I'm interested to see what this mature content actually is, that they say is in the game. I read the article on Game Informer and the premise behind the game and how they decided to make it a very mature title is very exciting. If they can pull it off without making this into a game that falls into the BMX XXX category of adult games, it might be the first of its kind. One where the violence and sexual tone actually play into the plot of the story and the character building aspect of the story. If you read the article on GI this is what they say they were trying to achieve. I'm hoping for the best. So far GI is very optimistic and like what they've seen. I think this game comes out in the next couple of weeks.
Old 03-09-05, 09:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Since the original post gave no clue as to what kind of game this was:
In God of War, the dark brutal world of Greek mythology comes to life before your eyes. As you take the role of Kratos, a story unfolds with various plot twists and multiple endings that take the player through explosive, aggressive gameplay fused with traps, stunts and story driven puzzles. Featuring an hour of cinematic sequences and a deep combat system built around unique double chain blade weapons, God of War will take the player through various environments that will have them fighting fierce enemies, swinging on ropes, scaling mountain cliffs, swimming through rivers and sliding down zip lines resulting in a one-of-a-kind action-packed Greek mythology adventure.
Sounds like a Zelda-esque game put in a Greek mythology setting.
Old 03-09-05, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Groucho]Since the original post gave no clue as to what kind of game this was:

Sorry Groucho, But anyone who is interested in this title, Like I was ASKING, would know what type of game this is. Don't try to be an ass next time!! We can't all be perfect like you when posting.

By the way, it's an action adventure type of game set in Greek Mythology. Lots of bloody combat and exploring.
Old 03-09-05, 10:09 AM

Yeah, if anything it looks more like a Devil May Cry kind of experience. Unfortunately, I never got one of the demos they mailed out to PSU members, but the game does look interesting. I'm definitely going to wait and see what the consensus is before picking it up, though. I'm interested in hearing if there's any extras or if it's worth replaying.
Old 03-09-05, 10:13 AM

Sorry, I guess common courtesy is optional in this forum.
Old 03-09-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Dammit Groucho, we can't ALL be perfect like you when posting. Just me.
Old 03-09-05, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
This has nothing to do with common courtesy but if you want to jump down peoples throats, you better go hassle Setzer for his Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door thread and Skiblet for his Brothers in Arms thread. Neither one explained what type of game they were talking about. BETTER GO GET EM GROUCHO. LYNCH MOB!!!!!! These offenders were all on the first page of threads. I'll keep a lookout for more now that we all know this is an unspoken rule around here.
Old 03-09-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whats the expected release date for this?
Old 03-09-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm really excited...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ght=hydra+demo
Old 03-09-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DARTH GAMER
This has nothing to do with common courtesy but if you want to jump down peoples throats, you better go hassle Setzer for his Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door thread and Skiblet for his Brothers in Arms thread. Neither one explained what type of game they were talking about. BETTER GO GET EM GROUCHO. LYNCH MOB!!!!!! These offenders were all on the first page of threads. I'll keep a lookout for more now that we all know this is an unspoken rule around here.
How's that paper-thin skin holding up for you?

If Groucho giving a synopsis of the game is "jumping down your throat," then might I suggest staying well away from any other game forum on the internet? They're all cesspools compared to here.
Old 03-09-05, 11:26 AM

No, no...he's right. I suck at teh internet. My e-peen has shrunk.
Old 03-09-05, 11:41 AM

Do the two of you have some sort of thing for each other. One speaks and the other defends. How sweet.

Anyway,

Can we please get back on track with this thread and stop all the bullshit. Seeing that this game is not a MMORPG Groucho, you probably are not interested anyway. Go post in a WOW thread or something. How about Evercrack, I hear thats a good game.
Old 03-09-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just stop.
Old 03-09-05, 11:48 AM

I'm really not sure why this got out of hand. I saw a thread where a fellow gamer was excited about a game. I clicked the thread to learn more, in case it was a game I might be interested in as well. There was no actual information on the game, so I looked it up myself...and decided to share said information on the off-chance that others visiting this thread might find it useful.

I guess my original reply comes off a bit snarky, so for that I apologize.
Old 03-09-05, 11:52 AM

I also apologize. I guess I have a little Groucho in me as well.
Old 03-09-05, 12:04 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciated Groucho's post. I've heard hype on this game but haven't looked into it much as it just sounds like another Devil May Cry type of violent action game.

From his description it sounds like it may be a little more like Zelda than just a combo (dumbest idea ever) based action game like DMC.
Old 03-09-05, 12:42 PM

I was excited for this game, until I played the demo.
Old 03-09-05, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Not A N00b
I have'nt played a demo yet. Can you explain what you didn't like.
Old 03-09-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. Everyone, please stop. The DARTH GAMER/Groucho conversation is over.

Back on topic:

What an awful press release. Or, what an awful state for the gaming industry. About 95% of the games on the market could basically fit that description.

I think the marketing departments for videogames should be scrapped. These press releases could be generated with a simple Mad-Libs-like engine:
In [TITLE], the dark brutal world of [GENRE] comes to life before your eyes. As you take the role of [MAIN CHARACTER] a story unfolds with various plot twists and multiple endings that take the player through explosive, aggressive gameplay fused with traps, stunts and story driven puzzles. Featuring an hour of cinematic sequences and a deep combat system built around [GIMMICK #1] will take the player through various environments that will have them [GIMMICK #2], [GIMMICK #3], and [GIMMICK #4] resulting in a one-of-a-kind action-packed [GENRE] adventure.
- David Stein
Old 03-09-05, 01:32 PM

I'm excited about this being out. Too bad, I'm going to have to wait until a good deal comes out before picking this up. I played the demo a few times and it was fun. It's pretty close to Prince Of Persia with a dash of Devil May Cry.
Old 03-09-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Not A N00b
WOW, you didn't like the demo? Do you have a pulse? Did you like DOA:XBV?

Sorry but I can't really see anyone who played the demo not liking at least some aspect of the game from the graphics, to animation, to control to something. Story might be cheesy and camera angles a little touchy but otherwise this game delivers what the "next-genration" promised IMO.
Old 03-09-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
DAMNIT!! At least I had links and pictures in my thread!!!

Ok back to topic....I played the free demo I got in the mail and enjoyed it. Probably will pick it up once its released later this month. We'll see how much money I have left after the PSP.

Last edited by Setzer; 03-09-05 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-09-05, 02:32 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Franchise
WOW, you didn't like the demo? Do you have a pulse? Did you like DOA:XBV?

Sorry but I can't really see anyone who played the demo not liking at least some aspect of the game from the graphics, to animation, to control to something. Story might be cheesy and camera angles a little touchy but otherwise this game delivers what the "next-genration" promised IMO.
No game is going to appeal to everyone. I'm skeptical as it sounds a little to much like DMC and other action beatem up games that I hate.

But I'm going to check it out due to the zelda-like comment. Maybe there's enough in the game beyond combat to hold my interest.
Old 03-09-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by actyper
Whats the expected release date for this?
It comes out on the 22nd of this month.
Old 03-09-05, 04:05 PM

I wouldn't go comparing it to Zelda. It's very much like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

I played the demo and it was fun, but very straightforward linear game-type. A puzzle every now and then and lots of button mashing goodness.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.