Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reservoir Dogs to be unveiled at E3...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reservoir Dogs to be unveiled at E3...

***Tarantino’s Cult Classic Movie, Reservoir Dogs To Make Its Gaming Debut at E3***

San Francisco, CA – (May 4, 2006) – Eidos, one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, part of SCi Entertainment Group Plc (SEG), today announced that it plans to publish Reservoir Dogs™ on the Xbox™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC for release in fall 2006. The game will be unveiled at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), held May 10-12 in Los Angeles, California.

With multiple DVD releases through Lionsgate, as well as assorted merchandise such as apparel, action figures, posters and novelty items, the film’s cult status has only increased in the years since its theatrical premiere, leading to the next evolution with the video game debut.

Reservoir Dogs is based on the 1992 Quentin Tarantino-directed classic movie about five total strangers who are brought together to carry out a diamond heist. The robbery goes wrong when the alarm is tripped and the cops show up. In the ensuing confusion, four of the robbers make it back to their warehouse rendezvous but it is quickly apparent that one of them is an undercover police officer – but which one?

Staying true to the original plot, this intense, third person shooter follows the progress and planning of the famed diamond heist while filling in some of the cliffhanger questions from the film: What happened to Mr. Blue and Mr. Brown? Where did Mr. Pink hide the diamonds? What actually happened at the heist? These questions and more will be answered as the game unfolds and according to the player’s tactics.

“Almost 15 years after the original debut of Reservoir Dogs, we are proud to reflect one of the most esteemed and duplicated directorial film debuts of all time in a gaming format, said Kevin Gill, US Marketing Manager. “Gaming and movie fans alike will have the unprecedented opportunity to play through the events of the movie as well as experiencing parts of the movie that happened off screen but are tangential to the main plot.”

Players get to fill the shoes of each iconic character in the film as they relive the Reservoir Dogs experience complete with the movie’s trademark style and wit. The game will also feature the full and original soundtrack from the movie – the super sounds of the seventies brought alive with the thematic “Little Green Bag”, the unforgettable “Stuck in the Middle with You “and more.
Old 05-04-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fight Club, The Warriors, Godfather, Scarface, Sopranos, and now Reservoir Dogs. . .

Man, I'm getting sick of this shit.
Old 05-04-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus tap-dancing CHRIST.
Old 05-04-06, 12:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I played an earlier version of this. I got stuck on the "Talk about Like a Virgin" level.
Old 05-04-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Sure sign that the "Video Game Announcements" sub-forum is not needed: The Video Game Talk mod doesn't even use it
Old 05-04-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Sure sign that the "Video Game Announcements" sub-forum is not needed: The Video Game Talk mod doesn't even use it
Please keep on topic.
Old 05-04-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
There's a Video Game Announcement forum? -hscratch-
Old 05-04-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
There's a Video Game Announcement forum? -hscratch-
Please keep on topic.

Yes, there is...but it's dying and is going to be eliminated soon.
Old 05-04-06, 01:02 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You delete that forum in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize!
Old 05-04-06, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who said originality is dead?

What's next, a game based on Peewee's Big Adventure?
Old 05-04-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goN:
Old 05-04-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Staying true to the original plot, this intense, third person shooter..
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Old 05-04-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
one of them is an undercover police officer – but which one?
Indeed. I can't wait to play to find this out!

Originally Posted by Groucho
I played an earlier version of this. I got stuck on the "Talk about Like a Virgin" level.
I'm more worried about the "Leave a Tip" level. Will it be required to put in even if I play as Mr. Pink?
Old 05-04-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm only playing if I get to be Mr. Black.
Old 05-04-06, 07:12 PM

This game has been in development forever. It seems to me I remember seeing early screen shots of it quite a while ago. Someone mentioned a Sopranos game. I didn't know one exsisted. When did this happen?
Old 05-04-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope the player character spends the whole game gut-shot and bleeding out on the floor.
Old 05-04-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
I'm only playing if I get to be Mr. Black.
Why do you get the cool name
Old 05-04-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Link_182
This game has been in development forever. It seems to me I remember seeing early screen shots of it quite a while ago. Someone mentioned a Sopranos game. I didn't know one exsisted. When did this happen?
We got the announcement just today.
Old 05-05-06, 02:43 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

The fact that it's being published by Eidos scares me. I've never been a big fan of Eidos, or their games. I've actually only liked a couple of them that I've played...
Old 05-05-06, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wick
The fact that it's being published by Eidos scares me. I've never been a big fan of Eidos, or their games. I've actually only liked a couple of them that I've played...
What does the publisher matter? The developers are the ones that actually make the game. Sure, a publisher can rush the developers to make it out by a certain deadline, so you get an incomplete buggy game. (That happened with Knights of the Old Republic 2). Other than that, the quality of a game is determined by the developer's talents, not by who the publisher is.

Eidos has published quite a few good games: The Thief series, the Hitman series, Deus Ex, and Lego Star Wars. I think Eidos just got a bad reputation because they like to whore out Lara Croft and Tomb Raider.
Old 05-05-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I think the fact that somebody thought it'd be a good idea to make an "intense, EXTREME action game" out of a movie that was mostly dialogue-driven should worry you more than any developer or publisher behind the project. I surmise we'll see a Donnie Darko first person shooter and a Clerks GTA-clone at some point.
Old 05-05-06, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Jesus tap-dancing CHRIST.
That's it! We need a song and dance rhythm version of the Passion! Perfect!
Old 05-05-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Citizen Kane: The Game!

In this fast-paced, extreme third-person shooter, you are reporter Jerry Thompson, travelling through time and newspaper magnate Charles Foster Kane's memories, to locate the mysterious artifact simply known as "Rosebud." Can you find Rosebud and use it to bring back Kane from the dead, before it's too late?

You haven't experienced Citizen Kane until you've played Citizen Kane: The Game!

Rated M for Mature.
Old 05-05-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MWB
Fight Club, The Warriors, Godfather, Scarface, Sopranos, and now Reservoir Dogs. . .

Man, I'm getting sick of this shit.
At least THE WARRIORS was a GOOD game. I'm hesitant about RD and the Sopranos though. Scarface seems to have SOME promise.
Old 05-05-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
That's it! We need a song and dance rhythm version of the Passion! Perfect!
I am truly surprised there wasn't at least a GBA cash-in on that one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.