the Sopranos -- "Johnny Cakes" -- 04.30.2006

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-06, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Johnny Cakes"

Tony is tempted by a real-estate offer; Vito is wowed by an act of heroism; AJ looks to "diversify."
Old 04-30-06, 07:45 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

R-a-p-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-06, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OKAY....Did anybody else just notice that AJ's hair grew in just one scene??

That was some pretty bad editing...lol
Old 04-30-06, 08:15 PM

I also can't figure out why they threw that scene in anyways....

Good episode so far
Old 04-30-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I told you all, but you wouldn't listen to me, AJ just doesn't have the street smarts or toughness. I'm right as always.
Old 04-30-06, 09:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
which scene?
btw....that motorcycle scene was some of the gayest stuff ive seen since brokeback mountain
Old 04-30-06, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jadow
R-a-p-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So much for that rumor. Would have made for some great TV. Maybe it's still forthcoming.
Old 04-30-06, 09:03 PM

I really enjoyed this episode....and it was nice to get back to Vito.

I was very glad tony didn't do anything due to his loyaloty to Carm...faithful...for now anyways.

I was glad AJ dropped the knife, cuz how would that have REALLY ended...with a long court case or something. Maybe not...but I didn't care to venture...

Those two money collecting guys were funny, and it really does suck when you realize that Corporate America is taking over....I mean I'm only 20 and I've known very few Ma & Pa stores in my whole lifetime; it's been mainly chain places, which is particularly sad.
Old 04-30-06, 09:11 PM

Jamba Juice is moving in here!!

Jews??

hahahaaha
Old 04-30-06, 09:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by COACH2369
OKAY....Did anybody else just notice that AJ's hair grew in just one scene??

That was some pretty bad editing...lol
absolutely noticed. that was so stupid.

i don't understand why each ep so far seems to focus on just one secondary character. first the one that committed suicide and now Vito. even though i think the writing for these characters and the plots are well done, i would like more focus on the family. i don't understand why the last season for all time is going this way. we need more family...the family!!!
Old 04-30-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by SBrooks1
So much for that rumor. Would have made for some great TV. Maybe it's still forthcoming.
I could still see it happening. Tony and Chris have both indicated they'd be ok with Vito coming back to earn. If this was to happen, and he was then to find out that Meadow's boyfriend ratted on him, I could see things getting ugly.
Old 04-30-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When Vito belted Johnny Cakes, I thought he was preparing himself for a return to Jersey. Or that he was going to get beaten to death. That picnic was very romantic, but is everyone in New Hampshire gay?

Tense scene with A.J. visiting Junior in the ward, but I thought it odd that there wouldn't be more security, like a frisking or metal detectors. A.J. was so tough, a female nurse brought his punk ass down.

I really was rooting for Tony not to bang Carol Hathaway. Maybe he is being redeemed after all. Well, not redeemed enough to not sell out the chicken place and take away the flavor of the area.

Next week
Spoiler:
Looks like a return to the crime side of the show.
Old 04-30-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Vito and Spurlock got a little Brokeback.
Old 04-30-06, 11:21 PM

In which scene was AJ's hair supposedly longer than the others?
Old 04-30-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
I think it was the scene with Tony and AJ on the boat fishing.
Old 05-01-06, 01:57 AM

TV writing has become a joke. And it's not just the Sopranos, its just about every show. Here's why.
Every woman on television, bar none, will drop her dress in a second for the 'bad boy'. Whether she's a waitress, a lawyer, a cop, or in this case, a real estate agent. From the second Jullianna walked up to Tony I knew that she'd be having sex with him before the end of the episode. 'Hi, I'm a business woman, you must Tony Soprano, the mobster, lets have sex'. It's not like Tony had some super smooth sweet talk. He says 'I find you attractive' and she's all 'Youre very persuasive'. WTF? Maybe, just maybe, every woman in the world doesnt get weak in the knees when a murderer winks at her.

And the gay stuff with Vito was cliched, too. The flirting, then the fight, then the sex by the picnic basket. It was like a gay version of a Melanie Griffith romantic comedy.

D
Old 05-01-06, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Derrich
TV writing has become a joke. And it's not just the Sopranos, its just about every show. Here's why.
Oh yes....is SOOOO terrible.

My god, kill the hyperbole. We are pretty fucking spoiled, few other shows in ANY television era approach some of the best shows that we get each week now. I find it interesting that a few disliked plot points in any one given episode can spell the death of all television writing. Give me a break.
Old 05-01-06, 03:44 AM

When every woman on every show reacts the same way, then I feel the death kneel for TV writing is clear.

This isn't some rant because i'm bored with the vito plot or disenchanted with the AJ storyline. This is a clear cut case of a show being run via a series of standard cliches that are evident in everything from Will and Grace to Rescue Me. Yes the Sopranos is a good show. But that doesnt mean that it hasnt fallen into the same traps as all the others. Are you saying you didn't know what was going to happen between Tony and the Jamba Juice girl the second she came onscreen? Or between Vito and the Firefighter? The subtitles might as well blinked 'tired cliche' over and over.

D
Old 05-01-06, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you saying you didn't know what was going to happen between Tony and the Jamba Juice girl the second she came onscreen?
Sure, he would get put into a precarious sexual position with her. It's happened a bunch of times, what makes this one any different? You would have preferred the writers putting him into a situation to show his new loyalty to Carmela how?
Old 05-01-06, 03:48 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Every woman on television, bar none, will drop her dress in a second for the 'bad boy'. Whether she's a waitress, a lawyer, a cop, or in this case, a real estate agent.
D
not EVERY woman...he's been trying to bang Melfi for years
Old 05-01-06, 05:48 AM

The first scene with AJ he is talking to his parents about selling his drumset to that band. Then they go to a scene with AJ and Tony on Tony's boat and they both have a conversation based on burping. His hair is MUCH longer in that scene. The next scene that AJ is in is at Blockbuster working...
Old 05-01-06, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Every woman on television, bar none, will drop her dress in a second for the 'bad boy'. Whether she's a waitress, a lawyer, a cop, or in this case, a real estate agent. From the second Jullianna walked up to Tony I knew that she'd be having sex with him before the end of the episode. 'Hi, I'm a business woman, you must Tony Soprano, the mobster, lets have sex'. It's not like Tony had some super smooth sweet talk. He says 'I find you attractive' and she's all 'Youre very persuasive'. WTF? Maybe, just maybe, every woman in the world doesnt get weak in the knees when a murderer winks at her.
I sort of agree with you.

You ever watch Nip/Tuck?

Dr. Christian Troy sees more ass than a toilet seat. I think he's nailed every female patient they've ever had. I think he's fucked every woman who had a speaking part on the series with the exception of the transsexuals and the lesbian anesthesiologist.

At least Christian is kind of good-looking. Tony's a big fat, hairy slob. I realize he has a lot of money and power, but... there's just no way that Julianna would fuck him. (And, Jesus God, for a few second there, I thought Julianna Marguiles was actually going to let her tits out.)
Old 05-01-06, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When every woman on every show reacts the same way, then I feel the death kneel for TV writing is clear.

This isn't some rant because i'm bored with the vito plot or disenchanted with the AJ storyline. This is a clear cut case of a show being run via a series of standard cliches that are evident in everything from Will and Grace to Rescue Me. Yes the Sopranos is a good show. But that doesnt mean that it hasnt fallen into the same traps as all the others. Are you saying you didn't know what was going to happen between Tony and the Jamba Juice girl the second she came onscreen? Or between Vito and the Firefighter? The subtitles might as well blinked 'tired cliche' over and over.

D

Women are attracted to power. Especially men with power. news at 11.
Old 05-01-06, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every woman on television, bar none, will drop her dress in a second for the 'bad boy'.
It's always been like this in Hollywood. Ever seen a Bogart film?
Old 05-01-06, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well in all honesty, its really not that hard to bang a real estate agent... This episode was only so-so for me. And if I had to hear "Johnny Cakes" one more time, I was going to scream.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.