Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Prices: May 7 - May 13, 2006

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 04-29-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI DVDTalkers!

Got the Target circular for 5/7/06 - 5/13/06 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:
  • All DVD prices listed are advertised as Available Tuesday 5/9/06
  • Suspected Low Price is listed in parenthesees
  • Lots of Hi-Tech / Low-tech Mother’s Days gifts in this ad
  • $5 Concession Cash Deal With Purchase of Over The Hedge Video Game

As always, ask any questions and I'll reply as soon as I can.

A moment of your time before we begin please. I just want to state for the record that last week’s e-mail attacks via my home e-mail address was totally unwarranted and uncalled for. I am truly sorry that some of you have chosen to attack ME in this manner when some DVD deal or price-matching scheme goes awry or is rejected for one reason or another. Please keep in mind that I report what I see, collate available data and try to list what are actual deals that will save you money; as well point out other lesser deals that might appeal to only a few. As such, I have ZERO control over what a BB, CC or Target manager will allow in terms of a DVDTalker getting a good / great deal. How could I?

That being said, I am grateful for the few souls who chose to comment on the situation both in the Bargains thread as well as those who sent word of encouragement to me via e-mail. I could disallow e-mails from DVDTalk but I feel that by making myself available in this manner that I might help someone who might be to afraid to post in the Forum or wants to ask me specifics of an item that might be listed in one of my threads. I have made the acquaintance of quite a few people by them reaching out to me privately and I am glad that I was able to help. I still encourage you to reach out to me in this manner if you so desire.

That in a nutshell is how I see my weekly threads to you, my DVDTalk bretheren: My attempt to help YOU save some hard earned money. In this day of rising gas prices, illegal immigrants demanding rights that only real citizens possess, and rampant crimes against each other; aren’t there MORE IMPORTANT things to debate / attack rather than me? I believe that there are.

Please be aware that I enjoy reporting to you all on a weekly basis BUT I cannot allow another instance of what happened last week. Should it re-occur, I will forward all e-mails / addresses to the moderators who watch this forum. Thereafter, I will then remove myself to another website and see if other folks can maintain a civil head and appreciate what one of their own is doing for THEIR benefit.

Thank you all for allowing me to comment publicly on what was a hurtful situation to me. {Stepping off soapbox now}

Your friend / reporter,

Speedy1961

**** DVDs / DVD sets ********

Big Momma’s House 2 >>>> Low Price ($16.99)
Rumor Has It >>>> $16.99
Munich >>>> Low Price ($16.99)
Nanny McPhee >>>> Low Price ($16.99)
The New World >>>> $19.99
The Poseidon Adventure: Special Edition >>>> $13.78
30 Minute Meals With Rachel Ray >>>> $16.99
Everyday Italian With Gaida De Laurentiis >>>>> $16.99
Paula’s Home Cooking With Paula Deen >>>> $16.99
The Barbie Diaries >>>> $12.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

$7.50 EACH:

Matilda: Special Edition
Something’s Gotta Give
Five People You Meet In Heaven
Forrest Gump
The Last Samurai >>>> (Looks Like 2 DVD Version)
Hellboy: 2 DVD Special Edition

DVD Sets:

Scrubs: Season 3 (Yea!) >>>> $29.99
The Golden Girls: Season 5 >>>> $29.99

The Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 >>>> $29.99 ****
The West Wing: Season 6 >>>> $39.99 ****
Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 6 >>>> $34.99 ****
That 70’s Show: Season 4 >>>> $34.99 ****
Rescue Me: Season 2 >>>> $37.99 ****

****Free $5 Target Gift Card with purchase of any of the 5 DVD TV seasons listed above

**** CDs ********

$9.98 EACH:

The Isley Brothers: Baby Making Music
Jagged Edge: Jagged Edge w/exclusive song
Nick Lachey: What’s Left Of Me w/exclusive song
Mary J. Blige: The Breakthrough
Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is
Chamillionaire: The Sound Of Revenge

$11.98 EACH:

Paul Simon: Surprise
James Blunt: Back to Bedlam exclusive 2 CD set w/5 new songs
Sheryl Crow: Wildflower
Tim McGraw: Greatest Hits Volume II w/4 new songs
Rascal Flatts: Me And My Gang
Three 6 Mafia: Most Known Unknown
Snow Patrol: Eyes Open – Limited Edition w/Exclusive CD / DVD
Snow Patrol: Eyes Open – Regular Edition >>>> $9.98

$12.98 EACH:

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium (2 CDs)

$13.98 EACH:

Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry On Broadway – Act 1 (2 CDs)

Video Games:

$16.99 EACH :

PS2 Greatest Hits: JAK II
Ed, Edd & Eddy: The Misadventures >>>> PS2 / Gamecube
Sonic + Mega Collection >>>> PS2 / Gamecube
Need for Speed: Underground 2 >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube

$39.99 EACH - PSP GAMES:

Daxter
MLB: The Show
Splinter Cell: Essentials
Fight Night: Round 3
Midnight Club 3

EXCLUSIVELY AT TARGET

EXCLUSIVE $5 Concession Cash included with all Over The Hedge games listed // Quantities Limited // No Rainchecks // All Available 5/9/06 at 8 AM!
  • Gameboy Advance >>>> Over The Hedge >>>> $29.99
  • Nintendo DS >>>> Over The Hedge >>>> $29.99
  • PS2 >>>> Over The Hedge >>>> $39.99
  • XBOX >>>> Over The Hedge >>>> $39.99
  • Gamecube >>>> Over The Hedge >>>> $39.99

PC Games:

Guild Wars: Factions >>>> $49.99
Auto Assault >>>> $39.99
World Of Warcraft >>>> $29.99
DreamFall: The Longest Journey >>>> $34.99
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff >>>> $14.99

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends >>>> $42.88 **** (Available 5/11/06)

****Amazon.com has the release date for this title as 5/23/06

Price Comparison Link 5/7/06 - 5/13/06

Circuit City:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....77#post6964077

Best Buy:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=463984

That's All Folks!

Have a Good Week!

Last edited by speedy1961; 05-01-06 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-29-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First off, I can't believe people actually spent the time to send you email complaining that one price was wrong (Match Point). I went to Circuit City the other day and bought Match Point, expecting it to be $14.99, but I didn't care that it was $17.99. It's only $3. If people get that bent out of shape about $3, then they need to seek some help.

I, like most, appreciate the early pricing. It definitely allows us to plan our purchases.

And to those who chose to be childish about the pricing error, Speedy doesn't have to post anything.

If there's an error in posting and a price is higher than what you expect when you arrive at the store, then don't buy the damn dvd. Here's another idea, if you want to be 100% sure, you can always go to the store's website on Sunday and view the ad and quadriple check Speedy's accuracy.

Thanks for posting early again.

Now, I wasn't expecting Target to advertise the 2-disc of Munich. I have a feeling it'll be $22.99 everywhere. I can't wait to get the Chili Peppers 2-disc set. I hope someone beats $12.99, but that's still a great price.
Old 04-29-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
That's ridiculous for the criticism, not only because it's unwarranted, but the ad was misleading. Thanks as always for taking the time to post these and help me plan my purchases.
Old 04-29-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
Thanks for the posting of the prices. I'm always appreciative of the work you do.
Old 04-29-06, 09:12 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I have no idea what's going on but please allow me to add my voice to the ones expressing sincere and heartfelt gratitude at what you offer every week; you've been an ongoing lifesaver and I'd hate to see the actions of a few e-mail terrorists mess up a great thing for the rest of us.

Oh, and after looking at this thread as well as the one offering prices for Circuit City, I'm now getting very scared that the rumors of the 2-disc Collector's Edition of MUNICH beig cancelled are true...
Old 04-29-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, Speedy, you are the man. We love you. Don't let a few a-holes get you down!
Old 04-29-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Wow, I have no idea what's going on but please allow me to add my voice to the ones expressing sincere and heartfelt gratitude at what you offer every week; you've been an ongoing lifesaver and I'd hate to see the actions of a few e-mail terrorists mess up a great thing for the rest of us.

Oh, and after looking at this thread as well as the one offering prices for Circuit City, I'm now getting very scared that the rumors of the 2-disc Collector's Edition of MUNICH beig cancelled are true...
Hang on and be strong lad...... remember the recent 2 DVD Jarhead fiasco before it came out. Let's keep our and hope that the info about it's demise is untrue.

Thanks btw for the kind words.
Old 04-29-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedy...a simple thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this for us....
Old 04-29-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yea speedy your the best in my book. You save me tons with these early prices!
Old 04-29-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. Just wow. I had no idea that such things occurred, and I am very sorry to hear that you were the victim of it all. That's... ridiculous. Thanks for all your hard work, and I know that the majority of us really appreciate all that you do. We all make silly mistakes from time and time, and it's really nothing to get bent out of shape about. But someone obviously did, and I'm sorry for that. Keep on keeping on. Thanks again.
Old 04-29-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

tkx jbm
Old 04-29-06, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I definitely appreciate the prices and I hope we don't end up with a situation where you get pissed at the forum over a few people that can't deal with something that is a slight inconvience to their precious lives. I use your listings to plan ahead, but I always double check the ads when they do come out just to be sure since sometimes the listings are laid out in an oddball manor. If there is a mistake I certainly will catch it before going to the store and I won't blame someone that has taken a ton of time and effort to type in all those listings every week. Sorry people sent you emails over one minor confusing listing.
Old 04-29-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scrubs and Rescue Me are the dvds I'm gettin that week. Looks like CC already beat Target's price for Scrubs. Now it's up to Best Buy to beat Target on Rescue Me.
Old 04-29-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Scrubs and Rescue Me are the dvds I'm gettin that week. Looks like CC already beat Target's price for Scrubs. Now it's up to Best Buy to beat Target on Rescue Me.
There is about a 30% chance that BB will improve on both these titles.................
Old 04-29-06, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Dude, I can't believe you got e-mail bombed for something so petty! I look forward to your posts each week and totally appreciate the time and effort you put forth for us. You save me a lot of time (and money) during my weekly DVD excursions.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that kind of shit.

You rock, Speedy!
Old 04-30-06, 12:38 AM

Thanks for all you do-though I may not reply every week, I definitely look to your posts to get the best prices-thanks speedy!

And Scrubs S3 and a new RHCP album on my birthday makes my week.
Old 04-30-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
There is about a 30% chance that BB will improve on both these titles.................
I would love for you to be right about that.
Old 04-30-06, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speedy, dude, afer reading your post, i feel for you man... i have been reading your posts for a long times, actually like many of us here, something to expect every few days on this forum. So, dude, your hard work is appreciated by many and ignore those ID10Ts.

Personally, i can't believe people did that... It makes you feel like you don't want to help others at all, b/c that's what you gonna get. It's a sad sad thing, *sigh*
Old 04-30-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sure as hell appreciate these, even though I never comment and hell, rarely buy new releases, and it's crap if people are doing that....don't let them stop you, you must stop THEM!
Old 04-30-06, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Count me among the people who didn't know what happened last week.

Keep posting those ads, Speedy. Don't let a few morons get you down.

And as always, thanks.

= J
Old 04-30-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Speedy,

Sorry to hear about the immature response some of the fellow forum-goers gave you. I certianly appreciate your hard work and early prices, and hope you continue to post here.

As for those of you that emailed him: Get lost.
Old 04-30-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As always, thanks Speedy!
Old 04-30-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the early prices!
Old 04-30-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
I don't always post but I always check out your threads. You're in an envious position to be able to help out a large group of DVDTalk members (and a good number of lurkers). Hang in there and...

Don't let the bastards get you down.
Old 04-30-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like TomOpus said, I'm a lurker in your early pricing threads and find it unacceptable that others would personally email you over a discrepancy. Many like myself would agree that those who did email you should probably look up the word "grateful" in a dictionary (presuming they know what a dictionary is) and figure out how it applies to their treatment towards you. It does take effort to post these early prices on a weekly basis. I for one am grateful for your weekly efforts. Thank You!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.