Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

K-Mart (BIG!) $5.00 DVDs (Psycho, Scent of a Woman, etc.)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
K-Mart has several DVDs on sale this week for $5.00 each.
I picked up 'Scent of a Woman.' There were others.
Old 04-28-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Hey guys,
K-Mart has several DVDs on sale this week for $5.00 each.
I picked up 'Scent of a Woman.' There were others.
Thanks for the info Rusty. Any chance you could list what you can remember???
Old 04-28-06, 09:02 AM
Cool New Member

I picked up The Mexican, and Undercover brother. Saw a few others besides these and the ones listed above.
Old 04-28-06, 11:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Any chance stores actually have the items? The last time I bit on a K-Mart sale, the store near me had not a single DVD in the ad, and the clerk was surly and defensive when I asked about them.
Old 04-28-06, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveA
Any chance stores actually have the items? The last time I bit on a K-Mart sale, the store near me had not a single DVD in the ad, and the clerk was surly and defensive when I asked about them.
I don't even bother going to K-Mart anymore looking for DVDs on sale. They have never had even one of the advertised DVDs.
Old 04-28-06, 11:46 AM

Screw K-Mart. I'm tired of going there for advertised specials, only to find little white sale cards with no product. The merchandising of their DVDs is orchestrated by illiterate illegitimate immigrants. Completely non-sensical and disorganized. The one closest to my home even keeps their BUDGET DVDs behind glass. I'd rather be buried in the damn Wal-Mart dump bin and left for dead.
Old 04-28-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by conehead433
I don't even bother going to K-Mart anymore looking for DVDs on sale. They have never had even one of the advertised DVDs.
Same here. I would see some great titles in a thread here, stop by my local Big-K store (which is plenty big enough and one of the newer stores) to see what was on hand, and they would have absolute crap at whatever the sale prices were. I'll take the $5.50 bin at Wallyworld over that any day; at least they seem to get the same titles in their bins nationally rather than keep the good stuff exclusive to certain areas.
Old 04-28-06, 11:54 AM
Cool New Member

This actually was the first time that I found a good deal at KMart, I am usually in the same boat as the rest of you. I found those out of coincidence, because I did not go looking for them.
Old 04-28-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
My experiences with K-Mart have been greatly varied. I've had some postive (remember the $6 Rain Check fiasco where they were substituting ANY DVD?) to very negative (refusing to replace a defective DVD because I had opened it). But honestly, their ads in the last few years have been on the cusp of false advertisement.
Old 04-28-06, 11:15 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate going to Kmart to buy DVDs because for one reason their prices suck and they are disorganized, for another they stick their freakin security device on those collectible slipcases.
Old 04-29-06, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just take the Kmart ad to Circuit City and price match. Once I had a clerk ask me if Kmart had the advertised movies in stock, and I just said that I didn't know because I don't like to shop at Kmart because the store is filthy (and it is... I think my local Wal-Mart is cleaner, and that place is a disgusting hole). They rang me up with no problem.