Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Help! Just bought DVD Recorder and want to record from my satellite.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Just bought DVD Recorder and want to record satellite tv.

Thanks for your interested in helping
I recently bought a JVC DVD/VHS recorder ( JVC DR-MV1S) and I’d like to record tv programs from DirecTV onto dvd. My problem is I only have one audio/video input (red, white and yellow) on my TV which of course hooks up to my satellite receiver. I tired hooking up my dvd/vhs recorder into my sat. reciever but since it's half dvd I have to put it on tv/video and then i can only play dvd’s, not record. Would a a/v selector be a good option for me? I’ve seen that they have numbers that you push to operate the different components, does that mean you can only operate one component at a time? It would be ideal… if I could get all (tv, satellite receiver and dvd recorder )to function all at the same time. is there any product out there that can do that? Thanks again for you help.

Last edited by jtoaks; 04-27-06 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-27-06, 09:22 PM

You need to buy a distribution amplifier such as this one:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
Old 04-27-06, 09:39 PM

Thanks for your interested in helping
I recently bought a JVC DVD/VHS recorder ( JVC DR-MV1S) and I’d like to record tv programs from DirecTV onto dvd. My problem is I only have one audio/video input (red, white and yellow) on my Tv which of course hooks up to my satellite receiver or else I can’t watch sat tv. I tired hooking up my dvd/vhs recorder onto my sat. reciever but since it's half dvd I have to put it on tv/video, and then i can only play dvd’s, Not record. Would a a/v selector be a good option for me? I’ve seen that they have numbers that you push to operate the different components; Does that mean you can only operate one component at a time? It would be ideal… if I could get all (tv, satellite receiver and dvd recorder )to function at the same time. Are there any products out there that can do that? Thanks again for you help.
Old 04-27-06, 09:44 PM

thanks!
Old 04-27-06, 10:06 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Please post the same thread in only one forum. If it was moved it was because you posted it in the wrong forum.