Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

All the King's Men (starring Sean Penn, Jude Law): 9/22/06

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new trailer has just been released for this movie. I think it was originally scheduled for release this past fall, now it's set for September 2006.
Here's the trailer:
http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/id/2427524
Please post another location if you can. This one's pretty small.
I noticed the music at the beginning of the preview is the same as in Cinderella Man's trailer.

EDIT: I'm not so sure about where the music came from now, but it's familiar at least.

Last edited by GrimTangent; 04-25-06 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. Another film for Penn to get nominated for.

I like Steven Zaillian's work, in fact I watched Searching for Bobby Fischer the other day and still consider it to be an excellent, excellent movie.
Old 04-25-06, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, I don't think the music from the beginning of the trailer is from the Cinderella Man trailer (that movie featured trailer music from Cast Away and Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, amongst others). The music during the first half of the trailer for All the King's Men is from Thomas Newman's score for The Shawshank Redemption (which was most recently used in the Brokeback Mountain trailer, amongst numerous others like Seabiscuit and The Green Mile).

As for the movie, I think it looks pretty good and it has a great cast. I was disappointed when this film was delayed from last December, so I'm looking forward to seeing it this September.

Last edited by dcprules; 04-25-06 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
I hope the long delay enabled them to fix whatever problems existed. It must have really needed work to be edited for close to a year.
Old 04-25-06, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by dcprules
Actually, I don't think the music from the beginning of the trailer is from the Cinderella Man trailer (that movie featured trailer music from Cast Away and Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, amongst others). The music during the first half of the trailer for All the King's Men is from Thomas Newman's score for The Shawshank Redemption (which was most recently used in the Brokeback Mountain trailer, amongst numerous others like Seabiscuit and The Green Mile).
Ah, the Brokeback Mountain trailer is where I heard it recently. It sounded real inspirational so I immediately associated it with Cinderella Man.
Old 04-26-06, 03:57 AM
Banned

Damnit! They took the name of my script about the "fictional" story of a professional hockey team in LA and their dumbass owner who's running them to the ground.
Old 04-26-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts
Damnit! They took the name of my script about the "fictional" story of a professional hockey team in LA and their dumbass owner who's running them to the ground.
Yeah, and they did it 57 years ago too!