Scrubs - 04/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Scrubs - 04/25/06

"My Lunch" Episode #520.
Spoiler:
J.D. resolves to have lunch with Dr. Cox; an annoying former patient (Nicole Sullivan) teaches J.D. about responsibility.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn.
Producer(s): Bill Lawrence.

Original Airdate: April 25, 2006.

Scrubs

The ep featuring Cheryl Hines is airing once again before this one.
Old 04-25-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been catching up on Scrubs on DVD and am just about done with disc 1 of Season 2. The last episode I watched was the first one with Tom Cavanagh and the show went up several notches in my book with that one.

How easy is it going to be to jump into new episodes? I know Turk and Carla's current situation, but without spoilers*, is there much else that'll be too "shocking"?

*I'll try to avoid them by only checking this thread until this episode airs.
Old 04-25-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I've been catching up on Scrubs on DVD and am just about done with disc 1 of Season 2. The last episode I watched was the first one with Tom Cavanagh and the show went up several notches in my book with that one.

How easy is it going to be to jump into new episodes? I know Turk and Carla's current situation, but without spoilers*, is there much else that'll be too "shocking"?

*I'll try to avoid them by only checking this thread until this episode airs.
Before this season, I'd only seen the show on DVD. So I haven't seen seasons 3 and 4. But I've had no problem jumping right in. There's a couple of things that could spoil the later parts of season 2 for you if you've never seen it (and not just Turk/Carla storylines), but that's only if they're a part of tonight's episode (obviously).
Old 04-25-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"I'm The Todd"
Old 04-25-06, 08:27 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
"You were impressive in the shower, you know, dong wise"

Pretty good episode
Old 04-25-06, 09:10 PM

The balance of humor and drama continues to impress. Seriously, I don't know how this show does it? It manages to go from gut bustingly funny to heart-wrenchingly poignant over the course of 30 minutes and still feel absolutely genuine.
Old 04-25-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

another excellent episode, Todd was great in this episode as was the janitor and Turk.
Old 04-25-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

another excellent episode, Todd was great in this episode as was the janitor and Turk.
Old 04-25-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. If John C. McGinley doesn't get an Emmy nomination, much less a win, for this performance, the Academy has no heart. Might just be the best performance I've seen him give on this show and that's saying something.

Jill with rabies and Todd playing the girls totally caught me off guard.

I would have thought that cocaine use would have made the heart unusable for the one transplant waitee.

Where was Laverne? I missed her Jesus sass.

I tried seeing if Sarah is pregnant or not. The purple shirt she was wearing wasn't helping any.
Old 04-25-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What was with Dr. Cox's shot at Hugh Jackman?

So, The Todd is bi? I was scared there for a moment that they were turning him into a gay character.

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I tried seeing if Sarah is pregnant or not. The purple shirt she was wearing wasn't helping any.
Is she really? There was one shot where I was like, "is she pregnant?"
Old 04-25-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
What was with Dr. Cox's shot at Hugh Jackman?
I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together...let me see...eh...em.. low-carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products, high-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, The O.C., the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans; the Latin Grammy's, the real Grammy's, Jeff that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, the Red States, the Blue States, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, and everything, everything, everything, everything everything, everything, everything, everything that exists, past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh, and Hugh Jackman.
Old 04-25-06, 09:58 PM

Is she really? There was one shot where I was like, "is she pregnant?"
I said the same thing during the one shot where the whole gang was standing next to each other and Sarah was wearing that purple shirt. Looked like she was covering something up.
Old 04-25-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts
The last five minutes of the show was probably the best five minutes of Scrubs ever! (perfect song too)

What is with the "Eagle" gag? I've seen J.D. do it on a number of occasions but I must have missed the first time it was used and explained.
Old 04-25-06, 10:27 PM

This probably ranks right behind "My Screw Up" as the best Scrubs episode
Old 04-25-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In the episode that aired before this one there was another jab at Hugh Jackman
Old 04-25-06, 11:24 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Wow. If John C. McGinley doesn't get an Emmy nomination, much less a win, for this performance, the Academy has no heart. Might just be the best performance I've seen him give on this show and that's saying something.

Great ep tonight.

"What are you doing?"

"Motorboating."

Old 04-26-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Very good episode. Kinda figured The Todd wasn't going to end up gay though, and the writers handled it great. Gotta say, the Janitor had me rolling with his expressions tonight - he has outstanding comic subtlety.
Old 04-26-06, 05:49 AM

I nearly died laughing when Turk screamed after the Janitor "adjusted" his neck the first time.

And yeah, Cox totally ruled in this episode. Loved the song that played.
Old 04-26-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together...let me see...eh...em.. low-carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products, high-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, The O.C., the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans; the Latin Grammy's, the real Grammy's, Jeff that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, the Red States, the Blue States, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, and everything, everything, everything, everything everything, everything, everything, everything that exists, past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh, and Hugh Jackman.
All that, and it still doesn't answer my question.
Old 04-26-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

All that, and it still doesn't answer my question.
The quote was the first shot at Hugh Jackman. Ever since then, occasional shots have been thrown in. There hasn't been a story behind it ... just randomness that keeps getting recalled.

As for the Todd, I was reminded of one of the DVD commentaries where they were talking about doing some of these shifts in his character ... I just didn't think they would do it in the span of one episode.
Old 04-26-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This episode was excellent. I have to agree it was right behind "My Screw Up".
Old 04-26-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't remember a show that's stayed as consistently good as Scrubs has for as long as it has. Season 5 & still as awesome as ever. Another great episode.
Old 04-26-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt

Oh, and Hugh Jackman.

He's wrong about hi-def tv.
Old 04-26-06, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ytrez
He's wrong about hi-def tv.
How can he be wrong about not caring about hi-def tv?
Old 04-26-06, 10:39 AM
Retired

Great episode, definitely one of the best.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.