Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 01:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
How I Met Your Mother - "Mary the Paralegal" - 4/24

"Mary the Paralegal"
Spoiler:
Barney arranges a hot date for Ted when the gang goes to an awards banquet honoring Robin.
Old 04-24-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea for a new episode!
Old 04-24-06, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw this last night (the Canadian station ran it ahead of its US counterparts), the paralegal is hot.
Old 04-24-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Been having Robin withdrawals the past few days. for a new ep. :-)
Old 04-24-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Nice article praising the show here HIMYM article

Also: Behind the scenes footage at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/

Beginning Monday April 24, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Cobie Smulders, Josh Radnor and Jason Segel will take viewers backstage with an exclusive tour of the set, a first hand look at the weekly table read, cast rehearsal loaded with bloopers, camera blocking and the filming of the show. CBS.com will also offer interviews with crew members including the writers and director, as well as humorous and candid moments with the actors, including costume changes and hair/make-up.

If you ever wanted to find out what goes into the making of a comedy series, now is your chance. Each day during the week of April 24, a different cast member of the hit CBS comedy HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER will go behind the scenes to offer viewers an inside look at what it really takes to produce a 30 minute sitcom. These never before seen segments will be available exclusively on CBS.com.
Old 04-24-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Been having Robin withdrawals the past few days.
Maybe this will help you hold on for a couple hours

Old 04-24-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spring Roll
Saw this last night (the Canadian station ran it ahead of its US counterparts), the paralegal is hot.
that's quite the understatement.
Old 04-24-06, 08:17 PM

"This one guy wouldn't leave me alone. Talk about anal"

Robin
Old 04-24-06, 09:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
that's quite the understatement.
Holy crap, you ain't kiddin'! To hell with Robin...
Old 04-24-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Erinn Bartlett
Old 04-24-06, 09:56 PM
Suspended

That better not be the last we see of Mary!
Old 04-24-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hated the hairstyle on the prostilegal, but very hot, regardless.

Having Alyson snap at Alexis was good for laughs too.

Overall, a better episode than the past handful of episodes.
Old 04-24-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Alyson is actually starting to look more like her real age.

Liked the episode, but maybe it's nit-picking (but when it involves sex with someone that hot, I reserve that right), I just didn't buy that Mary would have slapped Ted and left.

He's this nice guy, she's willing to sleep with him in a hotel on the first night and not even make it a secret from anyone, and then Ted says, "no, you're a hooker" like 3 times and she's not really mad at that point and then she slaps him and leaves? No way.

She asks Ted, how did you think that about me and Ted says that's what Barney told me. She obviously knew Barney well enough to say she wouldn't sleep with him for any amount of money, so I think she'd only have been pissed at Barney and Ted would have gotten laid. And I would rather have the show end with that scene than the one it actually did.
Old 04-25-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Alyson is actually starting to look more like her real age.

Liked the episode, but maybe it's nit-picking (but when it involves sex with someone that hot, I reserve that right), I just didn't buy that Mary would have slapped Ted and left.

He's this nice guy, she's willing to sleep with him in a hotel on the first night and not even make it a secret from anyone, and then Ted says, "no, you're a hooker" like 3 times and she's not really mad at that point and then she slaps him and leaves? No way.

She asks Ted, how did you think that about me and Ted says that's what Barney told me. She obviously knew Barney well enough to say she wouldn't sleep with him for any amount of money, so I think she'd only have been pissed at Barney and Ted would have gotten laid. And I would rather have the show end with that scene than the one it actually did.
Yeah I agree. I also found it a low point for the character Robin to not even mention Ted in her little diddy. Wasn't this her first award and shouldn't it have meant a great deal to her? Although it could be forgivable since they made it out to be a really lame cheese filled award event with Dracula.

Do they plan to intro who might be the "Mother" before the season ends? We've known it's not Robin since ep 2 or 3 when old Ted called her Aunt Robin.
Old 04-25-06, 01:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The thought of him telling his kids how he almost nailed a girl he thought was a prostitute was pretty funny
Old 04-25-06, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
You have to remember he is telling this story to his kids...so its very possible hes cutting parts out and changing a few minor details. Of course that didnt stop him from telling them about when he bagged Winnie Cooper....but then again, if you bagged Winnie Cooper, would you hide it from anyone?
Old 04-25-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
KABOOM, you've been lawyered.
Old 04-25-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Ted is too stupid for words. The night was free - who gives a shit whether or not she was a hooker - Barney had already paid for the hotel room!
Old 04-25-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

God, Lily just keeps getting hotter and hotter. You're saying there are other women on this show? It's hard to notice.

Really, tough, the worst part about this is it's premise. Take away the "he's boring his kids to death with stories from his glory years" aspect (Al Bundy did it better and funnier, and less often) and the teasing over who the heck their mother is gonna turn out to be (really, who cares? unless, of course, Barney gets a sex change! or unless the revelation is that "Aunt Robin is your REAL mother!") and you're left with a reasonably entertaining facimile of 'Friends.' All I (and most of America) want is a few jokes and some eye candy. The convoluted premise serves no purpose beyond the pitch meeting for the pilot.

Sez me.
Old 04-25-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I thought the ep was OK. The best moment for me was realizing that Mary wasn't a hooker and that Barney had set this whole joke up. What I was hoping for was that the woman actually was a prostitute and we got a moment in the narration where future Ted says, "And THAT is how I met your mother."
Old 04-25-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
you know that scene in Empire where they lower the helmet on Darth Vader's head, do you think that's how Sandy puts his hair on in the morning?
Old 04-25-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
*cue* the Imperial March theme...
Old 04-25-06, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by wergo
the teasing over who the heck their mother is gonna turn out to be (really, who cares? unless, of course, Barney gets a sex change! or unless the revelation is that "Aunt Robin is your REAL mother!")

At the end of the pilot, after meeting Robin, didn't Bob Saget say "A that's how I met......your aunt."
Old 04-26-06, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, but he's also mentioned an Aunt Lilly.
Old 04-26-06, 06:14 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Great episode

I think the performances except for wooden Ted are starting to overshadow the premise, they don't show the kids anymore thank goodness. Barney is good enough to carry this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.