TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- "The Key" -- 04/24/06

Old 04-24-06, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Prison Break -- "The Key" -- 04/24/06

"The Key" Episode #119.
Spoiler:
The mystery man reveals himself to Lincoln; Michael realizes that Sara holds the key to the escape plan.

Cast: Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco, Peter Stormare, Robin Tunney, Marshall Allman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Stacy Keach, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, Patricia Wettig, Michelle Forbes, Frank Grillo, Muse Watson, Lane Garrison, Joseph Nuņez, Holly Valance.
Producer(s): Paul Scheuring, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Matt Olmstead, Brett Ratner.

Original Airdate: April 24, 2006.
Old 04-24-06, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to it, should be a great episode.
Old 04-24-06, 10:15 AM

Spoiler:
Does this corroborate my early thoughts that Sara will be joining them on the run once they escape?
Old 04-24-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was able to watch the show early last week.... I have been sitting on it for two weeks until I was able to watch 18. Definitely one of the the best episodes yet (in my opinion!) I wish I was the spoiler kind, but I'm not. The look on Michael's face is priceless though!

The tweener plays a bigger role in this weeks episode too.

treszoks, I would answer your question but then I would just spoil it for ya.
Old 04-24-06, 07:12 PM

Spoiler:
Just kill him you got a gun, why try to choke him, One shot and its over. Kind of like that scene in Austin Powers
Old 04-24-06, 07:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I think they want it to look like the accident killed him. A gunshot to the head would probably raise some questions
Old 04-24-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
V-Dub is in da house! Pimp that Prison cell!

Michael just can't catch a break with Sara (playing into the plight of the woman scorned on imperfect info).
Old 04-24-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am going to assume Michael intentionally let Tweet know about the plan. How it will turn out, I don't know but the preview looks friggin awesome.
Old 04-24-06, 08:08 PM

oh man, I'm on edge about next weeks episode. I can't wait to see it.
Old 04-24-06, 08:17 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What the hell did the whole accident thing accomplish, as far as advancing the show? Lincoln ends up back in solitary under closer watch, but Lincoln's dad and the SS guy are at the exact same point they were before. I really didn't like the way that was played out.

The rest of it I enjoyed, and I agree Michael better have known Tweener would spill the beans and had a different plan. I'm not so sure though.
Old 04-24-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
What the hell did the whole accident thing accomplish, as far as advancing the show? Lincoln ends up back in solitary under closer watch, but Lincoln's dad and the SS guy are at the exact same point they were before. I really didn't like the way that was played out.

The rest of it I enjoyed, and I agree Michael better have known Tweener would spill the beans and had a different plan. I'm not so sure though.
He had to know. The guy's always thinking ahead of the next person. Great episode.

May's looking to be a good month for Prison Break.
Old 04-24-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
I think they were hoping the car accident would kill Lincoln, and if not, SS will kill Lincoln with his dumbass leather glove.
Old 04-24-06, 09:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by zuffy
I think they were hoping the car accident would kill Lincoln, and if not, SS will kill Lincoln with his dumbass leather glove.
Yeah I understand that...but from a writing or plot advancement standpoint, it seems SS and "Dad" were nothing but filler, since they didn't accomplish a thing.
Old 04-24-06, 09:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

It connected the dad with the company and why they chose Lincoln to take the fall
Old 04-24-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy

Old 04-24-06, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrX
It connected the dad with the company and why they chose Lincoln to take the fall
Yeah, good point. But he could've just told us, he didn't have to make such a scene.
Old 04-24-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JimmySRU
Spoiler:
Just kill him you got a gun, why try to choke him, One shot and its over. Kind of like that scene in Austin Powers

A bullet to the head isn't what normally happens when get into a car crash. It would look less like a murder and more like just something to chalk up to a result from the car accident.
Old 04-24-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone tell me what the hell Abruzzi has to do with the guy helping out Lincoln's lawyer/girlfriend? Did I miss something?
Old 04-24-06, 10:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

My guess is they're going to hold her hostage so Michael will give up Fibonacci
Old 04-24-06, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Can someone tell me what the hell Abruzzi has to do with the guy helping out Lincoln's lawyer/girlfriend? Did I miss something?
We don't know yet. All we know is that last week somebody came up to the lawyer guy (can't remember his name for the life of me) and mentioned that he still owed them a favor or something. They never said who the guy worked with. I think that they wanted everybody to think that the guy was loyal to the Company or the Vice President, but it turns out that he was with Abruzzi's gang.

And while I found the "outside" parts to be as "meh" as always, it was nice to finally see a little more intersection between the two aspects of the show. We had the Abruzzi connection, as well as Bellick meeting Kellerman. Knowing what we know about Bellick, I could see him sniffing around if he ends up seeing the guy around again. It'd be a neat twist to have Bellick end up being an asset to Lincoln's case.

Also, that's got to be a record number of things that (seemingly) hindered the plan this week. Not only is Sarah pissed at Michael, but after all the trouble he went to to get the key, she went ahead and changed the lock on him. On top of that, Lincoln's now under 24-hour watch, and Bellick seems to have found their "on-ramp".
Old 04-24-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by MrX
My guess is they're going to hold her hostage so Michael will give up Fibonacci

That pretty much says it all.
Old 04-24-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by xVladx
We don't know yet. All we know is that last week somebody came up to the lawyer guy (can't remember his name for the life of me) and mentioned that he still owed them a favor or something. They never said who the guy worked with. I think that they wanted everybody to think that the guy was loyal to the Company or the Vice President, but it turns out that he was with Abruzzi's gang.

And while I found the "outside" parts to be as "meh" as always, it was nice to finally see a little more intersection between the two aspects of the show. We had the Abruzzi connection, as well as Bellick meeting Kellerman. Knowing what we know about Bellick, I could see him sniffing around if he ends up seeing the guy around again. It'd be a neat twist to have Bellick end up being an asset to Lincoln's case.

Also, that's got to be a record number of things that (seemingly) hindered the plan this week. Not only is Sarah pissed at Michael, but after all the trouble he went to to get the key, she went ahead and changed the lock on him. On top of that, Lincoln's now under 24-hour watch, and Bellick seems to have found their "on-ramp".
I agree with that Mike gave up the plan on purpose. It's standard slight of hand - make them look at something while you do something else. With all their attention on the hole in the break room, they can be free to take another route.
Old 04-24-06, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So what's the bigger reason why Michael did it.

To help out Tweener cause he loves to help people out or to create the decoy?
Old 04-25-06, 05:29 AM

Great episode. I don't know what was funnier; T-Bag shitting himself when he sees that Abruzzi's back or Abruzzi spouting that bullshit about wanting to "make peace" and "heal" with Fibonacci.

Poor Tweener getting done like that just for that one card. I wonder if he actually sliced Avacado's dick clean off, or just injured him badly. Gotta laugh at Bellick saying something about how they must've been doing some gymnastics in there.

Next week's looks... wow.
Old 04-25-06, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe I missed something even though Ive seen every episode, but when did things between Michael and Sarah move from longing looks and light touches to making out in the infirmary? Maybe that was the first time, but it felt like it wasnt the first time they had been open about it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.