Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 7 = All-Stars

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Brother 7 = All-Stars

IT'S YOUR SUMMER, AMERICA! "BIG BROTHER" RETURNS WITH A FIRST EVER "ALL-STAR" VERSION; IN ANOTHER FIRST, AMERICA WILL DECIDE WHICH HOUSEGUESTS MOVE INTO THE "BIG BROTHER" HOUSE

The Seventh Installment, Hosted By Julie Chen, Will Premiere This Summer

CBS announced today that the seventh installment of BIG BROTHER will return this summer with an "All-Star" version. For the first time ever in BIG BROTHER history worldwide, America will help choose who will participate in the game from among a pool of 20 of their favorite former houseguests from all six seasons.

Julie Chen returns as host.

BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS (working title) will reunite some of the most memorable, entertaining and controversial houseguests from previous BIG BROTHER seasons as they compete for the $500,000 grand prize among a group of people who could potentially consist of previous champions and some of the series' best personalities. Once again, America will be able to see the people they love… and the people they love to hate!

The series will follow the relationships and conflicts of players who live together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. One by one the houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end of three months, the last remaining houseguest will receive the grand prize. While living together in a confined space won't be anything new to the houseguests, choosing between any pre-existing relationships and building new alliances could be a challenge.

BIG BROTHER: ALL STARS is Executive Produced by Oscar and Emmy Award winner Arnold Shapiro, Emmy Award-winner Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan in association with Endemol U.S.A.

---------------

Here are my picks for the 12.
Season 2: Will Kirby (of course), Bunky, Nicole
Season 3: Marcellas, Roddy (Amy/Danni both said they won't do it)
Season 4: Allison
Season 5: Jase, Scott, Diane
Season 6: Kaysar, James, Janelle

Nobody is sure if it's 12 or 14 people, if it's 14 add Hardy/Howie. Unfortunately the producers will pick some people too, so you know it's 100% a lock that Holly will be in. I hope they have some balls and NOT let some winners in Like Lisa/Jun/Drew because they bring absoutely nothing to the table.
Old 04-12-06, 12:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Depending on the "pool" of 20, of course, I expect the cast to be Season 6 heavy.

Season 1 houseguest will likely be the chicken man.
Old 04-12-06, 12:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally! Now all we need is for Amazing Race to have their all-star edition.
Old 04-12-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope Will isn't in All-Stars because all it would do is ruin my perception of him.
Old 04-12-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....It's not going to be as real as previous seasons. The good people will go first so Will, James, Kaysar and the like wouldn't be around for long. On the positive side I'd get to see Howie, Janelle, Will and many more of my favorites again.
Old 04-12-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I recently heard that Julie Chen is marries to Les Moonves. Now I know who she is sleeping with to get this job.
Old 04-12-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
My picks

S2: Doctor Will

S3: Danielle (still say she was robbed and was one of the best players to never win), Jason, Josh, Marcellas

S4: Alison, Jack

S5: Marvin, Cowboy, Scott

S6: Kaysar, Janelle, James, Howie.

I can't get it under 14. If I was pressed for 12 I'd probably take out Josh, and Jack.
Old 04-12-06, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope they limit the contestants to players who haven't won. In most cases, the winners were supremely uninteresting.
Old 04-12-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Big Brother has had "stars?"

Old 04-12-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They should bring in former Survivors into the Big Brother house and choose from that pool of contestants. They'll be bored out of their frikkin' mind after a few days inside that house, that could make for some explosive viewing.
Old 04-12-06, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
What, no love for the Virgin Brittany, who had (alleged) naked pictures posted on a Burning Man website?
Old 04-12-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by MWB
Big Brother has had "stars?"

Sure. There's been regular appearances of them in episodes of "Where Are They Now?" and "15 Minutes to Hasbeenville."
Old 04-13-06, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

please not Cowboy!

Couldn't stand another summer watching him butcher the english language!

I defintiely want to see Dr Will come back he's was the most enjoyable player ever but I can't see him lasting long since he's already won. Any previous winners would most likely be voted out first
Old 04-13-06, 11:28 AM

I don't see why CBS insists are messing with an already working formula for their reality shows. Survivor All Stars was horrible (even Jiffy Pop admits that mistake)...TAR Family Edition was a nightmare...and now they want a BB All Stars? Oh well, guess it won't be too bad if the Buxom Blonde Goddess Janelle is on.
Old 04-13-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a good idea as long it comes with it own original twists and surprises for these BB veterans!(Hard!!) Now I hope this does not axe any AR version as well.

Last edited by madara; 04-14-06 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-13-06, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Silt
I don't see why CBS insists are messing with an already working formula for their reality shows. Survivor All Stars was horrible (even Jiffy Pop admits that mistake)...TAR Family Edition was a nightmare...and now they want a BB All Stars? Oh well, guess it won't be too bad if the Buxom Blonde Goddess Janelle is on.

The problem with Survivor All Stars was that the previous winners were easy first votes. That's why BB should not invite any previous winners. It makes it east at the beginning for the rest of the people and it takes away from the drama.
Old 04-14-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a bad idea... Having reality "all-stars" in the BB house might have worked, but an all-star pool of former BB players? Boring. Half the fun of the show is people dealing with being locked up for so long and interacting. These people have already been through it, know what they're doing and knows everyone in the house and everything about them. For a three month long show, this is going to be agonizing. Think I'll download the UK version this year for my BB fix instead.
Old 04-14-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Season 1 houseguest will likely be the chicken man.
Please, no!
Old 04-15-06, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That would be cool to see a Will-James final...those are my two favorites and they happen to be the best 2 players in BB history!
Old 04-15-06, 02:39 AM

this is great

people i want to see:
kaysar
howie
james
janelle
will
lisa
Old 04-15-06, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by shanester
please not Cowboy!
Oh, he would never do it, would he? I thought he was going to be a big star by now because of all the exposure he got on the show.
Old 04-15-06, 06:33 PM

My "wishlist":

S1: George
S2: Will, Shannon
S3: Jason, Lisa, Marcellas (almost anyone from this season would be great)
S4: Alison, David, Erika
S5: Marvin
S6: Janelle, Kaysar

Surely CBS will pull someone from the first show despite the horrible ratings. Now, if they wanted the most entertaining show..

S1: Will Mega
S2: Mike Boogie, Monica
S3: Tanya
S4: Mantroll, Michelle, Scott
S5: Cowboy, Holly, Jase
S6: April, Howie

Now that would make some good TV.
Old 04-16-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Brak55
Oh, he would never do it, would he? I thought he was going to be a big star by now because of all the exposure he got on the show.
To be fair to Cowboy, you could say that about every single contestant the show has ever had.