Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

amazon france shipping problems

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered La Double Vie du Veronique from Amazon.fr back in March on the 3rd. I went with standard shipping. I still haven't recieved it yet? I live in an apartment. Should I check with the office? Anyone with prior experience do they use the post office, if not did it get shipped to your door? Did someone have to sign for it?

thanks
any help would be appreciated
Old 04-11-06, 11:33 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by trainvedder
i ordered La Double Vie du Veronique from Amazon.fr back in March on the 3rd. I went with standard shipping. I still haven't recieved it yet? I live in an apartment. Should I check with the office? Anyone with prior experience do they use the post office, if not did it get shipped to your door? Did someone have to sign for it?

thanks
any help would be appreciated
I would most DEFINITELY check with your office. When I lived in an apartment, the office would occasionally receive misdirected packages. The irony was that packages usually got left directly at the door, while I had to walk a few blocks to the old mailbox, talk about irony.

I just recently ordered from Amazon's German subsidiary on the 27th of March or so and I didn't receive my package until like the 9th or 10th of this month! And, the thing is it was marked: "Luftpost par avion prioritaire". I'd hate to think what would have happened if it had taken the slow boat! lol

So I wouldn't be TOO worried, on the other hand, I'd definitely be asking around at your office.

Larry
Old 04-12-06, 01:24 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I wouldnt get REAL worried yet-in France outside mail gets low priority-it took 5 weeks to get an order from Amazon.fr
Old 04-12-06, 05:59 AM

I live in New Hampshire and received my DLoV within 2 weeks of order from Amazon.fr (standard shipping). I have always had quick service from all of the Amazon stores (France, UK and Germany).
Old 04-12-06, 08:20 AM
Tek

Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
I live in New Hampshire and received my DLoV within 2 weeks of order from Amazon.fr (standard shipping). I have always had quick service from all of the Amazon stores (France, UK and Germany).
I 2nd that....
Received My copy of DLoV, in Central NY, in about 8 buisiness days.

Only Amazon Shop I've found to ship slow (and expen$ive) is Amazon Canada.
Old 04-12-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Amazon.fr is a real crap-shoot. I get stuff from amazon.uk within 10 days consistantly, but stuff from amazon.fr can take anywhere from 10 up to 40 (!) days. I used to think it was USPS, but I get stuff from China and Australia quicker than from France. So, just sit tight, you'll get it.... eventually.

Though, for the French dvd of "Double Life", I got it through Xploited cinema, and got it in 3 days, for just a little less than it was on amazon.fr.
Old 04-13-06, 12:42 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Amazon.uk and CDWOW! UK are usually 1-weekers....
Old 04-15-06, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by trainvedder
i ordered La Double Vie du Veronique from Amazon.fr back in March on the 3rd. I went with standard shipping.
Usually Amazon.fr send a confirmation e-mail when they ship your DVDs, you can
check your order by clicking on "Votre Compte"(your account) on the top of Amazon.fr
page, then on the line beginning by "Commandes passées" click on the "GO" button.

You will be asked for your e-mail adress and password to see your orders.
Old 04-15-06, 07:27 PM

Has anyone tried Fnac.fr? How are they in terms of order fullfillment speed and customer service?