Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Canada - selection is highly lacking, how come?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 02:49 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the DDD employee post this in another thread:

We carry the full line of DVDs available in the Canadian retail market and all orders shipped within Canada receive FREE SHIPPING and our LOWEST TOTAL PRICE GUARANTEE!
The part I don't get about this is the "full line of DVDs". After searching for numerous different items on www.deepdiscountdvd.ca, the result is usually just a movie poster for that movie, yet they don't sell the actual movie!

Yet if I do the same search on www.deepdiscountdvd.com, the movies are always there, available for purchase.

What's up with this?

Is there some sort of issue as to why the selection on the .CA site has not been brought up to par yet; or is it always going to be like that?

If the selection will be brought up to par, then when will that be completed by?
Old 04-11-06, 04:41 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Navaros,

We list the titles that are available through our Canadian distribution center. We also have a distribution center in the United States for DeepDiscountDVD.com. There are many titles that are available in the United States that are not available in Canada, just as there are titles that are available in Canada but not in the United States.

As new items become available they are added to the web site as quickly as possible. We are constantly striving to improve every aspect of DeepDiscountDVD.ca.

I apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience.
Old 04-12-06, 02:51 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

If I post the names of specific items on this forum, would you then be able to provide information about why those titles are not available in Canada, and if they would be coming to Canada in the forseeable future?
Old 04-12-06, 05:27 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Navaros,

I would be more than happy to see what information I can find out for you!

Just post the list!
Old 04-17-06, 02:42 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks!

Here's a list of some of the items that are not on the .CA website yet are on the .COM website:

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
Glengarry Glen Ross
Boiler Room
Tales from the Crypt Seasons 1 - 3

On a similar note, both sites have Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood & Demon Knight packaged in a two pack and say to "see individual titles" for the information; yet I could not find a way to purchase Demon Knight on it's own?

I found the movie "With Honors" on both sites, although there is a typo on the blurb on the .COM site where it says:

When a Harvard senior's thesis falls into the hands of an irascible homeless man, the Ivy League lad and his unenlightened roommates become students of the real world. of the real world. the real world.
...the bolded part is the typos. Just a heads up in case you wanted to know about that.
Old 04-17-06, 08:44 AM
DeepDiscount.com

Navaros,

I appreciate the info-I will check into it as soon as possible!
Old 04-17-06, 01:07 PM

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - definitely available in Canada
Glengarry Glen Ross - definitely available in Canada
Boiler Room - definitely available in Canada
Tales from the Crypt Seasons 1 - 3 - for some reason, the seasons of Tales From The Crypt are not available in Canada - IMPORTS - probably because another company has home video rights to them...

Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood & Demon Knight were available as separate releases, but since Universal seems to be compiling everything together (ie. see their various "Franchise Collections"), they were discontinued. You can only get the one release with both films.

Hope that helps. Sorry to butt in there DeepDiscountDVD
Old 04-17-06, 06:12 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info, ChristianB!

So then the question from my original post comes back, if DDD Canada has the full line of DVDs available in Canada, then how come those ones that are definitely available in Canada are not on the .CA site?

Hopefully DeepDiscountDVD will come back with an answer about that.