TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "I Am God" -- New Night 04/11/06

Old 04-11-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "I Am God" -- New Night 04/11/06

"I Am God" Episode #218.
Spoiler:
Dreams in which students killed in the bus crash confront her plague Veronica; Logan and Weevil pair up for a physics project that could result in a scholarship for Veronica.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Kyle Gallner, Ryan Hansen , Alona Tal, Samantha Klein, Jeremy Ray Valdez, Kayla Ewell, Vanessa Lee Chester, Blythe Auffarth, Luke Fryden , Maximino Arciniega , Martin Yu, Duane Daniels, Linda Castro, James Jordan , Lizzie Murray.
Director(s): Martha Mitchell.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Diane Ruggiero, Cathy Belben .

Original Airdate: April 11, 2006.
Old 04-11-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This seems like it could be a very odd episode.
Old 04-11-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The fucking Kevin Finnerty Syndrome hits here too?!?
Old 04-11-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say, anyone know what, exactly that "This Is Your God" poster in Keith's office is? I assume it's a leftover from his days on the force, but I can never make out the fine print. (Three guesses as to whether or not I have an HDTV setup yet.)
Old 04-11-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for those interested, the episode replays tomorrow and sunday. and the dreams won't be nearly as bizzare as teh sopranos in my opinion
Old 04-11-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wergo
Say, anyone know what, exactly that "This Is Your God" poster in Keith's office is? I assume it's a leftover from his days on the force, but I can never make out the fine print. (Three guesses as to whether or not I have an HDTV setup yet.)
I only have last week's episode and this was the only shot containing the poster. I think it's a parody of the Federal Reserve seal. I think "This is your God" was what Roddy Piper saw printed on money in "They Live".

Old 04-11-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like Veronica Mars crossed with Buffy.
Old 04-11-06, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode was just information overload for me.
Old 04-11-06, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wonderful! Baseball again! Fuck UPN
Old 04-11-06, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
This episode was just information overload for me.
Indeed. I have no idea what just happened.
Old 04-11-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wonderful! Baseball again! Fuck UPN
If you're in So Cal, VM will be on at 1AM, and again on Sunday at 5PM.

I'm glad it got bumped as House and Scrubs/Teachers would get the priority anyway, and now I don't have to wait until Sunday as usual.
Old 04-11-06, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
1...well...ok...It IS Veronica Mars
Old 04-12-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by henryfish
Indeed. I have no idea what just happened.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was totally at sea with this episode.
Old 04-12-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I thought this was an excellent episode (from the parts that I understood from). A lot of information was introduced in this episode. However, I don't think I fully undestand the ending and Veronica's conversation with the dead radio DJ.

Nice to see Paula Marshall back again.

Wallace and Logan hanging out together. Could this be the start of a beautiful friendship?

Through Veronica's dreams, we learned that:
- the gay student was about to out somebody big, or as he put it "the outing of all outings". He told Veronica that she's asking the wrong questions, since the questions she should be asking is as to why would the gay student attend a baseball team introduction or a sports event?
Spoiler:
Was he about to out Woody? Then the theories of him being a child molester would make sense.

- the dead PCH'er claimed that somebody "bald" must be responsible in setting up the bomb at the exact moment the bus was near the cliff.
Spoiler:
Is it Weevil? Curly?

Veronica's conversation with Beaver about the dead PCHer reveals that the PCHer tried to beat up and get the money for the ruined jeans from Beaver for something that Dick did, which as Beav puts it, it has been "the story of my life".

Woody paying off $2 million dollars to the PWT (Rhonda) family because they found a finger on Woody's restaurant food. There has to be more to that?

Dick and his summer fling seems to be a red herring along with Meg and Lucky.

Now back to the ending, based from what I understood from the conversation with the dead radio DJ and Veronica was that the phrase "I Am God" was in reference to the song and the band and has nothing to do with Veronica and her not being responsible however, I don't get the cell phone ringing and him passing it to her saying that's for her. Then we see Rhonda asking "Where are you stupid?" and we see a bag with the C4 besides Veronica while she's staring at the cell looking it as if she recognizes the number. Is there a significance to this? What am I missing?
Old 04-12-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One thing I forgot that we learned in yesterday episode is that through their dad, Dick and Beaver are worth more dead than they are alive because of the insurance policy.

My head is still spinning after watching this episode.
Old 04-12-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm just upset because it looks like they're using my dark horse Kendall did it speculation as a red herring. That's a pity.
Old 04-12-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I'm just upset because it looks like they're using my dark horse Kendall did it speculation as a red herring. That's a pity.
I've been thinking Kendall for some time. Dick makes reference to his dad sending the limo in the first episode to pick up the kids, so I doubt he set up Dick and Cassidyto die, but Kendall also could have taken out policies on the kids since she would have legally been there mom AFTER the wedding, which was when the policies started. Kendall also has ties back to Aaron, who could have set her up with Curly.
Old 04-12-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I've been thinking Kendall for some time. Dick makes reference to his dad sending the limo in the first episode to pick up the kids, so I doubt he set up Dick and Cassidyto die, but Kendall also could have taken out policies on the kids since she would have legally been there mom AFTER the wedding, which was when the policies started. Kendall also has ties back to Aaron, who could have set her up with Curly.
My own theory also involves some sort of past relationship with the Gutenberg character. I believe I speculated in last week's thread that perhaps she's his sister.
Old 04-12-06, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How was Dick's voice on the recording if he was in the limo? Was this a red herring too?
Old 04-12-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joefrog91
How was Dick's voice on the recording if he was in the limo? Was this a red herring too?
Betina (the girl Dick slept with during the summer) was playing his phone message that he left her to the people on the bus. That's when Rhonda called her friend just before the bus plunged to the cliff. That's why Dick's voice was in Rhonda's phone message.
Old 04-13-06, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The below "spoiler" box does not contain any spoilers -- it contains ratings news. I want to talk about it, but I know that people here get freaky about such talk from time to time. Don't go looking and then complain.

Spoiler:
Yikes. It's hard to imagine that the ratings could go down from where they were against AI on Wednesdays, but they did. Based upon the Programming Insider email I get daily, it appears that the show drew a 1.7/2 in the overnights. That is down from a 2.1/3 in the overnights last Wednesday. I love this show, but I'm starting to get really worried about the future.
Old 04-13-06, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's probably a very bad idea to have your "trippy dream sequences revolving around events and characters most regular viewers don't even remember" show as the premiere episode on your new night.

I wouldn't expect the move to bring in many new viewers at this point since we're heading into the home streach on seasonal mysteries.
Old 04-13-06, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do we know if the PWTs have a brother that would be molestable by Guttenberg. It would explain the payoff. Unless he molests children regardless of sex.

The whole thing might be a red herring, but I don't think so.
Old 04-13-06, 07:35 AM

Put me in the "barely understood a damn thing" group for this episode. Information and red-herrings flying all over the place. I did like it though, I'm just going to have to watch it a couple more times to even remotely get it.

FINALLY Wallace and Logan interact. About damn time, I've been wanting this to happen for a while now. Totally lived up to my expectations I had for them. I wish they'd talk more.

Dick just rules so much. The actor totally nails all his lines and I just love seeing what he's going to do next. That Brokeback Mountain takeoff was hysterical. Fucking brilliant.

I'm thinking the outing thing is a red-herring as well, it's being focused on an awful lot.

Last edited by Sir_Fireboard; 04-13-06 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-13-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked the entire episode. The dreams were VM's deduction process during sleep. I have been pretty critical of the show this season, but this episode was much different. Less 90210 and more plot activity.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.