Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes ----> 7/18/06

From dvdactive.com:

Title: Ren & Stimpy
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 18th July 2006
SRP: Price TBC

Further Details:
Paramount Home Entertainment has sent over artwork for Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes which includes the uncensored and out of control episodes, that creator John K. always wanted to make. The two-disc set will be available to own from the 18th July, and has a total runtime of 198 minutes. Extras will include 17 APC animatics, 3 APC pencil tests: Naked Beach Frenzy, tons of APC Model Sheets and Background Art, and a Rough Cut - Ren Seeks Help feature. We've attached the official artwork below:
Cover art here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...d-stimpy2.html
Old 04-05-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i guess we get this instead of the mega box set...
Old 04-05-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll probably get this.
Old 04-05-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
I hadn't heard that this replaced that? (thought technically, I've never seen an official announcement of a megabox anyways...)

I'll wait for the mega box anyways, plus I'll wait for the fans to pick this up and verify everything is uncut (like the season sets were supposed to be)
Old 04-05-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They'll probably leave something out so you have to buy the boxset to get the Even More Uncut & Uncensored, This Time We Really Mean It!!! Episodes.
Old 04-05-06, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm definitely going to get this - big Ren & Stimpy fan; the Adult Party Cartoon eps were even better than the original series, imo. John Kricfalusi is a damned funny guy and a great animator!
Old 04-06-06, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the reason i said that, is that is the cover art that was floating around for the mega box
Old 04-06-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts
the reason i said that, is that is the cover art that was floating around for the mega box
Nope, that was always the one for the APC set, see here
Old 04-06-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"John K Classics! Actually uncensored this time!"

Why is that (preliminary) ultimate box seems to retain a similar type of humor from the first season yet most of the episodes after 1991 don't?
Old 04-06-06, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UAIOE
"John K Classics! Actually uncensored this time!"

Why is that (preliminary) ultimate box seems to retain a similar type of humor from the first season yet most of the episodes after 1991 don't?
He was fired after the first season, and Nickelodeon replaced him with Bob Camp, who was a soulless piece of corperate slime who didn't know how to tell a funny joke. Without John K. to tell him how, the show failed.
Old 04-06-06, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That doesn't really explain why i hate the new show since that was John K's "baby".

I found the new show to be far worse than anything in Season 2 and S2 was really hit and miss compared to Season 1. (Kilted Yaksmen = Yes, Stimpy's First Fart = No)

"Blast off to the amazing year four-hundred billion!"

Season one was greatness and then some.

And why was "Royal Candian Kilted Yaksmen" never released in *ANY* form uncensored?
Old 04-06-06, 11:09 PM
Banned

That doesn't really explain why i hate the new show since that was John K's "baby".
Well, you haven't really seen the new show. You watched two episodes - you probably saw "Onward and Upward" and part one (or two?) of "Firedogs 2." "Ren Seeks Help" was very much like the original series, and the best episodes of Adult Party Cartoon weren't even aired (they were Naked Beach Frenzy, Stimpy's Pregnant and a two-part episode called "Altruists")
Old 04-07-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, whatever the one was where they went to go live in the bar spitoon (probably the one you mentioned) totally killed the entire new series for me.

Just the fact that that particular episode was made and contained the humor that it did doesn't renew any interest in the newer series.
Old 04-07-06, 10:01 PM
Banned

I liked the episode. I thought it was very funny. It was made in response to fan letters to John during the Nickelodeon days asking him to do an entire episode of gross-out jokes. Nick's censors wouldn't let him, but when he got on Spike TV, he was able to do this. I disagree with viewers who thought that it shouldn't have been the premiere episode - it was a great episode to set the tone of the new series for; it immediately told people that this wasn't a show for the kiddies (Naked Beach Frenzy wasn't finished at the time).
Old 04-07-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it was a bad idea to use it as the first ep as i'm sure i'm not the only one to steer clear of the show because of it.

It made me think the show was going to be nothing *BUT* that and i avoided the show.
Old 04-08-06, 12:20 AM
Banned

Of course not. Nickelodeon wouldn't let John K. do an entire gross-out episode, so he made "Onward and Upward" for the Adult Party Cartoon. They wouldn't let John do violent episodes, so he did "Ren Seeks Help". And he obviously couldn't put nudity on his show during the early years, so he made "Naked Beach Frenzy." "Altruists" and "Stimpy's Pregnant" are pretty much standard Ren & Stimpy episodes made without the interferrance of a censor to tell John that he couldn't say or do anything that was FUNNY!
Old 04-08-06, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still kinda leery of the new show, but should i catch an episode on TV (Thats not "Onward and Upward") i'll give it a watch.
Old 04-08-06, 05:15 PM
Banned

I'm still kinda leery of the new show, but should i catch an episode on TV (Thats not "Onward and Upward") i'll give it a watch.
Spike TV isn't showing it anymore....only way to see the new eps is on DVD.
Old 04-09-06, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Episodes On This DVD:

Onward and Upward
Ren Seeks Help
Fire Dogs 2
Naked Beach Frenzy (unaired)
Altruists! (unaired)
Stimpy's Pregnant (unaired)

Bonus Features:
coming sooon!!

See Back Cover art from: http://renandstimpyonline.tripod.com/dvdapc.html
If you're a Ren & Stimpy completist or just a fan, it means you like them for their gross-out humour and not in spite of it, and you simply have to get this - if it contains all the Spike TV episodes...

Only question: "What will I do till then?!"

Also check out this tantalizing work in progress:

Last edited by baracine; 04-09-06 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-09-06, 09:25 AM
Suspended

From www.lyris-lite.net, what was cut from the supposedly "uncensored" episodes - on video:
http://www.lyris-lite.net/rscuts.html

N.B.: You must first download and install this free codec to play those clips on Windows Media Player or RealPlayer: http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...2&ssid=0&did=3 . Just download the .exe file from this site, go to the spot you saved it in your PC and double-click on it to install. No need to restart your computer.

From the same site's FAQ:
Q: When is "Ultimate Ren & Stimpy" coming out?
A: We don't know yet. Paramount haven't yet made an official announcement. People have hinted at a March/April 2006 release but nobody is sure yet. As soon as there's announcement, it'll be on this site.

Q: Did you really paint the time-code out of Sven Hoek?
A: Yes, it was my idea and Evan Oliver helped (and did a lot of the actual airbrushing work). I edited the whole thing together. John Kricfalusi expressed interest at using this version on the "Ultimate" R&S DVD, but so far we're not 100% sure if they're including it. It wouldn't make sense for them not to, but big corporations often don't make a lot of sense to the outside world.

Q: Will it be uncut?
A: I think so. John told me something to the effect of "they'll fix everything they can" and I've provided an in-depth list of what needs fixing. Hopefully, they've been able to track down all of the scenes and get complete versions of as many of the R&s cartoons as possible.

Last edited by baracine; 04-09-06 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-09-06, 12:43 PM
Suspended

It just dawned on me that if Paramount is a little vague about the release date of the "Ultimate Ren & Stimpy Thrill Package", it must be because they want you to give in and buy the "Lost Episodes" boxset. If you don't own anything of Ren & Stimpy, it would make sense to wait for the "Ultimate" edition. But what human being with normal, red-blooded "urgent needs" can wait that long?!
Old 06-03-06, 11:03 AM
Banned

shood ied wate for the for the big box set or buy the rest of the sets sepertly
Old 06-03-06, 12:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TJK18
shood ied wate for the for the big box set or buy the rest of the sets sepertly
If you don't own anything, wait for the Ultimate Boxset. Personally, I know I will buy the Lost Episodes when they come out - because I can't wait, darnit! And then buy the Ultimate collection and give away the individual sets I have accumulated as Christmas presents.
Old 07-07-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by TJK18
should I wait for the for the big box set or buy the rest of the sets seperately
there you go
Old 07-07-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts
btw i have this and really not looking forward to watching some of this.

it seemed to be gross out for the sake of it instead of for entertainment reasons.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.