Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Save 10% at DeepDiscountDVD.ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save 10% at DeepDiscountDVD.ca

took this from DVDTimes

Site sponsors Deep Discount DVD are currently offering 10% off their already great prices. All you need to do is follow this link http://www.deepdiscountdvd.ca/redire...promocode=SAVE
and enter the code 'SAVE' during the checkout process and 10% will be knocked off their usual prices.
Old 04-04-06, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"We are unable to ship to the USA."
Old 04-04-06, 04:32 PM

I wonder if they will have one for the U.S. site?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 04-04-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does DeepDiscountDVD.ca sell DVDs from Canada? as i can't find The David Cronenberg collection from alliance.
Old 04-04-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spoke to a U.S. rep a few days ago asking if they would ship from Canada to the U.S.

She unfortunately said No.
Old 04-04-06, 06:25 PM

Is it just me or is this store outrageously expensive compared to the US site?

As a test I put Withnail and I Criterion and Muppet Show Season 1 in my basket at both sites, and without shipping the US site quoted me $48.36....the Canadian site quotes me $69.57, and that is with the 10% 'SAVE' discount code, and yes that was my estimated price in US dollars.

So, for the Withnail and I Criterion it is quoted at CA$44.49, which at todays exchange rate comes to US$38.23...this on a DVD that has an RRP of US$29.95 according to the US site, but on the Canadian site they claim the RRP is CA$62.99 (US$54.12 at todays rate).

There is definitely something fishy here.How does the RRP of a common Criterion almost double as it crosses the border?

The only justification I can think of is that Canadian customers must be paying some excessive fees to import from the US...so maybe it evens out if you don't have to pay customs/shipping.

Might be worth it though if the shipping is more reliable from Canada...my last two packages from DDD US site vanished into the ether

Something to ponder

P.S. I realise that there is a Criterion sale on at the moment at the US store, but that still doesn't account for the huge jump in the RRP

Last edited by benjsimpson; 04-04-06 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Canadian MSRP's are different.. check out the thread in the store forum, http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459526
Old 04-04-06, 07:57 PM

Thanks pilot...thats an interesting thread

Well...it seems that the extortionate prices on Criterions come from the distributors in Canada. You'd think they would wonder why no-one is buying them. Criterion should lean on the distributors to be more reasonable with their pricing.

On a side note, I love the dual language cover I have of Pulp Fiction that I imported when it was the best version to get. It looks very cool on my shelf.

I wish the store good luck, but it obviously pays to do some research before buying
Old 04-05-06, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can someone answer my question please?: does deepdiscoundvd.ca sell DVDs from canada or all of their DVDs from the US? i can't find find any DVDs from alliance.
Old 04-05-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by animatedude
can someone answer my question please?: does deepdiscoundvd.ca sell DVDs from canada or all of their DVDs from the US? i can't find find any DVDs from alliance.
from the thread I posted above,

All orders ship from our fulfillment center in Brampton, Ontario Canada.
..I guess you would need to contact DDD.ca directly to see if they're going to sell anything from Alliance or not..