Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problem with X1? Yes, No?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 04-04-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 407 Likes on 352 Posts

Turned on my X1 to watch a little TV, and within a few seconds the image "switched" to much darker. Thinking just needed a reset, I turned the PJ off with the remote, waited about 2 minutes and fired it up again. The image was still much darker then before and while I was in the menu seeing if somehow my setting were changed, the PJ shut itself off! I got 3 blinking lights which per the manual means the lamp door is open or the unit needs a hard reset. I did the hard reset (using the toggle switch) but the image is still dark. I have taken the PJ down to let cool and will remove the lamp housing to see if dirty or something.

My lamp has right at 1050 hours on it, you don't think I'm loosing it already do you? A search of at AVS found a couple of threads that mentioned the lamps darken around 1100 hours, but man it is a LOT darker. Before I pulled the PJ down, I fired it up again and tried turning up the brightness. I normally keep it at 43, but turning up to 75 didn't seem to get it back to where it was!

Ideas from our PJ experts out there???
Old 04-04-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 407 Likes on 352 Posts
Errr seems to be working fine again. I pulled the lamp housing and cleaned the filters (which were pretty dirty) and all seems ok again.
Old 04-04-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll keep that in mind, if this ever happens to my X1.