Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Narnia Litho at Target :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narnia Litho at Target :(

I know this may seem picky but the Litho at Target comes with the 1 disk version only, and its in with the dvd . Its packaged inside so its very small. When i got to the target in my area, they didn't know what i was talking about so they went in the back and only then brough out the ones with the Litho. I was disappointed but wanted to 2 disk verison, so i bought the 2 disk. I didn't bother with the 1 disk or the Litho. Ohhh well.
If you guys are getting the Litho, make sure yo look at the box, theres a sticker that says Litho included, some has the sticker, some don't.

Last edited by roger_d; 04-04-06 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 08:43 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huh...it's only as big as the DVD case?! Well, scratch that...Circuit City it is...
Old 04-04-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
So it's not really a litho. More like a postcard.
Old 04-04-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
So it's not really a litho. More like a postcard.

It seems that way yes, i was hopeing the Litho would be bigger. Really not worth it if it's that small. Maybe someone who got it will let us know.
Old 04-04-06, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the intel. That helps me make up my mind regarding where and what I buy. This forum rocks.
Old 04-04-06, 11:12 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
What was the price on the 2-disc at Target? Better than Circuit City's price?
Old 04-04-06, 11:20 AM

Wow, that is a pretty poor exclusive...
Old 04-04-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PerryD
What was the price on the 2-disc at Target? Better than Circuit City's price?

I paid $24.99 for the 2 disk.

CC is $24.99
BB is $26.99

Last edited by roger_d; 04-04-06 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, none of the copies that I saw had the "litho included" sticker on them. The sign said they were included with the 2-disc version too, but I didn't see any copies whatsoever that included it. This was at about 10:45, oh well, it's a very nice set anyway...
Old 04-04-06, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, is a litho the same thing as concept art? My 2 disc copy of Narnia at Target came with the lithographs, they are about the size of a post card, with beautiful art. One was the kids going up a hill with the Lion and two centaurs and the other of the white witch in her chariot. I can post pics if you want.
Old 04-04-06, 03:05 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Wait, is a litho the same thing as concept art? My 2 disc copy of Narnia at Target came with the lithographs, they are about the size of a post card, with beautiful art. One was the kids going up a hill with the Lion and two centaurs and the other of the white witch in her chariot. I can post pics if you want.
That's exactly what I expect this "lithograph" to be, so people who buy the Special Collector's Edition someplace other than Target get two and Target customers get three. Now that I know it helps "complete the set" to have bought it from Target pisses me off because the original poster said it was only included with the single-disc version, and I took him at his word and made my purchase at Circuit City. roger_d, if you were wrong about this exclusive being available on both versions of NARNIA, may I please ask that you confirm all such information in the future before posting it here as "law". We all make buying decisions based on an expectation in the legitimacy of others' research.
Old 04-04-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
That's exactly what I expect this "lithograph" to be, so people who buy the Special Collector's Edition someplace other than Target get two and Target customers get three. Now that I know it helps "complete the set" to have bought it from Target pisses me off because the original poster said it was only included with the single-disc version, and I took him at his word and made my purchase at Circuit City. roger_d, if you were wrong about this exclusive being available on both versions of NARNIA, may I please ask that you confirm all such information in the future before posting it here as "law". We all make buying decisions based on an expectation in the legitimacy of others' research.

I don't think i was wrong in what i said, what i've quoted is exactly what happened to me. I did ask the Mangager who went in the back of the store and showed me that the small Litho only comes with the (1) single disk. I looked at all the other (2) disk and there was no Litho in the packaging. I opened mine and there was no Litho in where the disk is.
If i'm wrong, i appologize but the experience i had is what i indicated above.
Old 04-04-06, 03:33 PM

I purchased my 2 discer at Future Shop (Canada) and it came with a "steel case" dvd case. I assume this is a future shop exclusive and you only got it with the 2 disc. It was given to you seperately at the cashiers counter upon purchase. It has the same cover art as the 1 disc and it has two spots for the the 2 dvds to snap in if you want. Anyone else have this or have seen it?

It looks pretty sharp so I am torn on whether to keep the dvds in the original case or the steel case. I will keep both on the shelf and probably put the discs in the steel as it is easier to access I guess. I was expecting something like Donnie Darko's steel case or something where you could place the whole dvd inside but that is not the case.

On a side note I also got a tin for The Incredibles from Future Shop. Same type of deal except it is like Donnie Darko's tin without the embossing. Anyone seen that one before?

I can post pics somewhere of both of these if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Sorry if I kinda hijacked this thread. I thought it was along the same lines and did not want to start a new thread.
Old 04-04-06, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roger_d
I don't think i was wrong in what i said, what i've quoted is exactly what happened to me. I did ask the Mangager who went in the back of the store and showed me that the small Litho only comes with the (1) single disk. I looked at all the other (2) disk and there was no Litho in the packaging. I opened mine and there was no Litho in where the disk is.
If i'm wrong, i appologize but the experience i had is what i indicated above.
Fair enough and I'm sorry if I came off as bitter but if you were told/shown wrong by this manager, then I'm gonna be ticked at cruel fate...no one here's fault, though, and I appreciate the initial warning--it was obviously well-intentioned no matter how this all comes out.
Old 04-04-06, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by UDGuy
I purchased my 2 discer at Future Shop (Canada) and it came with a "steel case" dvd case. I assume this is a future shop exclusive and you only got it with the 2 disc. It was given to you seperately at the cashiers counter upon purchase. It has the same cover art as the 1 disc and it has two spots for the the 2 dvds to snap in if you want. Anyone else have this or have seen it?

I can post pics somewhere of both of these if anyone is interested in seeing them.
If you can post pics, I would really appreciate it. I could ask my sister to pick up a copy in Ontario if this is the case (and get a refund on my litho-less 2-discer from Target).
Old 04-04-06, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by PrivatePixel
If you can post pics, I would really appreciate it. I could ask my sister to pick up a copy in Ontario if this is the case (and get a refund on my litho-less 2-discer from Target).
Here are the pics of the Narnia tin:

Narnia Tin - Outside
Narnia Tin - Inside
Old 04-04-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I much prefer erotic Persian lithographs.
Old 04-04-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PrivatePixel

Comparing what's pictured in the Target ad as the free lithograph, it does look
like a third piece of concept art postcard. Right down to the white border
framing and film tile/font at the bottom beneath the artwork.
Old 04-04-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UDGuy
Here are the pics of the Narnia tin:

Narnia Tin - Outside
Narnia Tin - Inside
Very nice. Anyone know if us people in the states can pick up one of those anywhere?
Old 04-05-06, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Very nice. Anyone know if us people in the states can pick up one of those anywhere?
I second that motion!
Old 04-05-06, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Fair enough and I'm sorry if I came off as bitter but if you were told/shown wrong by this manager, then I'm gonna be ticked at cruel fate...no one here's fault, though, and I appreciate the initial warning--it was obviously well-intentioned no matter how this all comes out.

No problem, we're all trying to help eachother find the best deal and convey our experience to help others make a decision as to where to purchase there dvds.
Old 04-05-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

crap, i just purchased the 2-disc version from Target. guess i'll have to return it for the 1-disc version for the lithograph.

the futureshop tin sounds cool, too bad their sister stores here in the states don't carry it. anyone know if this can be ordered online?
Old 04-05-06, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by darmok
crap, i just purchased the 2-disc version from Target. guess i'll have to return it for the 1-disc version for the lithograph.
Whoa, whoa, whoa--you're prepared to give up everything on the 2-disc edition for a single production artwork postcard???
Old 04-05-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this movie isn't for me, anyway. so my call is either the 2-disc for $25 or the single disc with small bonus for $10 less. of course, the tin version would really be nice, but not an option here in NY.
Old 04-05-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darmok
this movie isn't for me, anyway. so my call is either the 2-disc for $25 or the single disc with small bonus for $10 less. of course, the tin version would really be nice, but not an option here in NY.

Keep the 2 disk, the second disk makes up for everything, especially a Litho that small.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.