Prison Break -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 04/03/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Prison Break -- "Brother's Keeper" -- 04/03/06

"Brother's Keeper" Episode #116.
Spoiler:
Flashbacks unveil how Lincoln, Sucre, T-Bag, C-Note and Dr. Sara ended up in prison and what drove Michael to plan his brother's escape.

Cast: Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Wade Williams, Amaury Nolasco, Peter Stormare, Robin Tunney, Marshall Allman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Stacy Keach, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, Patricia Wettig, Michelle Forbes, Camille Guaty, Danny McCarthy.
Producer(s): Paul Scheuring, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Matt Olmstead, Brett Ratner.

Original Airdate: April 3, 2006.
Old 04-03-06, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is a real good episode (saw a screener of it).
Old 04-03-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that. Great episode.
Old 04-03-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Previews made it look good.
Old 04-03-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Very good background ep.
Old 04-03-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Loved the T-Bag reveal.
Old 04-03-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad Abruzzi didn't get much backstory, but with Peter Stomare hitting it big with V-Dub, I guess his participation in this episode was limited to a snapshot in the newspaper.

V and Michael? Always knew there was something simmering between the two of them.

Had to laugh when Sara had to rebuff Bellick's advances, while getting a tip for work at the prison.

I guess the VP's brother has all his teeth extracted so the dental records of the corpse would match, which is why he now wears dentures.

Anyhow, really enjoyed the backstories.
Old 04-03-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
I guess the VP's brother has all his teeth extracted so the dental records of the corpse would match, which is why he now wears dentures.
I never even thought of that when I saw the dentures.
Old 04-03-06, 09:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good episode

Lincoln bumping into Sucre the night of the setup was a Lost moment

The Doc was still hot even as a junkie
Old 04-03-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sara looked a little preggers in her druggie days.
Old 04-03-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by MrX
Lincoln bumping into Sucre the night of the setup was a Lost moment
Im sorry, but it was implied in the first 3 episodes that Sucre and his girlfriend lived in NYC, and he was somehow in Illinois prison, while now they're all from Chicago?!?!?!

Plus how lazy was the dishonorable discharge scene?!?

It would have made sence for the military to conduct a full investigation, and some soilder cuts a deal and rats out the black market scheme, and (insert name I do not know here) gets taken down by an investigation he started.
Old 04-03-06, 11:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Im sorry, but it was implied in the first 3 episodes that Sucre and his girlfriend lived in NYC, and he was somehow in Illinois prison
How would that work?
Old 04-03-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked this episode.

It was great to get to know more about the past of each character.

The funniest was Bellick.
Old 04-04-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode didn't really connect with me. It was a great opportunity to round out the characters, but they didn't do it. Sara was the only character to really develop a fuller back story, and Bellick's inclusion was interesting. These guys are all in federal prison, but all but the evil t-bag are convicts with a heart of gold.

Some of the cliche's were taken to comical effect, so at least I got a few laughs. The Iraqi tourture and backstabbing by his commander was great. I also like how he put up a picture of his wife and kid in the truck while commiting a felony. Now that's a family man.
Old 04-04-06, 12:23 AM
Banned

Yeah, I find it kinda funny how, coincidentally, all these guys are actually GREAT guys who either got setup or had a bad twist of fate. Even T-bag was going to "change" apparently.
Old 04-04-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I thought this episode was a huge waste of time. It felt very rushed.
Old 04-04-06, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Good prequel. Gave me a little more background on everyone. Would have liked to have seen Sara getting caught shooting up at the hospital. Otherwise it was a pretty good episode. I'm surprised the creator of PB didn't write it.
Old 04-04-06, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopPit
Yeah, I find it kinda funny how, coincidentally, all these guys are actually GREAT guys who either got setup or had a bad twist of fate. Even T-bag was going to "change" apparently.
Yeah, it softened too many of the characters. I didn't care for that aspect at all.

But, it was still a pretty entertaining change of pace episode.
Old 04-04-06, 07:37 AM

I really liked the whole story as is, I hate it when they have these shows as flashbacks.

Originally Posted by MrX
The Doc was still hot even as a junkie
I wouldn't say no to having her as a morphine buddy. Shoot me up and I'll shoot you up, baby!
Old 04-04-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The only thing that interested me was the Doc's back-story. I could have cared less about the others. And now we know why Bellick is such a bitter man.

Completely unnecessary ep.
Old 04-04-06, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Out of state?

Originally Posted by Patman
Loved the T-Bag reveal.
Didn't T-Bag or someone say he killed 5-6 students out of state? If so, why is he still in Fox River?

Otherwise, it did feel a litle like Lost at times. Interesting mix of greys in everyone's background (black-market racketeer with heart of gold...).

Where was the DB Cooper background?

Wondering,
Smithsguy
Old 04-04-06, 08:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
What was Mike digging up at the cemetery?

Wouldn't a Doctor loose their license if they were addicted to drugs / stealing from the hospital?
Old 04-04-06, 08:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Didn't T-Bag or someone say he killed 5-6 students out of state? If so, why is he still in Fox River?

Otherwise, it did feel a litle like Lost at times. Interesting mix of greys in everyone's background (black-market racketeer with heart of gold...).

Where was the DB Cooper background?

Wondering,
Smithsguy
That bothered me as well, is it a Federal Pen, was that the reason he was doing time there?

Overall, a good ep, and I liked how they started to break down the tatoo build, that tatoo was crazy to figure out, this helps some. Also what were those three words that Michael was given, what do they mean?

Although this is part of the filler eps to stretch this out for the full season, it could have been included in the original concept. This builds some solid foundation for next year, as we now know who T-Bag is going to visit.
Old 04-04-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well clearly Sarah didn't get CAUGHT stealing from the hospital. I got the impression she quit after the incident to straighten her life out.

We don't know what Michael was digging up, that plus a few of the designs/codes we saw will surely come into play later. I thought it was an excellent episode, and seeing why Lincoln was into those guys for the 90G's was GREAT stuff.

The Sucre story was predictable, but I liked how Hector really fucked him over. T-bag was creepy as hell and clearly, if he gets out, he's probably going to pay Susan a visit...I'd be moving.

The Iraq story was the only one I didn't really care for, especially since they've made him out to be a badass, which he really isn't...like him better when he wasn't "sympathetic"... Was hoping they could have gotten Abruzzi in there, but I guess they did cram quite a bit into the hour...Seeing Terrance and the dentures was a great moment.

MATT
Old 04-04-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
I thought this was a good episode. I liked the backstories, and it makes you think of them a little differently, except for T-bag. Although, i think he was eyeing up the children.
The doctor one was a little out of left field though.

Don't forget that this was originally 13 episodes, then expanded. So, they have to come up with something that they weren't planning on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.