Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06, 05:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Big Love - "Eclipse" 4/02

"Eclipse"
Spoiler:
Bill seeks "clarity" after experiencing some unsettling dreams. Later, on a hunting trip with Ben, he gets the answer for which he's been searching. Barb gets a long-term teaching job, putting added pressure back home on Nicki and Margene. Nicki fends off her creditors, barely; Joey pays Bill a visit with some revealing news about Roman; Sarah is bailed out of a bad party by Heather, and Teenie bangs away the dragons during a lunar eclipse.
Old 04-02-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question, if its such a big secret about the three wives, and could destroy his business, why do the two broads at DEBS know the daughter 'has three moms'
Old 04-02-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I guess no one is watching anymore

$58,000!!!
Old 04-02-06, 11:53 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
I liked the suze orman bit, and I see how both guys are playing her against each other.

But 58K, holy shit, I guess she has no 'income' and seems to just spend like crazy on lands end and all that. Clearly the cash Roman gave her she just spent it, rather than use it to pay off debt.
Old 04-03-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode, especially loved the symbolism. The kid drooling and then the wolf drooling during the snarl was nice.
Old 04-03-06, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Is Sarah (daughter nee of Veronica Mars) gay?
Old 04-03-06, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I liked the suze orman bit, and I see how both guys are playing her against each other.

But 58K, holy shit, I guess she has no 'income' and seems to just spend like crazy on lands end and all that. Clearly the cash Roman gave her she just spent it, rather than use it to pay off debt.
maybe they should have shown her closets, but i can't figure out what she spent the money on by looking at the house. and how did bill not know?
Old 04-03-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Is Sarah (daughter nee of Veronica Mars) gay?
I was completely getting that same vibe after last episode.

I really like this show. It's about the only one I'm watching right now.

Nicky and her $60,000....wow! I loved the scene with her and Roman when he was about to call Bill. I actually felt sorry for her, she looked so sorry.

I can't wait for Bill to find out about Nicky's debt, there might be some clobbering on that ep.
Old 04-03-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really loving this show... I'm actually looking forward to it more than the Sopranos if you can believe that (although I still think that show is great as well).

The $58K was great, but I don't understand how she could spend that much and have it not be noticeable. She spent 7K on window treatments in the first episode and unless they haven't been installed yet, that would be something the other wives would definitely notice. I still can't figure out what Bill could have ever liked about Nicky, either. She gives me and my wife (singular) the creeps.

I didn't get a lesbian vibe from Sarah, I think she was just drunk. I guess cough syrup is the alcohol of choice in Utah.

Next week's episode looks great. May have to see if this is on HBO On demand early.
Old 04-03-06, 11:40 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I think she could spend the 60K easy enough, lets see how long she has been doing it, and I'd guess she spends about $200 per day with her catalog shopping stuff, and from the one ep we can see that she pays for the next day shipping.

She came back with bags from Gymboree, Coach, and The Gap. the kid's bday party was all stuff like weejun's and all brand names that appeal to the middle americans.
osh kosh etc.

I guess she must have a little secret store room.

Sarah, I kind of got the lesbian vibe, but also the whole wow there's a lot going on outside of here vibe, she seemed oddly into the couple with tat's.
Old 04-03-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Sarah, I kind of got the lesbian vibe, but also the whole wow there's a lot going on outside of here vibe, she seemed oddly into the couple with tat's.
I got the impression that it was the first time she'd ever seen someone dressed like that... although even living a super sheltered life you'd think she'd have been to a mall.
Old 04-03-06, 12:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Probably no Hot Topic beside Hendricksens Home and Garden
Old 04-07-06, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
So is the big faced chick from the Dynamite movie some undercover cop or something? What's with all the questions?
Old 04-07-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So is the big faced chick from the Dynamite movie
*slaps forehead* D'oh! That's where she is from. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 04-07-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Phil L.
*slaps forehead* D'oh! That's where she is from. Thanks for clearing that up.

She was also the little girl in "Corrina, Corrina" with Whoopie Goldberg and Ray Liota.
Old 04-07-06, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And she was in "Water World" (along with Jeanne Tripplehorn "Barb").
Old 04-07-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Six degrees of Big Face Girl.
Old 04-07-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mordred
I still can't figure out what Bill could have ever liked about Nicky, either. She gives me and my wife (singular) the creeps.
Part of me is wondering if there wasn't a deal or something struck between Bill and Roman about him marrying his daughter. Wasn't there a bit of dialogue between them a few episodes ago that alluded to something of that nature? I seem to remember it, but it might all be in my head.

Or maybe I'm just looking for some explanation cause I sure can't think of a reason either.
Old 04-07-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bill had to find a way to pay for medical bills for Barb, and it appears that Roman came through with the money, but Bill had to marry Nikki to seal the deal.
Old 04-07-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mordred
The $58K was great, but I don't understand how she could spend that much and have it not be noticeable. She spent 7K on window treatments in the first episode and unless they haven't been installed yet, that would be something the other wives would definitely notice. I still can't figure out what Bill could have ever liked about Nicky, either. She gives me and my wife (singular) the creeps.
Well her "crass materialism" has been called out more than once by her mother. She got the first credit card with her father co-signed. Once you establish good credit like that, you can start getting credit cards all over the place. Of course combined with Bill as her husband, her credit probably instantly improved (we know she has more card since she was on the phone trying to order something recently, had one card declined and had to use another card from a wallet FULL of them!). Credit card companies take a long while before they completely start harrassing you and cutting off your accounts as we saw Nicki dealing with this episode. Bill would never know if she nabs the bills out of the mail before he gets home (all three houses get their own mail). Clearly she's been doing this as she pulled out boxes and boxes of statements to calculate the total debt.

Did you not notice the HUGE party she threw for Wayne and then all the expensive gifts he got FROM HER!?!?!?

The truly irksome thing about this character is that she bitches about Barb taking a job and then she and Margene having to pick up the slack when SHE is independently driving the entire compound in to bankrupcy! She should be encouraging Barb to get a job (after all her kids are grown so no one has to take care of them!).

My suspicion is that Bill does love Nicki, but he mostly married her as part of an arrangement with Roman so Roman would co-fund the first store. Intersting that Roman is griping about money from the 2nd store when he basically stole all of Bill's father's fortune from right underneath him!

All of Nicki's financial missteps are definitely going to come to light if Bill tries to get financing for the 3rd store and learns he is in HUGE debt!

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-07-06 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-07-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I get the feeling Nicki has experienced some very special daddy/daughter bonding.
Old 04-07-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
All of Nicki's financial missteps are definitely going to come to light if Bill tries to get financing for the 3rd store and learns he is in HUGE debt!
Bill would technically not be responsible for Nicki's debt though, since they aren't "legally" marrried, correct?
Old 04-08-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I get the feeling Nicki has experienced some very special daddy/daughter bonding.
Well isn't that part of the controversy in the more extremist parts of the Faith? That the Fathers often end up having sex with some of their daughters.
Old 04-08-06, 01:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
I got the lesbian vibe from the daughter as well

$58,000
Old 04-08-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Well isn't that part of the controversy in the more extremist parts of the Faith? That the Fathers often end up having sex with some of their daughters.
I dont know about THIER daughters, but they often 'marry' single mothers, and then marry thier 'stepdaughters' when they turn around 14

The fact that these women marry old codgers makes them young widows with small children. A 30 year old widow with 4 daughters is looked at as potentially 5 wives to some of these dudes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.