Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bayside Shakedown Series

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Bayside Shakedown Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bayside Shakedown Series

I've already picked up the Korean release of Bayside Shakedown 1 and love it -- the Japanese release was unavailable everywhere I looked. Now I can see that the Japanese disk of #2 is still out but is it really that much better than the Korean disk or does it not matter too much in this case. None of these dvds show up in dvdcompare.net

Also, I can see that the TV episodes are available on DVD in a couple of releases but I can't see anything about subtitles. Would anyone happen to have any information on that?

thanks.
Old 04-01-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's also a spinoff movie called Kôshônin Mashita Masayoshi (Negotiator Mashita
Masayoshi) that was released to dvd in Japan in the past 6 months or so. Yes-Asia.com
carries it.
Old 04-02-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've read good stuff about that one but I'll wait till I've seen the second movie first.
Old 08-25-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I've seen the first 4 movies now (including Negotiator and Suspect) -- all excellent. Now I'm trying to figure out if the "Three Amigos" movie is available on dvd with subs and who I can bug about getting the tv box released in a subtitled version.
Old 08-28-06, 03:27 AM

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time.

Exactly how many movies and tv shows have been made?

I actually was able to find a fan English subbed DVD of the first TV series, has there been any more done?
Old 08-28-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Haven't seen anything yet. Apparently the "Three Amigos" movie (those 3 senior jokers at the office) was just a made for tv movie and so the DVD has no subs (no apparent plans for re-release either according to CD Japan.

The 4 major movies are all available subbed either on Korean or Japanese dvd (though it's pretty tough finding any version of the first movie - going OOP - maybe a rerelease coming).

The best bet for the TV show would seem to be to try getting A&E or ADV Films or someone like that to pick it up. It would be nice to at least get the original 12 ep series (that came before the first movie) -- that wouldn't be too hard for a single release by an anime company I figure (subs only, no dubs) - who knows.