Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Is I Heart Huckabees 2-disc EVER going to come down in price?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting a long time for the price to drop since it seems hard to justify spending $28 on a single movie, and I'd much rather have the 2-disc version, but the price isn't coming down at all. Is it going to just keep selling at the current price until all copies are sold?
Old 03-30-06, 10:09 AM

You can hope and pray for the Foxstore.com 50% off sale.
Old 03-30-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure it eventually will. It took over a year for Three Kings to drop in price and that was considered a moderate success.
Old 03-30-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have you checked out Retrodisc or Cheapo in Moorhead? They have a decent used selection.
Old 03-30-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i would have liked the special edition also, but just decided to go with the regular edition, not sure that best buy had the special edition when i was there. sooner or later it probably will, then again, it wasn't as mainstream so maybe they don't want to low the price.
Old 03-30-06, 04:01 PM

"Cult" special editions like Huckabees sometimes take a long time to come down in price since they figure that die-hard fans will pay the premium price and lowering it won't attract that many other buyers. The Fox sale which may or may not happen either this month or next (last year I think it was in May) would bring that down to $20 plus S&H. If I were you, I'd keep looking around for a price under $20 until then. Good luck.
Old 03-30-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some titles take forever to go down in list price...look at Parallax View and Medium Cool. I'm still waiting on The Last Detail and King of Marvin Gardens.
Old 03-30-06, 05:18 PM

NoirFan, Thanks a bunch. I have been wanting Medium Cool for quite awhile but the price kept me away. I had no idea it went down finally. Fantastic news and I ordered immediately from DDD. They have The Last Detail on Columbia House if you ever want to join. They cleared out King of Marvin Gardens unfortunately, glad I got it quickly when it was like $5.95 on Columbia House. Thanks again.
Old 03-30-06, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Have you checked out Retrodisc or Cheapo in Moorhead? They have a decent used selection.
Actually, I haven't because from my experience those places tend to have crappy prices. I'll have to go take a look.

Didn't think there were really any DVDTalk members in the Fargo-Moorhead area. It's cool to know there's at least one besides me!
Old 03-30-06, 08:25 PM

I finally broke down and got a decent ($18 shipped) deal on ebay on Huckabees 2-disc a month or two ago.

I'm still waiting on City of God to drop. I was hoping Constant Gardener might cause a re-release or price drop on it, but no luck.
Old 03-30-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cfloyd3
NoirFan, Thanks a bunch. I have been wanting Medium Cool for quite awhile but the price kept me away. I had no idea it went down finally. Fantastic news and I ordered immediately from DDD.
No problem. You should check out Parallax View as well - somewhat absurd but gripping political thriller from Alan Pakula, master of the conspiracy film.
Old 03-30-06, 09:12 PM

get it at a gamestop. they do not differentiate between the regular and 2-disc edition.
Old 03-31-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bis22
Actually, I haven't because from my experience those places tend to have crappy prices. I'll have to go take a look.

Didn't think there were really any DVDTalk members in the Fargo-Moorhead area. It's cool to know there's at least one besides me!
Well, they aren't great, but they aren't bad. If they get special editions usually they are reasonable, because they don't know what they have. I actually just sold a few things to retrodisc and they give decent prices, so at least they aren't giving people a dollar and then charging 25 for it.

Yeah, you have competition in Moorhead. I should change my location listing, as I am in Moorhead now.
Old 03-31-06, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts
If you have a multi-region player, the UK release is the special edition, you can pick it up a lot cheaper there.