Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House- "Clueless"- 3/28/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
House- "Clueless"- 3/28/06

Good episode. I love the fact that he had "Blackadder" on his Tivo. Now all we need is a Stephen Frye cameo.
Old 03-28-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It's the same color coming out as it was going in.

This episode was classic. And the scene between Cameron, House and the money was almost as good as House deciding to let Wilson stay at his place.
Old 03-28-06, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is one of the funniest eps yet. Loved the exchange between House & the maid about the wood box.
Old 03-29-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone fill me in on how it ends. Got a call in the most untimely manner. Go ahead and spoil away. Everything up to the exchange between House and the maid about the wood box.
Old 03-29-06, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts
Without getting into the detail that you will find in a Television Without Pity recap, House realized that the wife was poisoning her husband with a heavy metal (just as he suspected all along) --the metal being gold.

How? She has arthritis. And in Mexico (remember the trip to Cabo?) she got a prescription arthritis medication that has gold in it. Of course, House was completely familiar with this.

How'd he prove it? When House was child, he lived in Egypt, and learned about a substance that when mixed gold would turn purple. He had a bottle of that in his hidden treasure box.

He confronted the wife with the liquid on his hands, and rubbed hers, and her fingers turned purple.

Why'd she do it? House theorizes that she preferred murdering her husband to the prospect of admitting that their perfect marriage wasn't.

In the end:
The police came and took her away.
Cameron learned that having an incredibly happy marriage that mixes S/M role-playing and threesomes is, in fact, impossible. (And pays off the $100 bet with a role of bills that she has tucked in her thong.)
And House finds a way to keep playing Felix and Oscar with Wilson, without having to admit to Wilson that he wants him to stay.
Old 03-29-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
And House finds a way to keep playing Felix and Oscar with Wilson, without having to admit to Wilson that he wants him to stay.
but only because he makes great waffles
Old 03-29-06, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought House was just looking for his gold wedding band, and he needed that to rub on the wife's fingers to produce the purple coloration from her sprinkling whatever it was she was sprinkling on her husband's breakfast meal every morning (which is why he didn't want her to wash her hands).
Old 03-29-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I thought he was looking for the chemical that reacts with gold.

There were certainly some logic loopholes in the episode (unless it all took place on the same day, thus preventing the wife from using the restroom or showering for a day or two), but it was a great deal of fun.
Old 03-29-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great ep...loved the House/Wilson stuff and the Cameron Money shot had me drooling all over myself. House was looking for the chemical in the chest, and I got the impression that it was only about a day and half that went by...maybe she has to REALLY scrub to get the residue off her hands. Macadamia nut pancakes sound delicious....

MATT
Old 03-29-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Without getting into the detail that you will find in a Television Without Pity recap, House realized that the wife was poisoning her husband with a heavy metal (just as he suspected all along) --the metal being.
Thanks.
Old 03-29-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
unless it all took place on the same day, thus preventing the wife from using the restroom or showering for a day or two
house had mentioned that the dude should have been getting better, but was getting worse.. so the chick had to have been continueing to poison him the entire time he was in the hospital.
Old 03-29-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I watched the ending a little past my bedtime, so I probably got the vial of potion mixed up with what I thought was his wedding ring. Sorry for the confusion.

"You blow dry your hair???"
Old 03-29-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
house had mentioned that the dude should have been getting better, but was getting worse.. so the chick had to have been continueing to poison him the entire time he was in the hospital.
Correct. She could have even been putting it on her lips when she kissed him or continued to put it in his hospital food. However, the fact that he continued to worsen even prior to the initial medication indicated that she was trying to follow through on her plan. Also she was rather easily swayed to try the lupus and antiviral medications in lieu of the pursuit for the heavy metal poisoning since there were up to 90 for which they need to test the husband. She would probably have gotten rid of him long before they were able to find the proverbial "needle in the haystack".
Old 03-29-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
While that's what I was thinking originally, I got detoured into thinking he was getting worse because they just hadn't found the right cure. But then, the entire scene with House confronting her to "find what she was poisoning her husband with" kind of deterred me back to my original assumption. So I just wasn't quite sure.

Alas, it's nit picking, I love this show.
Old 03-31-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I love the fact that he had "Blackadder" on his Tivo.
lol, i missed that. that's funny.
Old 03-31-06, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With all of the "House is wrong" House is an idiot" BS and in the end BAM House is right going on like in this episode why hasn't House demanded that they quit or be fired for being wrong? House should have fired Cameron and made Cuddy quit for protecting the wife. If not that, he should just rub their noses in it.
Old 03-31-06, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I love House. I'm actually glad that AI interrupted House for several weeks, since now we'll get new eps week after week without any reruns.
Old 03-31-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

but only because he makes great waffles
It was Silver Dollar Pancakes, come on get it right
though i may have missed the waffle part.

House kinda reminds me the old Scooby Doo. On Scooby Doo every episode had them going agaisnt what they thought were ghosts. And every case it turned out to be a guy in a mask. You think they would just figure out it at the begining, "Hey its only a guy in a mask".
In "House", in every episode House figures out what is causing the illness, but no one believes him, but he always ends up being right. You would think they that Cuddy and the rest of the gang, would just say "Well House is right every other damn time this has happened, we might as well take his word for it."
Back to the subject at hand, great episode, loved the Cameron/money part.
Old 04-01-06, 10:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I liked it a lot and it was good to have this back.

The comic potential of Wilson and him as roommates is huge.
Old 04-01-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
There were certainly some logic loopholes in the episode (unless it all took place on the same day, thus preventing the wife from using the restroom or showering for a day or two)
She could've had it on her still. Remember, they didn't search all of her.
Old 04-01-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm, I must have been in a bad mood or something when I watched this episode, because I found it very boring. So boring that I mentally checked out of the episode and barely remember many of the "great moments" you are all referencing. It must have been me, because I seem to be the only person who thought this was unremarkable episode.

I usually love House, but this case was just boring to me. Seemed more like a CSI-mystery than a House ailment of the week. The whole motive and everything just seemed rather weak and tacked on.
Old 04-05-06, 12:15 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I just watched this ep, got caught up with other stuff. I loved the herpes husband and wife. Telling the husband that he got it from the toilet seat and he was all like yes that must be it.