Veronica Mars -- "The Quick and the Wed" -- 03/22/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-06, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "The Quick and the Wed" -- 03/22/06

"The Quick and the Wed"
Spoiler:
Wallace's new girlfriend enlists Veronica's help when her older sister appears to be a runaway bride, but the clues suggest foul play.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tessa Thompson, Kyle Gallner, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Charisma Carpenter, Harry Hamlin, Daran Norris, Michael Kostroff, Virginia Williams, Janora McDuffie, Valorie Curry , Danielle Vernengo , Gary Weeks, Stacy Edwards, Jessy Schram, Rick Peters, Mario Ardila Jr..
Director(s): Rick Rosenthal.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): John Serge.

Original Airdate: March 22, 2006.
Old 03-22-06, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to post that before the final episode I think he caused the bus crash:

sort of ot; does anyone else think that steve guttenberg is the one that caused the crash?
Spoilers for those that havent seen earlier episodes:
My theory: The first episode we see him arguining with the baseball player, I think its because the teacher was going to ruin the baseball players career and thus ruining the team. So he needed to take out the teacher.

Also earlier they said he told his daughter to not get on the bus and knew by putting a rat there they rich kids would get off and the teacher would be forced to stay.

who does everyone else think did it?
Old 03-22-06, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The explosive device was found in his hangar as well. I think that there has been a strong camp for Guttenberg as the cuplrit for a while now.
Old 03-22-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Being the overanalytical nut that I am, I have a hard time seeing it being Woody since there are too many signs pointing his way. With this many episodes to go, that'd have to be a red herring.
Old 03-22-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it this week or next week that the ad kids appear for an episode?
Old 03-22-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Being the overanalytical nut that I am, I have a hard time seeing it being Woody since there are too many signs pointing his way. With this many episodes to go, that'd have to be a red herring.
That's what I'm thinking too. They dropped the daughter's admission that he told her not to get on the bus like a bomb at the end of one episode. The only thing they haven't revealed is his possible motive. I don't think he would kill a bus full of school kids to protect one of his players.
Old 03-22-06, 12:36 PM

I don't think it is Woody either. There are too many eps left to start unraveling the mystery. Hopefulyy tonight the show will start to focus on the bus crash more and have less side cases.
Old 03-22-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since he hasn't been identified as a suspect yet, it could be him.
Old 03-22-06, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Since he hasn't been identified as a suspect yet, it could be him.
I think that by finding the evidence in the locker and the daughters statement about him not wanting her on the bus, it would be too easy for him to be guilty. I could be wrong. I am usually the last one to catch on to who the guilty party is on this show. Also why didn't Jackies dad just sell some of his cars ( if all the ones in the hangar are his) to pay off his debt. Maybe that would have left a paper trail to his gambling problem.
Old 03-22-06, 09:21 PM

It does seem way too obvious that it is Woody. Same with Terrence. I'm just gonna go out a limb and say Logan's missing mom!
Old 03-22-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was the longest re-cap I've ever seen on any television show...ever.
Old 03-23-06, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it was pretty intensive. Pretty good episode for the most part. Glad to see Cliff back again, as he is my favorite supporting character. Vinnie was around as well.
Old 03-23-06, 06:57 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

One of the few veronica mars episodes i did not like that much. still better than most shows on tv. the woman, heidi, who ran off who was supposed to get married was just not likeable. I know this is a girl power show that guys like to but ... she was a slut bag whore. How can she be offended at what her fiance did who she is pretending to be all innocient and nice and in reality she is hiding her rock groupie past. If she had been honest with him before 2 years into their relationship i would have had sympathy for her. If her friend was saying at the bachelorette party how she was hiding her wild side. she was gold digger. and not that good looking.

By the way as an attorney i can say in new jersey, an engagement ring is a conditional gift upon marriage. regardless of fault if the couple does not marry the engagement ring must be returned. legally anyway. and if i found out that my girlfriend was hiding having sleep with 100 guys and ran off at the first sign of trouble to be with her ex boyfriend, forget Miss Manners i would want the ring back.
Old 03-23-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MvRojo
No kidding. Plus they had about an additional minute or so of recap with the "tinsle town" show. And the sad part is there really wasn't much of a payoff for it. Usually they just "Previously on" plotlines that are going to be extended in that episode so I was expecting some huge plot development, but it didn't really happen.

Also, Logan better have run over a pre-schooler off camera, because I' not buying his dramatic proclomation at the end is because of his guilt over playing Hanna. Sure he may feel guilty, or maybe not, but if he does I don't think he would run to Veronica about it.
Old 03-23-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
Just wanted to post that before the final episode I think he caused the bus crash:

sort of ot; does anyone else think that steve guttenberg is the one that caused the crash?
Spoilers for those that havent seen earlier episodes:
My theory: The first episode we see him arguining with the baseball player, I think its because the teacher was going to ruin the baseball players career and thus ruining the team. So he needed to take out the teacher.

Also earlier they said he told his daughter to not get on the bus and knew by putting a rat there they rich kids would get off and the teacher would be forced to stay.

who does everyone else think did it?
I know he is about 20 years older than in the pic above but on the V.M's episode he doesnt seem to have his eyebrows anymore or maybe he is plucking them too much.
I didnt think the episode was that great either. Maybe I am spoiled because I watched the first season all within 3 weeks but this season isn't as clever or well written as last season.
I'm getting real tired of the Deputy. Talk about a one note character.
Bring back Deputy Leo!
Old 03-23-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, yeah, even though the "Tinsle Town" show was mostly further recap stuff it was pretty cool to see a shot of Harry Hamlin in Clash of the Titans as part of Arron Eckolls' movie reel.
Old 03-23-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The one thing that I didn't like about the extended recap was that it put some doubt in that Aaron is not the real killer of Lilly Kane. Is this still an open angle there that I am not aware of? It mentioned nothing of him trying to burn Veronica alive inside of a trunk, nor did it confirm that the tapes of him and Lilly were real, only having him mention that the prosecutors couldn't produce them. It made it seem that he mightn't actually be the killer.

I fully expect to see Lisa Rinna dancing back on to the screen again, probably next season (if CW picks it up).
Old 03-23-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they were just trying to push the possiblity that he could get off because Logan destroyed the evidence. It also may have something to do with Why Aaron had Charisma Carpenter collect a hair sample from logan, at least that's what I assume she was doing.
Old 03-23-06, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by sabre
By the way as an attorney i can say in new jersey, an engagement ring is a conditional gift upon marriage. regardless of fault if the couple does not marry the engagement ring must be returned. legally anyway. and if i found out that my girlfriend was hiding having sleep with 100 guys and ran off at the first sign of trouble to be with her ex boyfriend, forget Miss Manners i would want the ring back.
You know, for a show that plays around with felonious activity of the absurdly rich, it seems like the producers have never heard of lawyers.

First there's the wrong-headed idea Duncan Kane would have trouble keeping his child and now there's the ignoring of the ring ownership.
I love the show, but it's getting mentally sloppy.
Old 03-23-06, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sabre
By the way as an attorney i can say in new jersey, an engagement ring is a conditional gift upon marriage.
As a law student gearing up to take the bar exam this summer, I can say that the law of New Jersey has nothing to do with the law in a fictional place called Neptune.

I liked the episode, but I'm a huge fan of Vinny. He and Veronica bounce off of each other extremely well.
Old 03-23-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the whole reason that the family didn't go to the lawyers was that they wanted to do things "proper." It didn't matter that they could get the ring back through the law; they needed her to back out so they could feel morally/socially right.
Old 03-23-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I didn't much like this week's episode all that much, but I did enjoy VM's reaction to being called a barista by the runaway bride.

Logan is really getting into the deep end of the pool once again.

Hey, a Wallace sighting!

Vinnie and Veronica - has nice ring to it for another kind of P.I. show, eh?

Beave has something up his sleeve, even with Kendal's name on all the documents (like leaving her holding the bag when it's not a good time to be having her name on the financial records).
Old 03-23-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
I thought the whole reason that the family didn't go to the lawyers was that they wanted to do things "proper." It didn't matter that they could get the ring back through the law; they needed her to back out so they could feel morally/socially right.
I think that's a big part of it, too.
Old 03-23-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
It also may have something to do with Why Aaron had Charisma Carpenter collect a hair sample from logan, at least that's what I assume she was doing.
I assumed it was a Duncan hair sample. The pictures of Duncan and Veronica in the room that Kendall passed as she went into the bathroom led me to believe that was Duncan's room.
Old 03-24-06, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by MvRojo
Hell yes. It just kept going on and on and on. I'm assuming they're trying to cater to the brand new viewers who don't have a clue what's going on to try and get higher ratings.

Originally Posted by wmansir
Also, Logan better have run over a pre-schooler off camera, because I' not buying his dramatic proclomation at the end is because of his guilt over playing Hanna. Sure he may feel guilty, or maybe not, but if he does I don't think he would run to Veronica about it.
I dunno, I thought they were playing up Logan's isolation and the fact that everyone out there thinks he did it and is against him (kids spitting in his face, come on!) and Hannah defended him to her mother which is probably the first time someone's been on his side for a long while. So when she suggested they have sex, he wanted to because he felt shitty about himself and wanted to be with the seemingly only person who'll stand up for him. His face said it all for me.

That being said I hope it's just a red herring, because romancing her is one thing, but sleeping with her is, to me, a whole nother ball game.

Loved having Cliff back - "I've asked around and I hope this isn't news to you, but: no one likes you." and the "I'll be wearing my 'I'm with stupid' shirt".

And I always love having Vinnie in an episode, he's always so skeevy and I love how he revels in it.

Cassidy is up to no good, and I can't wait to find out what he's got in store for Kendall. Speaking of her, making it deal with Aaron? Hmmm, looks like they're going to try and frame Duncan for Lilly's murder? But wouldn't they be able to tell that the hair she took was recent? I dunno.

I liked this episode, especially the twist at the end where it was the husband-to-be trying to get rid of her. I was wondering why he seemed so glib about her not being there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.