Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Blood Sport: ECW's Most Violent Matches'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Randy Miller III's DVD review of Blood Sport: ECW's Most Violent Matches at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20558 and...

regarding the audience chants, having not seen the original matches (just via the dvd), nothing seemed cut out. i don't think wwe/ecw has the rights to the mass transit footage. Its a fan cam shot, and rf video currently owns the rights.
i hope for the next collection of ecw dvds, they contain the "night the line was crossed" which was Shane Douglas, Sabu, and Terry Funk in the first ever 3 way dance, that went the full hour time limit. also, some of the more sick dives from the balcony.

if you can ever get a chance, try to find a dvd called "forever hardcore" as that dvd has interviews with most of the big non wwe employed wrestlers, and most of the dvd seems more real in their responses then the "rise and fall" dvd. the only problem with "forever" is that there is very rarely footage, since the dvd is not authorized by wwe.
Old 03-10-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have the OOP Pioneer DVDs to compare anymore, but I seem to remember a bit more vocal "crowd participation" in a few of these matches. After the changing of several entrance themes (and WWE's habit of edited past crowd segments, as in "One Night Stand"), it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd also like to see tons more stuff, like the Shane Douglas/2 Cold match and more Sabu stuff. As for the "Mass Transit" footage, I honestly doubt we'd ever see that---it just stuck out as one of the most infamously violent moments in ECW's history. Same goes for that one spot where Terry Saturn cracked his head really bad, which gave him that eye problem.

Thanks for the recommendations, by the way. Are they like the RF Video shoot interviews?
Old 03-10-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have not seen any of the rf video shoot interview videos, so i couldn't tell you, the "forever hardcore" dvd, is supposed to be like a companion piece to "rise and fall" with interviews from funk, sabu, shane, sandman new jack, raven, ect.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
regarding the mass transit incident, while new jack is a little nuts, the kid kind of deserved it. if you search under "mass transit ecw" you'll find it on google.
Old 03-11-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

hmmm... was watching "Blood Sport" today. The crowd DID seem quiet to me compared to other ECW DVDs. I noticed that before reading this thread.

And I noticed a couple censorship "bleeps" at the end of the Funk/Sabu barbed wire match.
Old 03-11-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh and I just saw the Mass Transit incident a couple weeks ago. I didn't think it was THAT bad. I mean, it was bad and there was alot of blood, but I've seen worse. Maybe it was just the video quality, but I've seen Vince McMahon himself bleed just as much (or almost as much) on two occasions. (Survivor Series vs the Undertaker and when Zach Gowen hit him with the chair and busted him up the hard way).

What was more upsetting than the blood was the kid's father freaking out.
Old 03-11-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, but when you have 1000 blood thirsty ecw fans, they pretty much drowned him out. What made it bad, was how deep the kid supposingly got cut and that new jack beat the shit out of him after "the cut"(due to the piss poor quality of the video, i couldn't tell). Also, if you want to see a real sick fall, on the "forever hardcore" documetnary, it shows new jack throwing vic grimes off a 40 foot scafold onto several tables in the ring (he actually overthrows him slightly, so he hits a few tables, and then he hits the ropes, and flings back into the ring.
Old 03-12-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I saw that. What was even more sick was New Jack's reaction and comments about it! That is one scary guy! I hope I never run into him in a dark alley!