Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Price on X-Files DVD Box Set (1st Editions / CE)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although the $49.99 MSRP of the new X-Files box sets is appealing, I would still like to own the original nine seasons in their Collector's Edition packaging.
I only have the first two seasons and was hoping someone could suggest the best place, pref. B&M to pick up the remaining 7. Are these going out of print? I see that Borders B&M only stocks the Collector's Edition versions but they still have the $99 price point. I had heard Best Buy has the CE versions available for the $49 price - is this still the case? I guess eBay and Half are other options but i'd prefer to purchase from B&M. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Glen / [email protected]
Old 03-09-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rusty,

I'd definitely check out the price search on this board. It's helpful and will help out the dvdtalk site. It's under 'price search' on the menu above. I'm not sure how much help anyone will actually be in the bargain forum b/c this is usually where bargains are posted, not asked about...

The last I heard, Best Buy and Sams were the best Brick-and-Mortar stores to get these at... good luck, and welcome to the site!
Old 03-09-06, 09:49 AM

If you have a Suncoast or Sam Goody store that's closing in your area, you might want to try them as they are now discounting at 40% off list prices. It's probably going to be hit or miss, however, as these store liquidations progress.
Old 03-09-06, 08:29 PM

I know that my Best Buy had marked down the original sets a little before the slimcase editions came out. You might still be able to find them as long as they have them in stock. I wanted the slimcase editions (because I don't really like having to balance my DVD case after I fold out the set), so I didn't see if they had the originals or not. It will probably be easier to find the last 6 seasons in the original packaging because the slimcase editions aren't released yet. But because they aren't released, the prices haven't come down (at least on the last 3 seasons...haven't checked on the middle 3 recently). But if they aren't marked down, yet, you might be able to find them in the next few weeks since the slimcase edition comes out March 28. But if you wait too long, I doubt the original cases will be around long unless you find them used.
Old 03-10-06, 12:08 AM

I'm also curious about this. The $800 set on Amazon says it contains 59 discs, but I've also heard of a 63-disc version. I don't really care about packaging, though I would like to purchase all the discs available. What's my best bet? How many discs are there?
Old 03-11-06, 04:32 PM

I just got back from Costco in Phx, AZ and they had every season in the original release packaging for $43.99 per season. I bought all the seasons as they originally came out. I went through all of them and I counted 59 discs. Seasons 1-4 had 7 discs, 5-8 had 6 discs, and 9 had 7 discs. Good luck on finding them.