Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

When will X-Box 360 be easily available to public?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-08-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

What the heck is going on with the folks at Microsoft? Are they bringing new shipments with a dog sled or something? This damn machine is never available in any retail store. Only on a rare occasion, Best Buy or Ciricuit City will get like 5 units and sell out within an hour. Folks are buying those few units and selling them on Ebay for 800-1000 bucks!! C'mon, it's a fricking video game machine! My question is are the folks at Microsoft not giving a sh--- about the demand for the machine? You would think that if there is high demand for the X-Box 360, which there obviously is, they would want to call the folks in their China plants and double, maybe even quadruple production so that the public will be satisfied.
Old 03-08-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you talking about? The launch was a total success! They sold out of all 230 units they made!
Old 03-08-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
LOL! Seriously, it's coming to a point where I don't give a sh-- about this machine anymore.
Old 03-08-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha that's frickin hilarious... 230 units... classic
Old 03-08-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
What the heck is going on with the folks at Microsoft? Are they bringing new shipments with a dog sled or something? This damn machine is never available in any retail store. Only on a rare occasion, Best Buy or Ciricuit City will get like 5 units and sell out within an hour. Folks are buying those few units and selling them on Ebay for 800-1000 bucks!! C'mon, it's a fricking video game machine! My question is are the folks at Microsoft not giving a sh--- about the demand for the machine? You would think that if there is high demand for the X-Box 360, which there obviously is, they would want to call the folks in their China plants and double, maybe even quadruple production so that the public will be satisfied.
This could probably have gone in the other thread. But oh well.

If this was posted in November, December, or maybe even January I'd concede your point. But no way are 360s going for 800-1000 bucks on ebay, and while not exactly easy to find on the shelf, shipments are becoming more plentiful. There was a statement from Microsoft saying that they would meet demand soon. They're not just doing this to screw with the customer, they're trying to make as many as possible. Those Chinese can only work so fast, you know? I mean, sure there are a lot of them, but still...

There is the remote possibility that Microsoft has the capacity, but just hadn't thought of doubling or even quadrupling production before, so maybe send them an email.
Old 03-08-06, 06:32 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's an entire thread for this already.