Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Storing audio/video components

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were currently in the process of moving, we just put our house up for sale.
My wifes been watching some home selling shows and they recommend how you should try and make the rooms look as large as possible, and so we rented a storage space to eliminate some clutter.
A show she caught on sunday said to also rid the rooms of audio and video stuff, so the big screen and my components have got to go, and being in a chicago suburb will the cold temperatures hurt the components and the 61" rear projection tv as were a few months away from the move.

Last edited by psxfan2; 03-07-06 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-07-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait until your wife watches the shows where they don't want this sort of stuff in your house even AFTER the move. You know. The one where they take all the belonging in the house out onto the driveway just to sort out everything the guy owns into the "give away/garage sale" pile

Fucking Mission Organization.
Old 03-07-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like the only thing left is for her to watch one of those shows about divorce. Seriously, if a guy comes to look at the house, the TV will HELP sell it, not the other way around. Take your pants back.

Cold shouldn't hurt DVD players, receivers, etc. as long as you don't fire them up with condensation inside. Let them warm up a bit in the new house. Heat would be worse than cold. Not sure about the TV, though. Plastic screen and whatnot.
Old 03-07-06, 11:56 AM

Whoa wait a minute, you've got my wife all wrong, this is just a temp thing, once the house is sold and were in our new home the stuff goes back into the family room.

In fact I'll finally have a basement and it's all mine, so my video game systems and five 4x8 tables for my slot car tracks (3 for HO and 2 for my 1/32 stuff I've been buying here and there) will be up and running again.
Old 03-07-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Repack them in the original boxes if you have them. If not just get some boxes and bubble wrap and pack them up and tape the boxes shut to keep out dust.
Old 03-08-06, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I've had stuff stored in my garage for years, and they always came out working fine. DVD players, cd players, and a VCR. I've never stored a tv in the cold, so I can't say for that.