Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Here Come the Brides 5/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Here Come the Brides 5/16

Boy, this is a blast from the past. Sony releasing first season of this on 5/16. Haven't seen it since it first aired but sure remember it. The theme song "Seattle" was a hit and on the radio a thousand times a day. Took place in Seattle during late 19th century. David Soul, Bobby Sherman and (can't think of first name) Brown are the Bolt brothers, Joshua, Jeremy and Jason. Lumber is the primary industry and they own a mountain that's a gold mine of trees just waiting to be cut down. The problem? Can't find enough men to work for them because none will stick around because there's no women in town. Except for Joan Blondell who owns the saloon. Mark Lenard(Sarek) is the bad guy. He want's to buy Bolt Mountain for the lumber potential but the Bolts won't sell. In order to get men to stay in town to lumberjack the mountain the Bolts go to San Francisco and bring back a boatload of women. While the Bolts are gone the other men built them a dormitory to live in. After the Bolts return with the women Jason(Brown) and Lenard make a bet. Jason bets that all the men and women will be married off in a year, if he loses Lenard gets Bolt Mountain. Can't believe I can remember this much about a show I haven't seen in 35 years.