Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

King Kong (2005) Review!!!

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to the first review of Peter Jackson's King Kong on DVD...

http://www.upcomingdiscs.com/dvd_rev...re=date_posted

Enjoy!
Old 03-07-06, 11:52 AM

Good stuff, now just need a review of that 2nd disc....
Old 03-07-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
From the forum FAQ:

Links to reviews written by you or written for a site you are affiliated with:
Normally, this kind of behavior will earn you a permanent suspension from our forums. Using our site for free advertising is explicitly against our forum rules. HOWEVER, the special nature of this forum has prompted us to create an exception:

If you write reviews for another site, or would like to post reviews written for your site, we ask three things.
  1. Don't just come here to post your reviews. This is a fun place with interesting people. Take part in the community, don't just look at our members as potential affiliate fees and click throughs. If you don't care about our members, we don't care about you. Let's not waste each other's time. Thanks.
  2. Don't do too many at once. Doing that looks like spam and will be treated accordingly.
  3. Post a mini-summary of your review along with your link. For example:
    So-so movie, better if you're really into standard romantic comedies. Video/Audio transfer is terriffic as you'd expect for a recent theatrical release, though not without a glitch here and there. Special Features are mostly filler with one really decent featurette. link
    We don't expect you to give away the store, but give our members the option of deciding whether they want to read more or not.

Please understand that we appreciate the hard work that goes into creating a good DVD review, and we also understand wanting as many people as possible to read it. But a lot of work goes into making sure our members are able to enjoy these forums, and a lot of money goes into paying for this bandwidth too. We think the above is a good compromise and one that has worked here for a couple years now. Thank you for your cooperation.
Posting links to your own reviews is okay, but please post a summary or something meaningful rather than just a spam-ish link.
Old 03-07-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry about that...

"King Kong is not just a good film for it’s effects, it is a good film for the story it presents all while packing in the necessary ingredients of an amazing time at the theater. While the DVD doesn’t really come packed with amazing features (check out the 2-Disc Edition to fill that part), the DVD boasts very nice picture and equally good audio. If you are a fan of the film, or haven’t seen the film, trust me in this when I say please do yourself the favor of at least renting this visual and cinematic masterpiece. The day’s of a heart-warming, moving, beautiful film are back."
Old 03-08-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-08-06, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Old 03-08-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
No apostrophes?
Old 03-09-06, 02:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
King Kong was not that good what i expected out of it. special effects could have been better in the movie. looked more of a playground than a city.
Old 03-09-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish King Kong was nominated for best picture, It was my favorite film of the year
Old 03-09-06, 04:09 PM
Banned

I want to know what the deal is with the new edit.

if they cut out enough of Jack Black, I'd buy it. The rest was great. He just ruined it completely for me.
Old 03-15-06, 03:11 AM
JM1

I picked up an early R1 release copy of this in the
Old 03-15-06, 03:21 AM
JM1

I received an early R1 release copy of this in the UK on Monday (we sometimes get import copies very early...no idea why).

Watched the movie last night, pretty much enjoyed it as much as first time around, Pic is excellent, sound is very good, though I would not say it knocked my socks off. Had to watch it quite late so could not have my system too loud so perhaps that's not a fair judgement.

No deleted scenes or commentary this time round, no doubt that will come on the UE. Someone mentioned a new edit, not sure if this version is suppose3d to be re edited but I did not notice any differences.

Had a scan through the docs, there is about 2.5 hours of production diaries, which are different to the ones that were released previously, and are pretty detailed covering most aspects of the shoot, from the conception right up to the premieres.

There are two further docs, one on the creation of Skull Island, and another on what I assumed was going to be the recreaction of 30's New York, but actually turns out to be more of a factual documentary about the depression. There may be more detailed stuff about the New York recreation in the diaries but I did not go through all of them.

This is just a kind of first impressions thing, obviously not meant to be a detailed review or anything.
Old 03-16-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
from the looks of it, the first disc is 2 sided right?
Old 03-19-06, 05:27 AM
JM1

Kong

Nope, the whole movie is on disc one, plus two short trailers. All the rest is on disc two.