Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

brak show season 2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brak show season 2?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be a Brak Show season 2 dvd any time soon. thanks.
Old 02-28-06, 05:50 PM

I believe I remember reading on the adultswim boards that it should be coming around July. There is not an exact release date yet, but this was according to someone who posted with info obtained from some source at the network. Hopefully it is true.
Old 02-28-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by fliggil
I believe I remember reading on the adultswim boards that it should be coming around July. There is not an exact release date yet, but this was according to someone who posted with info obtained from some source at the network. Hopefully it is true.
I hope that is true too. It was starting to worry about some of my favorite Adultswim shows not getting their next seasons. Maybe they will. I hope.
Old 07-24-06, 10:53 AM

Didn't see anything else mentioning this, but Brak Vol. 2's original release date of August 15th has now been, believe it or not, BUMPED UP to August 8th. Happy to close up this series, I think the latter episodes were a bit better than those in the first volume.
Old 08-08-06, 03:08 PM

this dvd was released today 8/8

unfortunately in comes in a white standard amaray case as opposed to the nice digipack of the last release
Old 08-08-06, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jason One
That sounds good to me. I'm tired of fragile cardboard boxes.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get this, but fliggil's right about the later episodes being better. "Splat" was great.

its not so much that i;m against the amaray case (although i do generally enjoy digipacks) its just that the series now lacks continuity in its packaging...

cardburkey is my fav ep
Old 08-08-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They changed the case on Sealab 2021 Season 4 too, so I fear that's their new thing. I am not against keep cases, but when I already have several seasons of a show, I hate when they completely change the cases. It looks poor.

That said, I am glad to finally have season 2 of Brak. I love this show so much.
Old 08-08-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How is the final episode of Brak Show done on the DVD? IIRC, it was done as part of a marathon Adult Swim night, and had a lot of sketches between other shows. I especially hope that Brak & Meatwad's Pulp Fiction theater is on the disc.
Old 08-08-06, 11:38 PM

Although I don't own any of the Adult Swim titles on DVD, I am always impressed with the cover art each compilation has (despite the quality concerns mentioned above). Just flipping through this week's Best Buy circular, I thought the covers for the new SeaLab and Brak collections were really cool. That is all.
Old 08-09-06, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
How is the final episode of Brak Show done on the DVD? IIRC, it was done as part of a marathon Adult Swim night, and had a lot of sketches between other shows. I especially hope that Brak & Meatwad's Pulp Fiction theater is on the disc.
i haven't gotten a chance to check it out....i'll report back tomorrow after i look into it
Old 08-09-06, 11:24 AM

Very, VERY disappointing.

I'm a fan of the show and thought Volume 1 was very well done, but #2 was pushed out the door with minimal artwork, no liner notes (insert), static pictureless menus and the real kicker: NO EXTRAS! Absolutely none. It seems as though AS couldn't wait to get this out the door and over with.

I love the content of the shows on this final volume and had high hopes for the inclusion of interviews, commentaries, bumpers -- Dad's Halloween intro for Splat, the Bashingtons outro for Cardburkey, etc. -- ...something to tie up the end of the series. What do we get? Utter contempt by the studio for their own property and its fans. Someone in charge obviously despises this show.

Sorry folks, I've just never been angered by a DVD release before now. I guess I should be thankful that Volume 2 wasn't abandoned completely.