Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Final 20: Girls Edition -- 02/28/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will go home after tonight's performance?
Ayla Brown
3.33%
Brenna Gethers
70.00%
Heather Cox
41.11%
Katherine McPhee
5.56%
Kinnik Sky
44.44%
Mandisa
1.11%
Melissa McGhee
3.33%
Paris Bennett
1.11%
Lisa Tucker
1.11%
Kellie Pickler
2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Pick the two girls that will go home Thursday night.
Old 02-28-06, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks, who'll emerge as the biggest camera whore in tonight's episode?
Old 02-28-06, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Okay, let's get down to brass tacks, who'll emerge as the biggest camera whore in tonight's episode?

That's easy........Ryan Seacrest!
LOL
Old 02-28-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
without doing something BIG, brenna and kinnik would be on my chopping block
Old 02-28-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
without doing something BIG, brenna and kinnik would be on my chopping block
+1.
Old 02-28-06, 09:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I voted for the wheezer (Heather Cox) and the geezer (Kinnik Sky).
Old 02-28-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Katherine mcphee =
Old 02-28-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good bye Kinnik and Brenna
Old 02-28-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Good bye heather cox and brenna
Old 02-28-06, 11:45 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Heater and Brenna for me.

Next week it'll be Kinnick and either Ayla or Melissa.
Old 02-28-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Brenna and Kinnik both suck.
Old 02-28-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Kinnik probably will be eliminated after tonights performance, although I have a sneaking suspicion that she should be eliminated after TOMORROW nights performance
Old 02-28-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Kinnik probably will be eliminated after tonights performance, although I have a sneaking suspicion that she should be eliminated after TOMORROW nights performance
Are you suggesting Kinnik is a man ?
What gives you that idea ?

Old 02-28-06, 02:09 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by Struz
Are you suggesting Kinnik is a man ?
What gives you that idea ?

[austin powers]
Oh behave!!

[/austin powers]
Old 02-28-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While I agree that Brenna should go, this isnt't the time. There's still plenty of worse singers out there (and better).

Like Micalah Gordon from last year, I think Brenna will make it to the final 12, but not much further (maybe 9 or 10). For those of you voting for her to go before even seeing the show - do you honestly think that her voice is that much worse or are you voting based on her personality? And her personality (with some singing quality) will carry her through the month or so to come.

As for who I'd like to see go after seeing the show tonight... it's still four hours away. I'll vote later.
Old 02-28-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
do you honestly think that her voice is that much worse
yep
ive thought she sucked the entire time, and that she gets through because of the attitude..
the only one out of the final 12 chicks that was worse than brenna, was stevie.. and she is gone
kinnik also blows, but i could see her slipping by for one more week
Old 02-28-06, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Katherine Mcphees =
Old 02-28-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you'll see a lot more of Katherine, I think she could make it to the final three or four (with a shot at winning). Incrediblely good voice.
Old 02-28-06, 06:45 PM

There is a rumor that Katherine quit, guess we'll find out if there is any truth to it. Brenna is gone for sure then it gets hard. I'll go with another semi-upset with Melissa McGhee also going too.
Old 02-28-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
I think you'll see a lot more of Katherine
No doubt, she's showing cleave tonight!
Old 02-28-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, Heather Cox was pretty horrible...
Old 02-28-06, 07:39 PM

Katharine:
Boring song choice, never had a run in the whole song that could show off her talents. But one talent did shine and that was her looks, she got the pimp slot and will fly to the next round, disappointed in her though. Way to push one of their golden children with Kellie getting some more of the funny, goofy type of personality that pushes votes her way for no good reason but to shove her down our throats.

Kinnik:
She showed a fun side that she thought would make Randy say, "we got a hot one here". She was average, but w/o a backstory she's in huge trouble now. Even if Kellie sucks tonight (which there is a good chance) her story will get her past the next round, she doesn't have that so she's on the fence right now.

Lisa:
Showing some nice cleavage tonight. She's awesome and will be top 6 for sure. Those eyebrows disturbed me like no other when she sings. She put the other 2 performers to shame with that, but that isn't saying much.

Heather:
She has 0 camera time the whole preseason and that will hurt her, but last week she shined. Fox has obviously chosen their top 6 girls with, kath, paris, lisa, mandisa, kellie, ayla. She needs to fight like hell because people won't vote on her just based on personality and backstory like others. She is safe thurs, but she will fight like hell to compete with Ayla and Mandisa next week to make it to the final six. She deserves it and she should be there over Kellie/Mandisa/Ayla, and I think she'll sneak into the six over Ayla.

Heather:
She should have been gone last week. Kinnik should be doing a backflip right now, I haven't seen Brenna yet, but she's gone with her, but that is almost predetermined already.

Brenna:
I don't care what anybody says, if she had a good personality and was humble everybody would say wow, she's pretty as hell. But with this diva type of attitude, every man would say she's cute but not marriage material. She is probably the 2nd best looking besides Katharine.

They edited her song like hell, my god, she had wayyyyyyyyyyy less time than others tonight. What a shock, I knew this before the show that Brenna was gone, then it was Kinnik vs Heather. See ya.

Paris:
Showed off her grandma while she was singing, which just connects the audience to her because we have a backstoruy. Heather didn't have that, so it was all on her and just her the whole time.

I hate this fox pumping emotional, things you can connect with, into the the people. When they showed her grandma while she sang (not her mom/dad mind you) it instantly brought me back to her auditions and how she cried and was thankful that she got passed the next round. I'm not going to vote tonight, but that is a caculated thing that fox does to generate votes. Besides that, she was decent, and I LOVE LOVE her talking voice, she is cute and she will fly to the next round.

She is one of the chosen one, but unlike a lot of them that they push on us, I like her. She will be top 3, with Ace and maybe Kath/Lisa/Mandisa/Taylor in the mix too, it's pretty predictable.

Ayla:
One of the chosen 6, here we go. There is 5 spots to the girls that are SET IN STONE. It's her vs Heather I guess to get #6. Wow, she might actually deserve to be there. If Heather doesn't blow her away next week, she's going to go and Heather is gone.

Kellie:
Doing the nieve girl who came from nothing, to all of this. I hate her, but she sang the right song choice, they are pushing her like Carrie last year. Again I must say, Heather had 000000 time throughout the whole competition and if she did the same thing, it would be good, you were hot, but not a buzz. But because fox set it all up, she has a HUGE fan base, and will sail. I hated Carrie, I love Vonzelle but my god I hope they don't push Kellie like Carrie cause I'd even admit she isn't in her leauge.

Pick Pickler??!? How about Fuck Pickler, that is my new website http:://fuckpickler.com cause if she didn't have her backstory she wouldn't even come CLOSE to the final 12. I shouldn't even watch the auditions anymore cause they have chosen the top 24 with the ppl who they show on t.v.

Mandia:
If she was 300+ pounds and white, my god she would have been gone last week. Before last weeks show, I thought she'd be top 2 cause she has vocal range. Her weight + backstory will get her to the top 8, after that, she's as good as gone.

Ace/Chris/Taylor/Paris/Lisa/Kath is set in stone with with the top 6, there is one more, it may be Mandisa with the last spot.

Last edited by xx2000xx; 02-28-06 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-28-06, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by xx2000xx
Heather:
She has 0 camera time the whole preseason and that will hurt her, but last week she shined. Fox has obviously chosen their top 6 girls with, kath, paris, lisa, mandisa, kellie, ayla. She needs to fight like hell because people won't vote on her just based on personality and backstory like others. She is safe thurs, but she will fight like hell to compete with Ayla and Mandisa next week to make it to the final six. She deserves it and she should be there over Kellie/Mandisa/Ayla, and I think she'll sneak into the six over Ayla.
you REALLY think Mandisa is gonna have to fight for the top 6....cuz I think she does NOT need to fight to get to the top 6. I believe she could sing one line each performance and still make it to the top 12.
Old 02-28-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Paris was a bit shaky tonight.....but I think she pulled it off at the end, strange as I didn't think she could really be this shaky, good performance overall
Old 02-28-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These are some of the WORST song choices I've ever heard on this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.