Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Media Play Replay Card Refund

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone received a refund on their MediaPlay Replay card membership?

I called on 1/9/06 simply to ask if Replay certificates could be redeemed online. If they would change to their system so we could redeem them online, I wouldn't have minded so much that I had purchased a two-year renewal right before they announced the store closing.

The answer was no, not redeemable online, but did I know I could use it at Sam Goody? Yes, but I don't buy CDs and they don't really have DVDs.

Without even asking, the CSR offered to refund my prorated membership. I suspected right then that our Sam Goody store (Mishawaka, IN) would be closing. I was right.

On 1/19/06 my account shows a -$16.99 transaction, which I suspect is my membership fee refund. However, on 2/27/06, I still don't have it. It's now been over 5 weeks.

Is anyone else still waiting?
Old 03-22-06, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in case this applies to anybody else. . .

I called the REPLAY number today and was told by a CSR that refunds have been delayed due to the bankruptcy filing. I was told that my refund was probably processed but then not released due to a court order.

I was told 8 weeks from Feb 1st, which mean I could be getting it next week or the week after.

Good thing I was offered the refund and I decided not to keep the card. The Musicland in my area (which I never went to) is one of the ones closing.