Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Laloux's "Fantastic Planet"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the Anchor Bay R1 DVD this afternoon $3.99, which I am led to believe is a steal. Just by viewing some select scenes, it has this unexplainable "Monty Python Does Sci-Fi" feel to it. Strangely attractive, and at the same time, hard to grasp.

Anyone that appreciates this movie out there? Any rumblings of a re-release, or should I make it part of my library?
Old 02-25-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
I dug it when I saw it. I does have an interesting animation style and just a weird vibe to it.
Old 02-25-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
I've always liked the movie. I saw it in a theater WAY back when and really enjoyed the animation style and odd imagry.

It's an older DVD and I sorta remember hearing rumblings of a nicer release. $4 is pretty cheap and I'd probably pick it up if I found it.
Old 02-25-06, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought it years ago on DVD. The USA Network show Night Flight used to show it and I always loved it.

Interesting story, great animation & trippy music. What's not to love?

Has there been another release of it? The release I have has non-removable subtitles.

Wow, just had a look on eBay. They're fetching upwards of $50 dollars for legit, Anchor Bay releases of the DVD. Plus, it looks like a large number of lower priced bootlegs. (Jeeze, is eBay just becoming the DVD and CD bootleg capitol of the net?)