Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Madea's Family Reunion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Madea's Family Reunion

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madea's Family Reunion

Caught the first showing this afternoon. I loved it. Thought it was better than Diary of A Mad Black Woman in a lot of ways, especially since there's more Madea. But I think the first one might have had bigger laughs..

But it was great... touching, hilarious, a lot of heart and soul. There was a lot of clapping. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Can't wait for the next one..

I was a little worried when I saw it wasn't being screened for critics and the last one was but no need. This one is as good or better than the original.
Old 02-25-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I found this film to be a little uneven because there are a lot of laughs coming from Tyler Perry's performances as Madea and her hubby Joe, and their son Brian, but the main 2 subplots are so filled with either stark domestic violence, or a too-good-to-be-true romance compounded by self-doubt, and both storylines are filled with characters that border on being a little too 2-dimensional for its good. That being said, it's worth watching, and there's an impassioned plea to black men and women, with little subtlety, to stop the cycle of broken homes in order to enhance the meaning of family and provide the strong foundation for their futures.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.