Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Airtran Airways & cheaptickets.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-20-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Anyone ever experience problems with them?

I reserved a flight with Airtran through cheap tickets.com and not only did I never receive a confirmation email from them until 3 weeks later, but they screwed up the reservation dates and my home address to some place in Tennesee 600 miles from where I live.

After receiving the email I call up Airtranto tell them there's an error in the departure date and my address, and they tell me there is nothing they can do unless I pay $50 plus addition flight cost of up to $360 per ticket. Thety also said I could experience problems getting on the flight if my the address on my reservations do not match my Id.

I asked for a refund since they cannot fullfill their end of the agreement and they refused saying the flights are non refundable. Has anyone else experienced problems with these compainies?
Old 02-20-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Have you contacted Cheap Tickets? If they made the error, then they should fix it. If no one is willing to help there, your credit card should if you dispute the charge.
Old 02-20-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Have you contacted Cheap Tickets? If they made the error, then they should fix it. If no one is willing to help there, your credit card should if you dispute the charge.
I tried contacting them as well. They said their records reflect the incorrect date and address and are completely unwilling to help.

I called up the credit card company to file for a chargeback which I will most likely get but it could takes week to get my money back and the flight is for only a few days away. I can't afford to pay for new roundtrip tickets from another airline while I wait to get my money back from Airtran. Also flight costs are hundreds of dollars higher now since it is only a few days away. i'm pretty much screwed.
Old 02-20-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call back both cheaptickets and airtrain and try to speak with a supervisor or someone higher up. if they still dont' resolve it, tell them that you'll have to call your credit card company and ask for a chargeback. at that point, them might budge.

edit: oh yeah, don't forget to take down specific names, dates, times of call, and notes on what the person said. don't forget to get any customer service rep ID number (if there is one)
Old 02-22-06, 02:10 PM
Cool New Member

What about this is a "Hot Deal"????
Old 02-23-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is but one more reason to pretty much ONLY book through the airline's own website.
Old 02-23-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have called the next day to confirm the reservations at the latest