Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Disgruntled with Napster

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Disgruntled with Napster

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-06, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disgruntled with Napster

I had a free trial from napster which i had won from playing a Nestle instant win game. i forgot to cancel during the trial so i had to pay for a month afterwards. no big deal. my due date for that month was yesterday. so a couple of days ago, according to the instructions all i had to do cancel my account was to go online and change my status from napster to go to napster light. so i did that. then to my suprise i check my account this morning and i'm charged again for another month.

i call up customer service (which took 10 minutes just to go through a recorded message before i could get to an actual person) and i was told no you can't do anything online you have to call. she cancelled my account but i'm billed for another month.

why do these things give instructions for online cancellelation do not work?
Old 02-19-06, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I were a conspiracy nut ( ) I would say that it was to fool people and get another months service out of them. But since I'm not ( ) I would recommend calling your credit card company and dispute the charge based on their fraudulent information.
Old 02-19-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 354 Likes on 229 Posts
Call them and say you're going to dispute it if they don't do a chargeback on their end. That's just a ridiculous way of doing business.
Old 02-19-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cancelled my free trial with Rhapsody....well, tried to online. It said I had to call. So I shot an email to customer service and told them that was ridiculous. Well, basically. The next day my account was cancelled. "If I can sign up online why can't I cancel online?" Because then they can't TALK you out of it.