Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Make fun of crazy "Christian" Margaret of Trading Spouses

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make fun of crazy "Christian" Margaret of Trading Spouses

This fat woman spouting Christianity is a freak! I'm ashamed she's from Louisiana where I'm from. She launches into hysterics and foul language at the end of the show. I rebuke you in the name of the Lord! Worst form of recruitment for the Christian faith.
Old 02-18-06, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Disgusting human being in every possible way.
Old 02-18-06, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I heard she has some website and her little share of fame. With the money the other wife gave her for her gastric bypass surgery, I hope she has enough left for a labotomy and an exorcism. There must be a demon in that woman.
Old 02-18-06, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by big whoppa
There must be a demon in that woman.
No spirit, holy or unholy, can take the blame for that woman. That, my friend, is good old human ignorance.
Old 02-18-06, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For those who haven't seen this woman: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05634137914176

Last edited by big whoppa; 02-18-06 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-18-06, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.margueriteperrin.com/index.html
Old 02-18-06, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Corleone

Ok, so from that site it would seem fame has mellowed her out.
Old 02-18-06, 06:04 AM
Banned

JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!

Check her website. Pictures of her at award shows. Selling albums, (some cheesy rap song). Message boards. Wow, she's having a great time.

Just another example of why I laugh my ass off at people who take the bible or any religion seriously. What a world!
Old 02-18-06, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jeez, somebody sure thinks highly of her (who wants to bet she wrote this). I actually hate her after visiting her site:

-------------------------
Marguerite Perrin is a native of Ponchatoula, Louisiana where she lives with her husband, Barry, her daughters Ashley and Brooke and granddaughter Abigail. Marguerite has made a dynamic and unforgettable impact on every life she has touched. To those back home in Ponchatoula, she has achieved success far beyond wealth and fame. In their eyes, she has always been a star. But the tiny walls of Ponchatoula could never be strong enough to keep Marguerite from her adventures. In a world of similarity and formality, she was never meant to fit in. she was born to stand out.

Marguerite made her primary impact on America with her unforgettable appearance on the reality TV show, Trading Spouses. Her appearance, heavily advertised during the World Series, became the highest rated episode. Marguerite did not stop there. Appearances have included an interview with Mad Mama Makeover (Access Hollywood), chatting with the winners of The Biggest Loser, sharing her opinions on Inside Edition, OK Magazine and Reality Remix, as well as a second episode of Trading Spouses, whose video clip was one of the top rated clips for VH1 in 2005. And, after two appearances on The Kennedy Show, she accepted invitations for radio tours for both the Billboard and Radio Music Awards.

After appearing in TV Guide (a full page feature) and in the LA Times calendar section (which was one of the most read issues of 2005), much to her surprise a bobble head doll was created in her honor. Viewed on eBay by 350,000 people, the doll sold for $870, only to be presented to her on the Tonight Show as a special surprise by Jay Leno. A return appearance on the Tonight Show is being scheduled, and Marguerite's first music CD entitled "Marguerite (Why Can't You Be Sweet)" has been released to radio, as well as an upcoming movie role in Pandora's Yacht. This small town girl has definitely begun to make a name for herself in Tinsel Town. However, with all her fame and success, she still remains, well, somewhat unchanged.

By ignoring all rules of caution and conformity, Marguerite has been able to find a place in the hearts of her viewers through her fabulously unique personality, unyielding faith and astonishing pride. When she boards a plane and courageously leaves behind her home and family to venture into an unfamiliar world, Marguerite... an extraordinary individual, inspires all of us to look beyond tradition and conformity and remain true to ourselves.
Old 02-18-06, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn
A return appearance on the Tonight Show is being scheduled
Yeah, so is Anacondas 3.

Dana Carvey said it best (as Ross Perot): Nah gah dah.
Old 02-18-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Finally caught the second half last night.

I'm from Red State Bible Belt America, and, well... let's just say that she wouldn't exactly stand out much where I live.
Old 02-18-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clearly this woman is an actor acting out a part that she or somebody else created. I don't believe a minute that this woman is like this, it is way to far fetched. You can say all you want that this is a reality show, this is a ploy for ratings period.
Old 02-18-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If she's got all this money now, why doesn't she get her teeth fixed? Trailer cred?
Old 02-18-06, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by ShallowHal

Dana Carvey said it best (as Ross Perot): Nah gah dah.
Sounds like George Bush to me.
Old 02-18-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lateralus
clearly this woman is an actor acting out a part that she or somebody else created. I don't believe a minute that this woman is like this, it is way to far fetched. You can say all you want that this is a reality show, this is a ploy for ratings period.
I thought that from the beginning, and the fact that she has a website selling personal merchandise should be an even bigger tip off. But hey, let's not let that get in the way of making fun of them dumb red-staters.
Old 02-18-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Originally Posted by big whoppa
For those who haven't seen this woman: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05634137914176

Holy shit. Wow. I remember seeing the commercial for this way back but never saw the whole clip. What a nut job. Was she like this the entire episode or did she just freak out at the end?

She obviously watched Carrie on the flight home for inspiration.

What makes me sad are the children.

My favorite line: "Get the hell out of my house in Jesus' name!"
Old 02-18-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She went way over the top at the end. But she was a nutcase throughout. Like a volcano about to erupt. If this was all an act, she did a great job. Her children seemed normal overall suprisingly. Her husband needs the balls to demand a divorce.

Oops, misspelled her name. Marguerite.

Last edited by big whoppa; 02-18-06 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My family and I watch the parts of the show last night, very sad that someone like that claims to believe in God.

Just came back from visiting my mother in a Mental Hospital and the woman reminded me so much what my mom used to say and still does to a smaller degree.

Anyone who goes that kind of extremes has real problems, if the believe in God or not.
Old 02-20-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Jesus thinks she's a jerk.
Old 02-20-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I call Shenanigans as well.
Old 02-20-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thats the sole reason I hate reality tv. It's just too over-the-top fake.
Old 02-20-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I call Shenanigans as well.
Hey, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?
Old 02-23-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Seantn
Jeez, somebody sure thinks highly of her (who wants to bet she wrote this). I actually hate her after visiting her site:

Marguerite... an extraordinary individual, inspires all of us to look beyond tradition and conformity and remain true to ourselves.
This is defnitely true, she sure seemed to look beyond conformity and inspired me by being so open to new ideas and accepting/forgiving of other people and their ideas. She definitely had jesus-like qualities, NOT.

I'm sure part of it was an act as well, but her holier than thou beliefs just ticked me off when I saw it the other night and now she is trying to profit from her craziness, ridiculous. The other wife was more godly than her, by taking the high road and accepting the other family despite the differences and not being bothered when Margarite's friends cornered her and asked her about God and being a christian.

Also, I love the hypocrisy and irony of the ending. After all that crap of not wanting the money because she didn't want someone that was dark-sided telling her what to do with the money. Then the credits say she accepted the money to get gastric bypass surgery. Gluttony. Vanity. She is definitely the perfect christian example. Sorry, just had to rant.

Edited: for my great spelling.

Last edited by Duh Vuh Duh; 02-23-06 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-27-07, 01:05 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/27/god-wa...-in-car-crash/

"God Warrior" Perrin's Daughter Dies in Car Crash
Posted Sep 27th 2007 12:14PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: TV, R.I.P.

Marguerite Perrin, the God-obsessed shrew who infamously lost it on FOX's "Trading Spouses," after returning to her family, has lost her daughter Ashley in a car crash.

Ashley Perrin, 25, was driving on Interstate 55 in Ponchatoula, La., reports the Hammond Star, when her minivan hit a guard rail. According to cops, Ashley "was ejected" from the vehicle and died at the scene, but the cause of the accident is unknown. Ashley leaves an 8-year-old daughter.

The victim's mother is best known for her "God Warrior" ranting, particularly trying to throw FOX cameras out of her house when she returned to her family, and initially refusing to accept the $50,000 prize money -- because it was "tainted" and "dark-sided."

Chris